Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What songs make you cry? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What songs make you cry?
LoveWithoutLimits1987
Neophyte
Member # 16606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveWithoutLimits1987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by Staind makes me cry because it takes me back to times where that was the only music that got me through the day....and the new song "Fallen" by Sarah McLachlan. OMG I'm IN LOVE with that one. It's so beautiful just the way she sings it.
Posts: 6 | From: Alton, IL | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoshDarnit
Neophyte
Member # 16638

Icon 9 posted      Profile for GoshDarnit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Superman (it's not easy)- 5 for fighting
Porcelain - Red Hot Chili Peppers
On a Plain - Nirvana

------------------
*Rock On*

Posts: 2 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldnt resist this one...especially since music plays a very large role in my life and getting through every day!

Songs I cry or get sad when i hear:

Butterfly Kisses and Christmas Shoes
Holes in the Floor of Heaven
(Those are all country songs and i dont remember who sings them)

Zoe Jane-Staind
She Talks to Angels- The Black Crowes
The Living Years- Mike and the Mechanics (Yeah 80's!!)
Angels Son- Sevendust
Lightening Crashes- Live
Patience and November Rain- Guns N Roses
Shimmer-Fuel (eventhough its SO overplayed...)
Because of You- Celine dion

And of course...
Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton

There are so many other songs that make me cry... and you can really see my wide array of musical choices...lol But hey, i love music and everything about it!

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
applet_jacks
Activist
Member # 10256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for applet_jacks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that Bob Carlisle, a Christian Writer and performer, did Butterfly Kisses.

--And I just Googled him and it says he did Christmas Shoes too.

[This message has been edited by applet_jacks (edited 02-18-2004).]

Posts: 47 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I knew one artist did both of those songs thats why they're grouped together...but I couldnt for the life of me remember the mans name! haha, thanks for finding it!
Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilith86
Neophyte
Member # 11258

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lilith86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

"Take on Me"-aHa
"Again I go Unnotcied"-DashboardConfessional
"I Want You"-Bob Dylan
"Here Comes a Regular"-The Replacements
"Feeling This"-Blink 182
"Good Woman"-Cat Power
"Something Vague"-Bright Eyes
"Green Eyes"-Husker Du
"My Veloria"-The Pixies

These songs just kinda poke at something in my heart...

Posts: 16 | From: mpls | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernDawl
Neophyte
Member # 10492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernDawl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song that recently started making me cry is My Immortal by evanescence. I loved the song but a couple days ago one of my really close friend's Friend died ( i barely knew him)... he was 14, And she told me when she found out that song was on and she cried herself to sleep the next morning she woke up to that song and the next day she was talking to him wondering if he was alright and she was saying give me a sign and that song came on. So now every time i hear it i get all upset and get this creepy vibe ... makes me sad
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Anna Begins- Counting Crows
@Long December- Counting Crows
@seven spanish angels- Ray Charles

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Angels working overtime" deena carter
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forever by. r kelly
my immortal by evanessance
These two songs are spectacular the explain life and everlasting love they send chills up and down my spine!!

Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lithium
Neophyte
Member # 17238

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lithium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"here without you" i think 3 doors down. And led zepplin "stairway to heaven" were my friend's fav. songs before he died (march 1, 2004) They played them at his funeral

also, "my immortal" by evanescence, and a lot of nirvana songs make me cry.

I'm really depressed now.

[This message has been edited by lithium (edited 03-16-2004).]

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RagDollie524
Neophyte
Member # 17361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RagDollie524     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...
John Lennon, "Mother" and "Working Class Hero"
The Smiths, "Asleep"
The Doors, "The End"

------------------
No made to measure baby
One size does not fit all
I will not be the one
You make to take the fall

Posts: 3 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anamiasongbird
Neophyte
Member # 17314

Icon 9 posted      Profile for anamiasongbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Girl it's over" By Jagged Edge...oh man I could cry forever with that song.

There are others...but I can't think of the names right now...

