Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » If you could have one thing in your life what would it be?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you could have one thing in your life what would it be??
DevilLady17
Neophyte
Member # 5984

Icon 12 posted      Profile for DevilLady17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright I know there has to be tons of things that you want but if you could have one thing in your life that you could not live without what would it be??Whether it be true love or your best buds or even something store bought I wanna know!!So if you will take the time to answer this I would greatly appreciate it.
Posts: 14 | From: North Ridgeville, Ohio,America | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to All About You

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want a little guardian angel to sit on my shoulder to tell me it's alright, and to encourage me. Simply because my mother can't always be with me to tell me these things and keep my head on the grounds, not in the clouds.

That, or a piggybank. A very special piggybank. Anyone remember the story of the seive that gave unlimited amounts of rice? Well, I want a piggybank that does that. That way, I could be an ambassador to Australia, have my truck, and have money to attend Cornish College for the Arts. And I could donate to Paws, HIKE, and various other charities.

------------------
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me."
-- Nathaniel Lee

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 8 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would want an unlimited supply of good oboe and english horn reeds. OOoooooh, I'm so mad at my reeds! Not a SINGLE one works, and now I have to start making my own! Ughhh.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A loving, fulfilling relationship with both Gillian Anderson and Annabeth Gish. Sure it's selfish, but we all deserve a little self-indulgence sometimes.

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My P.E. teacher dressed as Lucy Liu out of Charlies Angels(during the evil efficiecny manager bit) sprawled out on my bed waiting for me when I come home. And wanting me too. That would be handy. And then a loving relationship with her.
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd wish that my graduate school applications came with one question: what is your name? and based on my response, all the graduate schools (and medical schools) i applied to would be on their knees begging me to attend their institution, with fat research grants flying my way.

would be nice.

till then, i have to cram for the GRE and fill out a crapload of forms and get my profs to write me nice things.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virvles
Neophyte
Member # 5971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virvles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sanity! Hahaha.... I wish that I could have a magical cure for depression, and that it wouldnt have icky side effects like the stuff that my friends use...and that I could just take one dose and I would feel all better! Depression sucks.

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every moment of it :D

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stability.

I crave stability more than I crave food. Or love. Or sex.

Maybe that's because stability is so much more difficult to get...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love. And a VEEEEERRRY close second is sleep. There are too many reports I should be working on now...

Winnie, are you ever on the message boards at the X-Files site? My identity over there is FirstGunwomn.

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'de want to mind read. It would make talking to guys alot easier!!! I mean, you'de automatically know what they thought of you.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angel, if you learn to do them right, reeds you make yourself are so much better than commercial ones, so just keep at it, and be proud you can play a double reed at all without passing out. I guess I'd just like to be able to know what I need to do to get what I want. Does that make any sense?
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
happiness
Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
changed my mind.. i want COURAGE.

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

[This message has been edited by Sh!mmeR!ng*staR (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are reeds?

I would want nothing to happen to my friends and family. It's scary to think about how much different my life would be without them.

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reeds are flat pieces of shaved bamboo that are bound across the opening on the mouthpiece of clarinets and saxophones and blown across to make noise (single reeds), or two thin pieces of the same material bound together and blown into on oboes, bassoons, English horns and the like (double reeds)

------------------
In the past this information has been supressed, but now it can be told: Every man, woman, and mutant on this planet shall know the truth about de-evolution.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, this kind of turned into what we wish we could have rather than things we couldn't live with out. so, i'll go along with what it turned into.

i'd like, for one, for my life to finally get moving. i'm in such a rut right now. i can't wait til it starts up again. and for two, i'd really like to find a nice guy to have a relationship. not the man i'm going to marry, but just a nice guy to have a starting relationship with. i've yet to have a good relationship, i'ven't even had a bad one!

