Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » When Does Your School Start?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When Does Your School Start?
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As most of us North American folks are aware, summer is rapidly approaching its end. And after an angst-filled summer, as evident by some of your posts, I wonder how you all feel about going back to the daily grind we call school.

When does school start for you? Are you looking forward to it at all? What are some things you've missed about school? What are some things you'll miss about summer? Are there people you're looking foward to seeing when you get back?

I know I personally can't wait for school to start....for a variety of reasons. What are some of yours?

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoahK24
Neophyte
Member # 5024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoahK24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school starts tomorrow(9th Grade). I actually can't wait to go back because I think it'll be fun, and I'll be one step closer to being able to drive. I've missed all the girls that I've been good friends with, and I look forward to joking around, and getting in trouble with all my pals. And I'll be looking forward to seeing this new girl, that I might hook up with. Hopefully the ninth grade will be the next to best school year of my life, the best I hope is the 12th grade.
Posts: 12 | From: Atlanta,GA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school starts on Monday, August 20! I am very ready to start school back up again! I will be a sophmore... only 3 more years, then I'm gone!

------------------
~*SHaNNa*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also starting on the 20th. I don't have very strong feelings either way; I'm a third year freshman, so it's a little discouraging knowing how long it's going to take me to finish. But it's exciting, finally having something to do during the week away from my house

I'm taking freshman english, fundamentals of Math (I'm too *slow* for Fundamentals of Algebra! ) and Science Fiction this fall, then in the spring I'm transferring to a new school again and will take the fine arts and science classes I enjoy.

As for the people there... I don't really have any friends here anymore, so hopefully I can remedy that. And it'll be nice to talk to someone who knows more words than Mama, Dude, Meow, and Good.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go back on the 22nd for the start of my senior year (yah!). I'm a little reluctant to go back since it's going to be my last year of high school and all that. Now I'm just wondering where the summer went - it seemed to have just flown by . To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that excited to see some of my friends again - I never am when it comes to going to school... And I also don't look forward to all the "stupid freshmen" (no offence, that's just what we call them) that are going to running all over. Oh, and I have yet to go school shopping but I'm going sometime soon.

------------------
Always remember: curiosity killed the cat:)

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our school starts after Labour Day ... which means school starts on Tues., Sept. 4. Yayyy! I'm happy to be going back. I'm usually really bored all summer and this is no exception. I'm going to be a first year senior (you have an option of being back for a second yr) and i'm looking forward to doing some OAC's (really first yr univ courses) like kinesiology and family studies

------------------
--Hollie West
*~Scarleteen Advocate~*

I have this nagging fear that everyone is out to make me paranoid.
~ Anonymous

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start the 27th of August. I'm excited to back because I am determined to have a better year than the last. Last year was such an awful time for me... It's NOT going to be like that again.

But here are the top reasons why I'm excited:
1. I'm taking computer science class! (I'm such a nerd.)
2. The Music Department might be going to Orlando this year for our competition.
3. It's one year closer to leaving.
4. I can start to drive!
5. I won't be a freshman.
6. Hopefully being able to post Scarleteen fliers!
7. Having an hour to myself everyday after school.

Those are all I can think of at the moment. I might've posted some in my Village People post, but I'm not sure.

This is what I'll miss about summer:
1. SLEEPING IN!
2. Not having homework.
3. Being a slacker.
4. Using massive amounts of TEEvee and internet.
5. Eating whenever I want to.
6. Staying in my PJ's all day.

I'm looking forward to seeing my friends. I haven't really seen them at all over the summer. It's always fun to goof off all the time. You know, being social... Hehe.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
School starts the day after Labor day-September 4th! I'm dreading it only because I'm probably going to have some scheduling problems, I moved (and we're still trying to work that out so I can go to the school that all my brothers went to and my friends are going to), and this also means No Sleeping Late/No Going To Bed Late/No Playing The Sims All Day/No Bugging Danny To Play His Playstation/And Only 1/2 As Much Sugar!

On the other hand, I'm out of Middle School, and only a few more years before I graduate. Plus, I'm always a little excited about school starting.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"To the beemobile!"
"You mean your Chevy?"
"Yes."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
School starts officially on Friday the 31st, with my orientation the day before that. Sophomore orientation... fun.

I am kinda excited for school. It means I'll get to see my crushes! That's the only real reason I want to go back. How typical But honestly, I've slightly missed some of the people that I haven't seen over the summer. I'm not excited in the slightest bit to use the textbooks (eew, I have them all now. I'm going to bomb Biology).

I'm also dying to find out who's in my classes. So far almost everyone that I've asked has no classes or no lunches with me. Grr! Let us cross our fingers I get some with my crushes... wee.

------------------
You're So Disco! : My Online Diary

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um..somewhere around 29 August. I only have two classes that are on campus and the other two are "online" so I really won't be there much. That's fine with me since I'm still sort of wondering if I'm nuts for going for three more years of college after I already finished four (shouldn't I be well onto the road of a PhD by now???).