------------------
Love always,
~*KeLLe*~
xoxo

Posts: 8 | From: Lake City, MI, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThirdWatchQueen31
Neophyte
Member # 17285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThirdWatchQueen31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 9-11 remix of Heaven by DJ Sammy

Everytime I hear it, it jus hits me. I live in Brooklyn n my uncle nyc was a firefighter - so i was greatly impacted by 9-11

Posts: 21 | From: Brooklyn, New York Baby!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T.I.Boy
Neophyte
Member # 17554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T.I.Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
music on lifes like Nappy roots "sick and tired" make me cry you know music on how the lifes are and how we are killing our selfs we arnt being right not like the good od days where some one took your corn bread youd make some more not beat the hell out of them you know like its stuff on how they got up to that level and how they went through all that ridicule how they where spit on how they was still stanin up and getin on like Jay-z said brush that dirt off ya shoulders

------------------
From the halls of montizuma to the shoors of tripoli we fight our contrys battle in the air on land and sea first to fight for right freedom and to keep our honor clean we are proude ot clame the tile of untes staes marines!

Posts: 3 | From: Dunno,maryland,the USofA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T.I.Boy, you need to edit your profile to remove both the referral link, and the reference to putting 'bullits' in people's heads. You also need to start using punctuation, and you need to avoid glorifying violence, especially on a site where the military really has nothing to do with anything.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetypie07
Neophyte
Member # 16084

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sweetypie07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

iris- goo goo dolls
Time of your life- greenday
Yellow- Coldplay
Lullabye- Shawn Mullins

Posts: 2 | From: Amsterdam, NY, 12010 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd it's mine and Dusty's song/.
Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 14 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journey open arms
Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Song Number 9 on Dierks Bently Mud on the Tire's CD. It's not to popular havn't heard it on the radio but I own the C.D.
Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassika
Neophyte
Member # 17767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassika     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i'm sad any song will make me cry well if they are sad songs they will.
Ummmm Boys 2 Men (Dreams) All 3 One (I Swear)..
If you girls get a chance download them songs they are so sad but really good I love them both.
I really Am In "Love" Wit "Love" Songs...

------------------
cassa

Posts: 21 | From: Canberra | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CorsetFetish
Activist
Member # 14592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CorsetFetish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Can't Hide Beautiful- Aaron Lines

I Love You This Much- Jimmy Wayne

You'll Be in My Heart- Usher

Arms of an Angel- Sarah MacLachlan

I'm Already There- Lonestar

Let's Be Us Again- Lonestar

Not a Day Goes By- Lonestar

My Front Porch Lookin' In- Lonestar

How Did I Fall in Love With You?- BSB

I'm OK- Christina Aguilera

Walk a Little Straighter- Billy Currington

The Story of Beauty- Destiny's Child

Tourniquet- Evanescence

Understanding- Evanescence

How Could Anyone- Shania Noll

OK... just stopping now...

~Corset~

Posts: 65 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meep
Neophyte
Member # 17926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enya's "Only Time",
Sting's "Desert Rose",
Hootie and the Blowfish's "Goodbye Girl",
and about all the music from the movie "K-PAX"

All have somewhat achey memories to correspond, its not the song per se (Though they ARE touching..)

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mathsux
Neophyte
Member # 18130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mathsux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Untitled by sigur ros is the most beautiful song ever written. it has almost no vocals, and i cry every time. you guys should all check it out.its really long (almost 8 min) but its so beautiful if u just wait and stick it out. it also has an AMAZING video, but hardly any play. It has children dancing in ashes because the world is so polluted.

Also, the song Amsterdam by Coldplay is very good. the band has great lyrics and good tunes.

Iris by the goo goo dolls is another great one.
So if u guys are into good slowish songs with good lyrics, get these. \m/

Posts: 8 | From: canda | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
requiem
Neophyte
Member # 14696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for requiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Asleep" by The Smiths, as well as "I Want The One I Can't Have", and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Poor, poor Moz.

"Mad World" by Michael Andrews. Really beautiful and haunting.