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could have ANYTHING, it would be that the one I love didn't live 3 hours away...
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverBabe
Neophyte
Member # 6983

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SilverBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could have one thing in the whole world, it would be that my best friend, [edited: Please refrain from using names here, as we wouldn't want to offend anyone], would stop sleeping around, especially with out using any protection. If she would just be the smart girl I know she is, maybe I could get some sleep at night.

------------------
In life, there are choices to make every where you go. Do your best to follow your heart and listen to the advice of people you love and trust.

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 25 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want good people around me (friends and family)... you need love and happiness for a nice lil life... =)

[This message has been edited by CutiePie4eva (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
happiness, but not in the sense that i would always be happy, but that, at the end of the day, i would always be able to go to bed happy with me and my life.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 10 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pure happiness.
that is what everyone works for anyway...they jsut don't know how to achieve it.
it wouldnt matter what i had if i was happy....because i would just be HAPPY!

Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I already have true love, and that's wonderful. So the next thing I want is a rewarding job that I enjoy doing that pays enough to keep me alive. I'm scared that it might be impossible to find...
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turning 18 already would be nice . . .

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To live in a Harry Potter's world! That would be so cool to be a witch and go to Hogwarts.

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

"Haaaaaaaaaarrrrry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, heismyfriendhecanbeyourfriendtoo. Haaaaaaaaaaaaarrry Potter, becausehehasfeelingstoo!"

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Please, please, please let me know what I want . .
Strawberry Red
Neophyte
Member # 6800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberry Red     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could have anything in the entire world it would be...

The cure of my 18 year old boyfriend. He is currently suffering from relapsed Hodgkin's Disease (cancer) and he has a 70% chance of cure...but I'd give anything for it to be 100%

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IF i could have one thing in life there would be no doubt in my mind that i would choice a significant other. I definetly want a boyfriend who loves me and cares about me for the rest of my life!! That would be what i would want!

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~
"No i dont want to meet ur friends,
and i dont want to start over again
i just want my life to be the same just like it
use to be"

"In the land of the free, home of the brave, why is it that i still feel like a slave.?"

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeaceAngel
Activist
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeaceAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to think it would be to have a different name. I mean, Electra? Kinda weird. But I've gotten to where I like my name because it makes me unique. I don't know anyone else named Electra and it makes me feel special, in a way. If I could have one thing in the whole world, it would be world peace.-Everybody accepting everybody for who they are.

------------------
~It takes all kinds of people to make our world interesting and it takes acceptance to make our world peacful.~

Posts: 46 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doplegager
Neophyte
Member # 7458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doplegager     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I would choose to have control over time. Yeah. Stop it, slow it down, speed it up, go back, go forward. That way, I'd have all the time in the world to meditate on why I shouldn't be in control of time instead of having no time to meditate on why I should. Heehee... I can see it now... expanding into the vastness of the infinite, becoming one with the flow of the universe. wheeee!

I mean, if time was in one's pocket, space wouldn't matter, nor would deadlines. My, that would be nice...

------------------
"He was perfect, if you looked past all of his flaws."

Posts: 22 | From: Wichita, KS | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil'Lin
Neophyte
Member # 8007

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lil'Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plain and Simply: Happiness and/or REAL enduring love.
I don't need much.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 6 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm glad I found a Harry Potter fan on here!

Mine would have to be the same as BuffChick's. I would love to live in world were I could make potions and perform charms and spells. But, I would have to go out with Ron to be totally happy there.

My second one is to all ways be happy and do the right thing. Although i would miss how i felt after things get better again.

Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I am so happy to finally find a Harry Potter fan on here. Mine would have to be the same as yours BuffChick. But I would have to date Ron or Fred to be totally happy there.

The other thing I would want would be to live in a world were there is peace. I wish there would be peace in Isreal and between U.S and Afganistan.

Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charming_girl
Neophyte
Member # 8073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charming_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... this will have to be a tie:

love or happiness

True love would be great to have but to be able to be completely happy with myself, my life and everything around me would be just as good.

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby Doll
Neophyte
Member # 7178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baby Doll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FAME!!!!
Posts: 19 | From: The land of the pink tea pot! | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.