Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » BOUNCY (happy) songs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOUNCY (happy) songs?
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 6 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we've talked about sad movies and sad songs...but what about those songs that just cheer you up on a bad day...the CD or song that you KNOW you can pop into the player and in about thirty minutes you will be smiling or laughing or bopping in your chair or whatever?

Here are some of mine (I'll probably add to this): Moxy Fruvous: King of Spain

Once I was the King of Spain
Now I eat humble pie
I'm telling you I was the King of Spain
And now I work at the Pizza Pizza

Almost anything by They Might Be Giants, especially Birdhouse in Your Soul, Women and Men, and most of the stuff from their CD Apollo 18.

A lot of silly Weird Al stuff (as you guys can tell, I like goofy things...but I keep them around for the purpose of cheering me up, see?

Dar Williams: Family
Dar Williams: The Blessings
Dar Williams: The Christians and the Pagans (very bouncy)
Dar Williams: As Cool As I Am (again, very bouncy, music-wise)
Eagle Eye Cherry: Save Tonight. This one, I know, is kind of a sad song, but it resonates a lot with my SO and I because we were in a LDR for a long time and now that's over and we always perk up when we hear that song just because it resonates so well with both of us and it's very recognizable...so that's more of a "wow, this reminds me of my SO" kind of thing.

And lots of Cyndi Lauper, again for the bouncy quality of the music.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Mandy Moore- Candy
*Christina Aguilera- Genie in a Bottle
*Britney Spears- Sometimes, Hit Me Baby One More Time
*Creed- Higher
*Sum41- Fat Lip

------------------
So let's go there
Let's make our escape
Come on, let's go there
Let's ask can we stay?

Can you take me higher?
To the place where blind men see
Can you take me higher?
To the place with golden streets

~*SHaNNa*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anything by POP TARTS! they're crazy and german and sound like the girly ramones. but funner. get the 'censored try me' 7" now! 'no life singed her' by pavement makes me wanna rawk out. hee hee hee
Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas
"Summer Girls" LFO
"Pretty Fly (for a white guy)" The Offspring
"You Desiease" Saliva
"All my rowdy friends" Hank William Jr. (gotta love the old country )

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justaguy
Neophyte
Member # 5048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i must say any of adam sandlers CDs or any of Tenacious D songs those are funny!
Posts: 12 | From: Austin, Texas, US | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by the Promise Ring. These emo kids are fabulous. Also, I'm thinkin' that some Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet is always good for curing the blues. (If you don't know 'em, they did all the music for the Kids in the Hall TV series.)
Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of stuff by the Greatful Dead, especially "Uncle John's Band", Truckin, Sugar Magnolia,
Mrs. Robinson buy Simon and Grafunkel
Brown Eyed Girl and Center Field by Dan Fogerty
I feel good by james brown
Take Five by Dave Brubeck

yeah yeah I know I'm showing my age

Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say- "steal my sunshine" by Len has always seemed like a happy song to me. I also like "you gave your love to me softly" by Weezer (even though it's not particularly bouncy, it always gets me up and going). And any classical music seems to make me happy (not the typical choice of music for most teenagers, but what can I say?).

Oh yes, and.. *gasp* .. "when god fearin women get the blues" by Martina McBride. *hehehe* I'm a big fan of country music (not hard core country, but the milder stuff). That song just happens to have a very catchy tune.

------------------
Long live the geeks..

I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms,
On a pillow of blue-bonnets
In a blanket made of stars

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pop punk seems to get me happy. It is bouncy and happy and gets me dancin. Weezer is pretty good too. And I also listen to 2 Live Crew (even though i strongly dislike rap) cuz they are really funny and perverted and it makes me laugh, especially the song 'Dirty Nursery Rhymes'. Oh yeah, I also like "Teenage Dirt Bag' cuz my best friend is named Noel (same as the girl in the song) When i want to get happy i try my hardest to stay away from classic rock and anything really heavy. I generally like Zepplin, Ozzy, and Staind but when im not happy it only makes things worse.

And what is with this trend of really depressing music right now?

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weezer and weatus and everclear!!
I love these folk

Also anything by daphne and celeste aka U.G.L.Y

------------------
*~ And the beat goes on~*
~*Ya da dada de~*
~*ya da da da dum~*

Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My SO and I have an injoke about how it seems A) 90% of the songs on the radio seem to be about breaking up with someone and B) Certain bands only know how to write songs involving breaking up with someone (Limp Bizkit...)

It's sad... That's why I created this thread, though! Woo for music that makes you go bounce instead of *splat*.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 10 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.....cool topic
anything by everclear...
and Miserable by LIT (contradiction...i know!)
and blink 182 song
any manson song...bouncy alright!
steal my sunshine
and any Coldplay song

------------------
what-me-worry?

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you remember the boo radleys (ages ago) wake up boo? that is soooo happy.
anything by rachel stamp and king adora. ahh and for some old stuff, T-rex!
anything that is glam and goth and happy and cool, with plenty of glitter and spunk and make-up.

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broken_wishbone
Activist
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broken_wishbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzuunmod:
[B]Anything by the Promise Ring. These emo kids are fabulous.[B]

I'll have to agree with you on that one. "I've got my body and my mind on the same page, and honey now happiness is all the rage." Makes me smile just thinking about it.
Then there's Sifl and Olly (this old sock puppet show on MTV). I made a mix CD of most of their songs, and I can always put myself in a good mood with it. Greenday's Dookie. The Aquabats... A lot of Smoking Popes songs... Too many to list. Too many to list about this whole topic. Very good question, though.

