Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Plus Size Teen Clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plus Size Teen Clothes
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of som really cool clothes for plus size teens? Im sick of seeing only 'old ladies' clothes for teens

-Abby

------------------
Sometimes you have to kiss ass, before you can kick it

Watch out! I spell awful!

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Girlfriends LA. Although I've never actually bought anything from them, I love looking through the catalogue at all the cool clothes I COULD have. The websit is http://www.girlfriendsla.com.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, the clothes come in sizes 2 to 26 I think. Big big range. And it doesn't run really small according to the sizing chart. Really neat-o clothes.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Girlfriends LA is great for nearly every body type. I have an old GFLA catalog here, and it has sizes from 0 (31-23-33) to 25 (50-42-52). Their models are actually real people, too, ranging from petite girls to plus-size girls on every page. Also their clothes are just adorable.

------------------
"I talked for hours to your wallet photograph
And you just listened.
You laughed, enchanted by my intellect...
Or maybe, you didn't."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Torrid

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 10-28-2001).]

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, Torrid is great. Lane Bryant is also trying their darnedest to be appealing to the "younger" set -- stretchy, bright, glittery things galore. But if that's not your bag, you can also get all sorts of stapes there - white shirts, great jeans, jackets, skirts, and so on.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 6 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lane Bryant is also a store that has cute plus size clothes... the jeans there are the cutest!

------------------
I believed in nothing,
but you believe in me,
I thought that life was worthless,
but you told me I'm a star...

Angel-Stabbing Westward

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torrid (http://www.torrid.com) is great if you live in the States, but I'm in Canada and unfortunitly we don't have a Hot Topic, or Torrid...

Penningtons (http://www.penningtons.con) has a line of clothing called 'Un Deux Trois' - for teens. Most of my clothing comes from there. It has sizes 14 to 52 and probably bigger. Here, you aren't restricted to those ugly straight legs jeans, with the elastic waist and no pockets... you can buy flares, tank tops, shorts, sweaters... all nice clothes that teens would wear, in plus sizes...

Just thought I'd bring that up for the Canadian girls out there...

------------------
~Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Depending on what size you wear, even Old Navy might be helpful. I was there two days ago, and I saw some size 20s. And they run pretty normally. They had a huge sale. Old Navy is great if you're strapped for cash. Now I have to brag about my cheap-clothes finding abilities. For $47.50, I got 2 miniskirts- one dark denim with studs, one burgundy cordoroy (sp?), a pair of bootcut ultra low-rise jeans with a button fly, a lightweight dark red jacket, and a devil halloween costume for my doggy- he looks very adorable in it. Isn't that exiting? Maybe I have TOO much fun shopping without my mother present . . .

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

f0xyfairydust
Neophyte
Member # 4980

Icon 6 posted      Profile for f0xyfairydust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
places like old navy have lots of cute things and delias catalog has almost all of their cloths up to size 17 i think i used to wear those sizes, and thats the places i would shop but i'm down to size 9 now but i still love those kinda stores. good luck, oh and the avenue and stores like that have a few cute things if you search or go when they have a new line out!

------------------
cause it feels so bad when you taking a drag and when your looking at the world through dying eyes
when your staring it dead
and your giving it head
and all those things you say and love never come alive.
IF IT FEELS SO BAD MAGICALLY ENOUGH FOR ME when your get so high that you wanna die but every thing around yous turning green
when you get so low and i know you been feeling like a dryed up leaf in a summer breeze
IF IT FEELS SO BAD
MAGICALLY ENOUGH FOR ME

Posts: 20 | From: GRAPEVINE TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot Topic (http://hottopic.com) has some great clothes, but I don't know how they are with plus sizes. Last time I was i nthere, I found out my shirt size went down from extra large to plain 'ol large. ::groans:: I think I liked the extra large better.

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torrid makes plus-sized goth and punk gear. Sizes 14-26. check it out:
http://www.torrid.com

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.delias.com www.alloy.com
They've both made their clothes in bigger sizes. I don't have an Alloy catalog with me at the moment, but Delias goes from size 0 (31/23/33) to 19/20 (45/37/47), I don't know if that's a regular 19/20, but the clothes are super cute and not grossly expensive. And I'd like to put in a good word and say that I haven't had any problem with any of my orders or returning things either

Brittany

Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living Large

The SF Chronicle has an article on places around the Bay Area where women can get plus sized clothes.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Plus-Sized Teen Girls Are Fashionably Hip NYTimes article about teen girls and the really cool clothes they wear.

also featured in the article: http://www.alight.com

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.