Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Costume Ideas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Costume Ideas
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh! Its almost Halloween and I haven't thought about my costume. The truth is, I've run out of ideas. Please help me! I need a idea for just me.... then I need an idea for me and my boyfriend. We need to go to his parent's costume party as a couple... wether it be famous couples or something else. We were thinking about devil and angel... and possibly doing a switch--me be the devil and him be the angel.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

------------------
-Ashli-

A kiss is just a kiss until you find the one you love, a hug is just a hug until you find the one you are thinking of, a dream is just a dream until you make it come true, love is just a word until it is proven to you

Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last year, i went as Dorothy, and my boyfriend went as te Scarecrow. We went to see Pearl Jam. And we also showed up to school in costume.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One year, my best friend and I didn't have time to do a costume (last minute type of thing).. so we got some halloween make up and made it look like we beat each other up... It was funny to the people's faces... (trick or treating... we were youngins). We wanted to go as the Jackson 5 but never had time to prepare. That's something u could try.

take care!!

------------------
(heart) always, sarah boo

*Memories are the best souvenirs.*

*I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Statue of Liberty and Uncle Sam. Very patriotic, which will be pretty popular this year, methinks
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for you you could be Kittie, from the movie Monkey Bone. Simple costume, but very sexy and cool (but not too sexy).

One thing my friend and I were thinking of doing was being Playboy Bunnies, and then finding some guys to be Chippendale dancers. We couldn't find any guys that were willing to do it (even with the prospect of seeing us bunny-ed out), but if your guy would do it, it could be mondo cute.

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm known for coming up with bizarre costumes. When I was about seven, I was an ice-cream person (I glued fabric ice cream cones to an old clown costume), a year or two later, I was a pizza person (I wore jeans and a t-shirt, a Pizza Hut hat, an apron, and carried an old pizza box), and last year, I needed a quick costume for school, so I put on multicolored knee socks, yellow shorts, and a reddish-purple skater shirt and went as a fashion victim.

I've also gone as many stereotypical pop culture references, which are always fun. As for going as a couple, I've heard one one couple that went as a mermaid and a fisherman-he was the mermaid and she was the fisherman. And once they went as Chewbacca and Princess Leia...can you guess who was who?

------------------
"I talked for hours to your wallet photograph
And you just listened.
You laughed, enchanted by my intellect...
Or maybe, you didn't."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go as a condom and a birth control pill, and pass out Scarleteen fliers!

Hehe.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend really wants to dress me up as Columbia from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't know if that will break my school's dress code or not . . .

But Aria, I really love your condom/scarleteen flyer idea. Maybe I can convince people I'll be with to do the same. That could be lots of fun.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok im a dork when it comes to coming up with costume ideas. hehe thats why my friends usually come up with the ideas and i go along with them. But sniff, sniff they are all in texas, SO that makes me come up with my own idea. ugh. hehe, so what i was planning to be a fairy but all punked out hehe. kinda dorky but i dunno lol.
well my friends are being playboy bunnies hehe, umm we also have been babies, britney spears and christina agularia (can't spell) and like 4 years ago we were hippies. we have also been the "princesses" of walt disney like belle, snow white, and jasmine. that was funny, umm maybe i'll be that again hehe.

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Activist

*Mean People Suck*
*I wasn't kissing him, I was just telling his lips a secret*

IM:PuMpKiNpie489

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, just the topic! Hehe, I've been a lot of interesting things in the past. Let's see...

1. Box of Popcorn - I had a cardboard box with holes for my head, arms, and legs. It was painted white and red stripes on the side, and then popcorn was glued on the top. (Warning: It gets really heavy!)

2. Lamp - I wore a gold dress that my Mom made, and I had a lamp shade on my head with holes cut for the eyes. I also carried around a lightbulb.

Ok, well... That's only two. I thought I had more than that, but I don't. I was Disney characters throughout the years, but I can't think of anything interesting that I've done.

Oh, haha. I think it would be really funny if you wrapped yourselves in aluminum foil and called yourselves baked potatoes.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My virgin Halloween.

I'm going to be a nice wholesome, traditional axe murderer. Complete with hockey mask and stupid-looking fake blood.

I can answer the door with my death metal voice - "I am the Angel of Death!", etc. Should be nice with the younger kiddies. I'll probably get burnt at the stake by the local religious freaks. (There are a LOT of them, and for some strange reason they love those stupid minivans.)

I was thinking of changing my mind and going for the Clockwork Orange look, though. You know - nifty eye makeup and a bowler hat. Anyone for some eggy-wegs?

Sometimes I scare me.

------------------
I like to Carson at least once Daly, otherwise I'd need this!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last year I was really rushed for the school costume contest so I grabbed a piece of poster board, stuck a piece of string through it, and wrote a big letter E on it--I was an E-male. I'm still called e-mail by seniors who don't bother to learn my real name.

They year before that I was a Serial Killer, and I just wore my normal clothes and said that serial killers look just like everybody else.

Someone else that year was a Cereal Killer, who stuck plastic knives through those little boxes of cereal and then taped the impaled boxes to her clothes.

This year I'm going as a shadow or a tourist, both of which are pretty simple. Or maybe a nerd. Ohhh, I just got an idea, to go as a teacher. Now which one to imitate?

Excuse me, I must now depart to figure out what I'm going to do for a costume.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OKay, I go to a Catholic school. SOrry that I didn't mention this beofre. And I'm also a girly girl. I was a fairy last year, but kind of an urban one-I was rockin glitter, a wand, wings, and rhinestones. Pretty dam cool costume. But... I need something easy, but girly and cute. As for the couple ideas, I like them... my boyfriend is wacky which turns me wacky and I'm sure that he'll get ideas off of yours! Keep em coming!
Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

I NEED SOME MORE!