------------------
I panic and hold on tighter, but that makes it worse.
How am I supposed to take it when she says, "This is something I'm going through; it's got nothing to do with you"?

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Charlotte's self-titled album, every song except for "Screamer" "Change" "Complicated" and "Seasons" make me feel really up and giddy. Those four other songs...they're all really good "Screamer" is my theme song, kinda sad (I cry from it sometimes) "Change" is just the unrequited love ballad, "Complicated" is about their dad who abandoned them and "Seasons" just makes you want a relationship really badly, LoL.

Eh...also, "Ruby Soho" by Rancid makes me feel abnormally happy for some reason. Who *doesn't* love that song? If you've heard it, you love it, ADMIT IT!

I'm forgetting something...crapola...

Um, well, this wasn't it but "The Radio Still Sucks" by the Ataris, too.

Well, if I remember it, I'll post it. Dammit, how do I forget these things!

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

++Part of a conversation with Benji from Good Charlotte++
Me: Your music means so much to me...
Benji: Really? Thank you. Thank you very much. It means a lot to -me- that you said that.
(This was followed by a hug from Benji.)

R.I.P. To all the victims of the terrorist attack that occurred on September 11, 2001. Truly a dark day in our history.

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broken_wishbone
Activist
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broken_wishbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Ruby Soho, but not because it's a happy song. That song makes me sad. It's about a boy having to leave a girl to be a rock star. It used to make me cry. However, if a song can make me cry, it's got to be good.

------------------
I panic and hold on tighter, but that makes it worse.
How am I supposed to take it when she says, "This is something I'm going through; it's got nothing to do with you"?

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listen to the Mr. T Experience. they're all about bouncy pop-punk songs.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jimmy Buffett!!! He is the only writer of songs about booze and women that I enjoy.

Some songs that crack me up are Love Shack, I'm Too Sexy, and a parody of Alanis Morrisette's song "what if God was one of us" called "What if God smoked canabis?"

Stuff that gets me pumped up is...I really wish I was on my computer so I could see my MP3 list right now...
Conga - Gloria Estafan
Everybody Dance Now - CC Music Factory
Carol of the Bells - Trans Siberian Orchestra
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Hockey Music!!!
Sing Sing Sing - by anybody
Minority - Greenday
Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
most stuff by Boston, their best song is More Than a Feeling.

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*g*
I like Rock Lobster better than Love Shack, but the B-52's still rock. Lucina's right about 'crazy and German' stuff being good too, and I like most of John Doe's selections, though I'd see them more as gentle music than bouncy.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could I forget? The ultimate bouncy music is Rob Hubbard's Thing On A Spring theme. Guaranteed to make you feel better, and drive friends, family, and pets insane, in just a matter of minutes. http://members.internettrash.com/milke/c64.mid
And it even sounds cool in Midi format! What could be better?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fat Lip" by Sum 41
"Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited
"Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees
"Hangin' Around" by Counting Crows
"Butterfly" by Crazytown
"Party Up" by DMX
"Blue" by Eiffel 65
"Wonderful" by Everclear
"Brick House" by the Commodores
"Hooch" by Everything
"Hustler" by Jay-Z
"Rock & Roll Song (The Hey Song)
"Rock & Roll All Night" by KISS
"Bawitdaba" by Kid Rock
"Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit
"Faith" by Limp Bizkit
"My Way" by Limp Bizkit
"Unusually Unusual" by LoneStar
"Marijuana In Your Brain" by Lords Of Acid
"Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up" by Cypress Hill
...and there are probably plenty more where that came from too, but i'm about to go to bed, so go figure...

[This message has been edited by SmackDownDiva (edited 09-28-2001).]

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-"in too deep" by sum41
-"my friend's over you" by NFG
-"lifestyles of the rich and the famous" by good charlotte
-"me and julio down by the schoolyard" by paul simon
-"leaving town" by dexter freebish
-"envy" by ash
-"fall into me" by emerson drive
-"i should be sleepin" by emerson drive
-"get free" by the vines
-"h to the izzo" by jay-z (the beat)
-"hey ma" by cam'ron (beat)
-"kodachrome" by paul simon
-"objection (tango)" by shakira
actually, anything by shakira
-"somebody like you" by keith urban
-"summer of '69" by mxpx
-"last night" by the strokes
-"buddy holly" by weezer
-"starlight" by weezer
-"keep fishin'" by weezer
umm, anything by weezer

damn, no wonder my dad yells at me so often for having os many songs...

------------------
"Never deprive someone of hope — it may be all they have." -unknown

"The most beautiful things in the world can not be seen with the eyes, but only with the human heart." -Hellen Keller

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-19-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my cheer me up songs:
Dude looks like a Lady-Aerosmith
Walk This Way-Aerosmith
Sweet Emotion-Aerosmith
Love In An Elevator-Aerosmith
Crazy-Aerosmith
Falling in Love-Aerosmith
Pink-Aerosmith
Girls of Summer-Aerosmith
Jaded-Aerosmith
Just Push Play-Aerosmith
Can we tell im a big Aerosmith fan?
also:
Life styles of the rich and the famous-Good Charlotte
Anthem-Good Charlotte
Do your thing-NSYNC

thats my cheer me up list

------------------
The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open - Steven Tyler

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.