Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » How did you spend your ST break?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How did you spend your ST break?
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So after the long absence that we had here, Scarleteen is now back and better than ever! It will be good to see you all again here in our happy little home, but I am curious...what did you all do while the boards were down? Not having ST certainly freed up a lot of time for many of us, and in some cases it *gulp* actually forced us to find some other activities to partake in!

So let's hear it, what did you all do during the time you would have been spending here? (And the big prize goes to all those whose answers are "I read all the articles" or "I read all the FAQ's")

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah! I actually did read all (well most) of the FAQs! I had already read most of the articles!

I missed being able to converse with all of you!

Glad it's back up and running again!

Silly Girl

------------------
~*A True friend stabs you in the front...*~

~* It takes 3 seconds to say "I love you" but a lifetime to prove it... *~

My page

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i read a lot of newspapers.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To start off my break, I finished reading the parts of the site I hadn't yet. After that I went LiveJournal-nuts and posted more frequently than usual.

Of course, then my classes started up, so ... Much less fun. But with an hour to two hours between most of my classes this semester, I may be able to hang around on Scarleteen during the day (of course, that involves dragging around the laptop and the wireless network card -- or perhaps sinking the money into a wireless NIC for the Handspring Visor. *evil thought*).

Anyway, it looks like most of us are still alive.

[This message has been edited by Shadowhawk (edited 09-10-2001).]

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAH!!! i can post again! Im so happy! ! hehe. Well i read like all the old posts during our break and i read all the faqs too! yea! I started school again, lotsa homework ugh! But i also moved! yep, from texas to connecticut! im so happy, i love it here! Oh yeah, i also started field hockey, *sniff* now i can run home and get on the computer! lol! im so glad i get to talk to all of u great ppl again! hehe!
Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 6 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to school, did homework, went out with friends... all that fun stuff

------------------
I believed in nothing,
but you believe in me,
I thought that life was worthless,
but you told me I'm a star...

Angel-Stabbing Westward

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...... first off, I am glad the boards are back... and during the lil break, I read my horoscopes and checked e-mail and chatted online... That was my online life... haha.. and still is.

take care!

------------------
(heart) always, sarah boo

*Memories are the best souvenirs.*

*I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Before the boards even existed, I read all the articles, and have read all the new ones since. And I did read all the FAQ's. I find that FAQ's, regardless of what they are about, entertain me.

Basically, I had no reason to be online except for e-mail. That's what I did.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent a lot of time and at camp and the rest of the time impatiently waiting for the precious boards to re-open.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while since I've seen this thread. But with another Scarleteen vacation having come and gone, I'm curious as to what ya'll did during the break. Anyone do anything interesting or exciting? If so, please let us know...we individuals with boring lives need to live vicariously through you!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this had to be one of the worst weeks. 2 people i know died, ive been going through boy confusion, and i was bored online.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This time around, I looked up information about my trip. I fly out 31 July to Sydney. Because of the whole International Dateline thing, I skip my best friends birthday entirely.

On the fourth, I went up to Lummi Island ( a LITTLE island in the San Juans) with my special friend. I was told I could not stay the night at his house on the Island, but my parents said nothing about him not staying at my Grandmother's house with me. They know nothing, and it's going to stay that way. It was very nice.

I've been sleeping in as late as I can stand, because I will get no sleep between 30 July and 13 August, when I am preparing for, in, and coming home from Australia.

Whoohoo!

------------------
Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! --- HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a LONG break from Scarleteen, so this could be a very LONG post. Heh, nice to be back though.

Let's see...

I got my license recently. I'm now free to drive around and that freaking rocks! Oh yeah, and I just got a job. I start working at JoAnn Fabrics on Friday.

I passed the 10th grade, and had a very bumpy school year. A lot of ER visits, all that stuff... But! I have a very nice therapist now, and I've been off ALL medication for over a month. My asthma hasn't been acting up at all.

Heh, I found another message board. I'm not going to say which because it's not always suitable for kids. Involves raves and EDM and stuff like that...

And most importantly...

I've gotten myself under control. I can't say that I've kicked all the bad habits, but they're much better than the used to be. I feel better about myself, and I'm a lot happier.

YAY!!!!! *jumps for joy*

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I argued a lot (I think I've taken on most of the higher-ups at work at this point), played with hardware (I think my motherboard's dead, so I'm on a Pentium I with more modern guts right now), worked on some late summer plans, and was inctroduced to some new music (and the friend who introduced me to it and I are going to try to see him in September). I also made use of run-on-sentences . . .

------------------
Why can't you have your cake and eat it too?
Why believe in things that make it tough on you?
Why scream and cry when you know it's through?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on the forth of july i went up to abilene and road on go carts in the rain. it was much fun getting dirty. we even got stuck in a puddle, though mind you i hadtah get out and push. by the time i went back to see my parents i was absolutly drenched in complete mudness and if u don't mind me saying so was coompletely wonderous. its hard actually being able to get dirty and be accepted for it. i actually felt sexy covered in glorious mud! *gwahahaha...* otherwise my week away from scarleteen was filed with forgetting the day the boards opened again and coming back frequently just to see whether it just "accidentally" opened back up. oh and of course missing my hunnie. he's been gone all week on a church road trip. *sighs* i miss him terribly. im just glad the boards are back

------------------
*~remember the only thing we need sometimes are chilly nights and warmer thighs, cuz nothing is like being held...sometimes*~

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely nothing!

This summer has been bor-ing. But next summer I will be able to driiiive! So I can go places without having to depend on others. Oh yeah, I got my hair cut ... short!!!

Darkchild - July 31 is my birthday! Are you going on a student 2 student trip, or just for fun? Have a good time!

Yay! I hope everyone is having a *wonderful* summer!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 07-11-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in basketball camp all week!! I got an award for enthusiasm and for constantly striving to improce my game!!!!

I got a vad injury on the second day though, I tripped over someone, someone else tripped over me, landed on my head and smacked my head off the floor, I was out cold for a few seconds, and then I was lifted over to the sidelines, I was all wobbly and everything!! The headaches have sorta gone away now, so yayayyyyyy!!!

Well, that's basically what I did for my break!!

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Hey Daydreamer--
I am a member of the International Order of Job's Daughters (job pronounced with a long "o"). Our international conference is in Queensland this year, on the Gold Coast.
I get to represent Washington State on our Ritual team. Basically, it's 5 people saying part of this story. Like 5 little monologues make one big one. If y'all want more information, the Supreme website is www.iojd.org. The Washington site (much better, in my opinion) is www.waiojd.org.
It's an organization for girls 11-20. The boys have DeMolay.

I was supposed to go with People to People, but I couldn't afford the $400 application fee, or the rest of the $5,000 it would have taken to go. This way it's only about $3,500.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 07-12-2002).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.