------------------
-Ashli-

A kiss is just a kiss until you find the one you love, a hug is just a hug until you find the one you are thinking of, a dream is just a dream until you make it come true, love is just a word until it is proven to you

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 12 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is going to help you... but I really want to go as Amelia Bedelia this year. She was only the coolest lady in a maid costume ever.

Other neat ideas : Punky Brewster, a character from Full House, Salute Your Shorts, Hey! Dude, or Ghostwriter... and... um... Björk

Sorry I was no real help to you...

------------------
You're So Disco! : My Online Diary

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninaBruja
Neophyte
Member # 5622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninaBruja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dunno any ideas to give you XD but! this year i'm going as a renaissance princess.. my dress is so purple and velvety... and it has a corset-like top... *_*
Posts: 27 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

I'm gonna be a ghetto fairy.. wish you guys can see my costume it rocks--i'll describe it:

i have sparkly glitter jeans
a sparkle bandana headband
huge sparkly hoop earrings
obviously wings
a sparkle light up wand
a belly shirt with rhinestones on it
belly-button gems and eye gems
and silver heels

TADA! A ghetto fairy... no poofy dress for me!

------------------
-Ashli-

Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAHHH! I can't find my multicolored socks!

I was going to be a fashion victim again, but I can't seem to find any of the clothes I wore last year. I'm running out of ideas. Anyone have any ideas for cheap, easy, quick costumes?

------------------
And you just listened.
Or maybe, you didn't."

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Wrap a box in tinfoil, wear it, and be a robot! I love the Cheesy Robots.
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, it's settled. I went to the costume store and I'm going to be a "Fallen Angel". Picture an angel costume, but all black.

------------------
And you just listened.
Or maybe, you didn't."

XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Thats a creative idea! I really like it,its something different. Everybody loved my costume-they thought it was very cute and orginal. Thanks for all the great ideas I'll be sure to use them in the future!

------------------
-Ashli-

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so who's dressing up as what this halloween?

i'm trying on my costume (and wearing it as i type this) right now. i'm dressing as a hula girl, complete with coconut bikini top. of course, the weather has gotten colder as of late, so i got myself a flesh-colored body stocking to keep myself warm.

------------------
Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ole-girl
Neophyte
Member # 14373

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ole-girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as a French maid this year, cliched, I know, but my boyfriend really likes it and it's something different for me. I have all of the accessories- choker, fishnets, garter..... I decided to forgo the duster because it's just a pain to deal with it.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's halloween today!! Although it's not so big over here, I'm having a party on Sunday (good excuse for a party, hehe ) and I'm going as, ahem, Sister Sin. It's an easy enough costume to make so that suits me -- I borrowed a long black dress and I've made a collar-type-thing that nuns wear, plus a load of crosses on chains etc.....oh and as a little extra surprise I'm wearing my big combat boots and thigh length stripey socks underneath...I love being inventive!

Have fun tonight, everyone!!

*badger* (well I *should* go as a badger, but nevermind -- theres another idea for ya!)

[This message has been edited by badly_behaved_badger (edited 10-31-2003).]

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was originally going to go as one of the Crazy 88 from Kill Bill- it's nice and simple: black pants and tie with a white shirt and a plain black mask. Except that no one is selling plain black masks this year!

So I picked up some shiny orange leaves on a garlard, and I'll put them in my hair, don a gold dress and go as Autumn. Not terribly creative, but what can I do? At least I'll look smoking cool with all my glitter. Halloween is glitter time, in my mind

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a more elaborate costume involving a shirt made out of leaves to be a nature spirit at a Masquerade Ball in a week, but for today I dressed all in velvety clothing, drew truth tables and other such mathematical formulae on me, and went as fuzzy logic :-)
Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icanthinkofaname
Activist
Member # 12481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icanthinkofaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to go as a pimp, but my mom said no. and I don't havethe required make-up for going as Marilyn Manson. crap
Posts: 95 | From: Look behind you..... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get cheap makeup in dollar stores and drug stores, you know. Eyeliner, lipstick, and some pale foundation wouldn't be hard to find, you don't have to use makeup intended for Halloween.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

The Earth says Hel-lo!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm accepting my destiny this year and going as Pippi Longstocking.

The sad thing is, I don't look all that different than I usually do. I actually had to decide *which* pair of mismatched stripey socks to wear between so many pairs I already owned, it's terrifying.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The past few years, I've gone as whatever I was for my high school's Haunted House. But, seeing as I'm not in high school...

I threw on a pair of scrubs, a big white shirt, and I was a patient. For the scary touch, a little bit of stage wax to act as skin and a cut syringe complete with stage blood pushed in to the wax. It looked quite real, I must say.

I tell people I pissed off my nurse.

But, I got a bit warm, the wax melted, and my syringe fell off. Oh well.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went as a maid, and my boyfriend wore a bath robe, pipe, and cane. So we went together. Some girl showed up at the party with my same costume which kinda sucked, but i was there first so its not that big of a deal. My dad didnt really like the costume but when do i ever listen to him. lol.
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this year I went as Brian Slade from the movie Velvet Goldmine. man, I was hot

------------------
I don't wanna be like other people are
Don't wanna own a key, don't wanna wash my car
Don't wanna have to work like other people do
I want it to be free, I want it to be true
(New Order)

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this is belated...but i loved my costume!

my roommate and i found these really cheap lingerie dresses at goodwill, and also tacky stiletto heels. so we were BAD PROM QUEENS. we had long strands of fake pearls, ugly wal-mart tiaras, and sashes that said prom queen. and ugly prom hair. it was awesome!!

em

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.