------------------
"I can't die. Something tells me the people of earth are going to need me." --Rueben

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, school starts for me on the 29th. I'll be in grade 11 this year. (Uh-oh, I typed 10 the first time... But I'm a moron, so... ) Last year must have went fast... What I miss about school is the routine. If I'm not told what to do, I'll just sit, rot, and die because of laziness. I miss the people, the fun, but certainly not the homework. Some things I'll miss about summer would probably be the days upon days of sleeping in, the hours upon hours on the net, and the long summer days with no worries. Finally, I'm basically looking forward to seeing everyone again, except for a select few, but I have my reasons.

------------------
"I like a man with rock in bum."
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start the 27th. I can't say right now if I look foward to it or not.

I mean, yeah I'm bored and I'll finally have something to do than just sitting here all day reading about nothing and everything but most of my friends droped out, so I'm pretty much alone this year

At least I'll start my 2nd year at college, so that brings me to almost halfway to the end... Yeah, I don't actually plan to going to university afterwards but I might change my plans according to how it'll go.

Anyway, I hope I'll have fun meeting new people this year !!!

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start the 6th of september!

In so excited because I get to see all my friends every day!

Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alli
Neophyte
Member # 5156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 16. I live in a town of six thousand people and there are two high schools to deal with the thousand or so high school students here, and here I am, too darned antisocial to be going to high school after homeschooling for quite a long time. Lucky me, eh?

-A-

------------------
ten thousand miles from where I ought to be..

Posts: 3 | From: nowhere, KS | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know, all i know is that its my last year!! Whohoo! Im gonna be a senior!!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is quite sure when my school starts, but it'll be sometime the week of August 29th.

I really can't wait to get back to school, away from my parents, back to my friends. There are people I miss very much that for this reason or that one I haven't contacted at all this summer (even my best friend...I'm horrible, I know). Plus I can't wait to get to the swing of things, take my PSATs (I started studying for my SAT's earlier this summer...how pathetic am I? I'll only be a sophmore!), and to prove to my family once and for all that I can get good grades if I so desire. Plus PixieDust and I are going to start a GSA, if all goes well, which is good

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start September 5th. I'll be in grade 11. Fun.

I HATE school... I enjoy sleeping in and I get really stressed out by all the work.

Plus, I had to do 10 days of summer school this year (darn math!)

------------------
~Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm all done high school, and haven't sorted out whether I'm taking culinary or computer stuff in college, so I've nothing lined up for September. I think the next educational things I'll be doing are looking into what I can learn of programming by myself. Either find some software for my big AmigaBasic book, or go for something a bit more recent and practical. Need to learn to drive, too. And take a bartending course. Which, even though it's appropriate for the work I intend to be doing, and I'm not too fond of drinking anyway, still makes me feel like a lush.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only I could freeze time...

School for me (Arizona State Univ) starts on the 20th. I'm not exactly psyched to be going -- after all, I'm now a lowly little frosh and it's time to meet all sorts of new weirdos and hope I find people to talk to in classes. However, given the amount of money I sunk into this semester, I'll be there come hell or high water.

"Welcome Week" junk actually starts Thursday, so ASU just wants to worm its way into my life however it can.

On the positive side of things, I'll get to meet new people. Unfortunately, though, I'm going to have to work my butt off to maintain the friendships I already have (none of our schedules are friendly), and there's also the evil class which calls itself Calculus.

Oh well. High school was a blast, and it can only get better from there.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donutduchess
Activist
Member # 4675

Icon 6 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh my school starts in 7 dreaded days! EEK!!!!!!! Im VERY nervous. I will be starting college. Its only an hr away from me, but still. I had an awesome summer. The best ever and I wouldent change a thing. I just wish it could last a lil longer!!
Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheh now this thread is making me feel *really* lucky!!

I'm not even sure when school (university) will start for me, because it won't be before the very end of September!! wheeeeeee!!!

I'll be on 1st year of Uni again (changed course), so I'm a bit excited because this is the course I always wanted, and I'll be in a new class and I won't know anyone... it's a kind of self improvement goal to actually get to know new people and have decent grades this year! But if I could choose I'd still delay the re-starting of school a couple months... hehe it's too good being on holidays, Summer... especially when you've just got back from 2 weeks at the beach! hehe

To all of you who are going back to school... Good Luck!!!

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My school starts on August 28, and I have really mixed feelings about it. I'll be going to the highschool, and I've already made a bunch of friends there because of marching band, but...oh, I don't know, I'm still nervous about being left out. See, the thing is, my older brother will be a junior this year, and so he's already had two years to make friends, become a part of "the scene," and establish a place for himself, so I'm rather worried about being "Isaac's little sister" for my entire highschool career. I'm sure everything will work out, but I'm still sort of scared.

Course-wise, I'm generally quite satisfied; I have all of the hardest teachers in the school, so I fully expect to learn something this year, unlike last year when, although I got higher grades in English than anyone in the teacher's 15 years of teaching ever managed to do, I basically floated through the year. I'm going to have to really revamp my time this year; I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to fit in all the extra studying and homework, but I'm sure it'll all work out. Hey, who needs sleep, anyway?

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I?)

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was going to start in texas which started the 14th but im moving to connecticut which starts the 30th. What fun going to high school without know a soul! Lucky Me!

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Activist

*Mean People Suck*

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.