Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Not Another Teen Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not Another Teen Movie
teeniebopper
Neophyte
Member # 5791

Icon 10 posted      Profile for teeniebopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a commercial the other day for Not Another Teen Movie, and I am glad they are making fun of this kind of movie. All the girls in these teen movies are always so perfect and it's not very realistic. I didn't like She's All That for that very reason. Does this stuff really happen? NOT!!!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is a good idea to make fun of some of the ridiculous things we see in teen movies. Lots of my friends really loved and some still do love, movies like "she's all that", "drive me crazy", "10 things i hate about you", etc, etc.

I always hated them...I thought they were stupid and unrealistic and not at all true to life. I always felt like i was watching the same movie over and over with a different(sometimes, y'know, freddie prinz Jr.) cast and a slightly altered story line.
2 people get together, usually by the stupidest of circumstances...one of them does something stupid...they lose eachother...get together again and live happily ever after.

Aww well...it's good to have a sense of humour abou these things too however.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, i love those movies. they're not realistic, but so what? neither is hamlet. not everything needs to be realistic all the time.

by the way, "10 things i hate about you" was based on shakespeare's "the taming of the shrew."

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love teen movies, especially shes all that cuz of freddie prinze jr. and paul walker yum!! hehehe i don't care that there not real (thats why they are movies!!) But i think its funny as hell that there going to make fun of them. I mean I liek Nsync adn thats soo funny when their made fun of. its funny when im made fun of but yea. not another teen movie, is liek scary movie and i loved scary movie!! and i liek scream and i know what u did last summer.
OK i just like mumbled completely on this post sry guys!!
Oh yea I just wanna say that i ahve the hiccups and their really annoying!
------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Activist

*Mean People Suck*
*I wasn't kissing him, I was just telling his lips a secret*
*...And I love people that love me!!" -Pink
IM:PuMpKiNpie489

[This message has been edited by Cate (edited 11-10-2001).]

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 14 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE teen movies. Yes, they may not be realistic, but they take you away from reality for awhile. And most of the time, that's a good thing!

------------------
~*all you need is love*~

~*ShAnNa'S wOrLd*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hate teen movies. i hate teenybopper mall anti-culture. yes, i am a killjoy. i was the nerd in the background scowling at all the jocks and cheerleaders.

but i gotta admit 'Not Another Teen Movie' has piqued my interest as something that will numb my brain cells for a good 100 minutes. but I listened to a radio interview with the movie's two leads, and frankly, the girl in the lead role sounded totally insipid. From what she talked about in the interview, it sounded like she could use a good trip to Scarleteen and a long glossing-over of the articles. The guy got a few chuckles out of me, though.

I just saw Monsters, Inc. This flick is worth your $8.50. Too cute. I felt good when I left the theater. I want to go again.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonChild
Neophyte
Member # 4589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoonChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I have a feeling that whoever made this movie is trying to scam us. I mean if you think about....all the people who hate teen movies are gonna go see it and all the people who love them are too...so they kinda win both ways. I just this it looks cheap and not funny at all...just like normal teen movies, but that's just my opinion.
Posts: 21 | From: i forget | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie Juliet
Neophyte
Member # 5776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie Juliet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with moonchild... I think that Not Amother Teen movie is being totally hypocritical. It is exactly just another teen movie. All teen movies are making fun of something or another most just aren't as blatent about it as Scary movie. A "teen movie" is a movie that apeals only to a teenager's sense of humor which is exactly what this movie is.... now, don't get me wrong i love teen movies like 10 things.. and she's all that and i will definatly see Not Another Teen movie but i still think it's hypocritical.... well, that my two cents...
Posts: 20 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 12 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I go and see a teen movie, I don't try to think about the film's message, or how realistic it is - I just try to have a good time. PS. Though they may not be so realistic, sometimes these teen movies can have messages, sometimes rather silly ones, to pass on.

Who said the movies was a bad thing???

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hummm...

I quite like teen movies, you know

"10 Things I Hate About You" was really great, and I could relate a lot to one of the characters...

Everyone knows those films are not about real life, but then, movies *ARE* fiction, it's their purpose here, be something that is not what we see every day that can take us away from reality for a couple hours.

Teen movies are just a kind of fiction, like there is sci-fi, western, thriller, etc..

If the movies were to portrait reality as it really is, they wouldn't be movies, they'd be something like those reality shows, such as Big Brother

Think about.... when you go see a movie, would you really like to see your fat boring next door neighbour or beautiful people that are there to entertain you? [sorry for any generalisations, just a way of talking, hope no-one gets offended]

If you'd really preffer the neighbour version, it would be much cheaper to sit by the pavement and watch people go by, than to go see a movie about non-realistic subjects Because, even the stories that are *based* on real-life events, are always added with some bits of fiction so that they are more interesting and appealing, because it's that what people are after

I haven't heard of that movie you're talking about, it will probably arrive here only next year or so, but I bet it's pretty fun!! And nothing better than a silly movie to lift our spirits and improve our mood

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.