"Wonderwall" by Ryan Adams. The best cover song, ever.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, "A Sorta Fairytale" by Tori Amos makes me cry, probably because of me not being able to see my bf for upwards of 9 months and that I might have to make the sacrifice of letting him go if he decides he isn't satisfied with our relationship while he's off in anther country. I think that's the hardest thing in a relationship - loving someone enough to let them go if they're not happy.
Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molly_Macabre
Neophyte
Member # 18137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molly_Macabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, I've always been a sensitive kid, some of these no longer make me cry, but still

Puff the Magic Dragon (I still dont say it's about reefers. > ))
Pearl Jam- That one song that goes "Where oh where can my baby be.." Ugh god!
"Yestarday" Paul's voice is so pretty and sad.
"Eleanore Rigby" All the poor lonley people.
Pretty much the whole "The Last Unicorn" soundtrack.
"Imagine" one of those songs where you just sit and listen to it over and over and be sad.
Recently ever since me BEST friend Jasmine moved away, I've been huddled under blankets alot and listening to crosby still nash and young.

God I get too emtional. O_____________O

[This message has been edited by Molly_Macabre (edited 05-15-2004).]

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by requiem:
"Asleep" by The Smiths, as well as "I Want The One I Can't Have", and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" Poor, poor Moz.

Yeah, he's got it pretty bad, doesn't he? Try listening to "Back to the Old House" and feel the pain!

Also, "Mad World" was originally a Tears for Fears song. It's interesting how different a vibe one gets from listening to that version as opposed to Andrews' cover. The Tears for Fears one was more a biting critique, while the Mike Andrews version is more mournful. It's a pretty neat contrast.

------------------
BruinDan, "Code Four, Baby," PHOM

¡Siendo padrote no es cil!

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeangenie
Activist
Member # 16168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeangenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the Time- Bob Dylan
Hurt- Johnny Cash (for some reason, sadder than trent reznor)
Pretty Girls Make Graves-The Smiths (memories)
Goddbye Pork Pie Hat- Charles Mingus
Cup of Coffee- Garbage
Angeline- PJ Harvey
Where the Wild Roses Grow- Leonard Cohen
Something in the Air- David Bowie

Posts: 53 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ole-girl
Neophyte
Member # 14373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ole-girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There aren't many things that can make me cry but there are a few songs that can get me teary eyed.

"Last Kiss"- remake by Pearl Jam (don't remember original artist)

"Butterfly Kisses"- Bob Carlisle

"Amazed"- Lonestar

"The Time of My life"- Mark Schultz

"Just to be the Next to be With You"- Mr Big

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"- Isreal Kamamawiwo'ole

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

I forgot about this one

Concrete Angel, by Martina McBride

It's on her greatest hits c.d. previousley un-released, I heard it the first time on yahoo, watching the music video to it. It's sad.

alexa
Neophyte
Member # 13954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tears in Heaven" ~ Eric Claption
:: This was the first song I heard after my first pet, my bunny named Peanut, died!! lol awww, I was 8!!!

"I will Remember You" Columbine Style ~ Sarah McLachlan + the classmates of the kids who died at Columbine. (I think it's the classmates, anyway)
:: This is sad for obvious reasons!!

Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelMel15
Neophyte
Member # 17004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelMel15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kate Bush (I think that's the name... not positive) - "This Woman's Work" -- Not completely sure why. I downloaded it because it was in my favorite TV show (Alias) and something about it just brought tears to my eyes.

Evanescence - "My Immortal" -- Just the first few times I listened to it, and times when I'm particularly emotional.

Posts: 9 | From: California, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Falling4Him
Neophyte
Member # 17867

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Falling4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who will i run to - kiley dean
i showed her (i think thats the name of the song- o town

I think it has to do with if the song relates to a sad time in your life, thats what makes it sad. Also if the lyrics trigger a emotion that you know you've felt before.

------------------
"Fall in love.. Id rather fall in CHOCOLATE"

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evanescence- My Immortal
Evanescence- Tourniquet
Evanescence- Hello
Sarah McLachlan- Angel
Sarah McLachlan- I Will Remember You
Green Day- Time Of Your Life
Blink 182- You F***ed Up My Life
Blink 182- It's Not Right
Travis Tritt- Tell Me I Was Dreaming
3 Doors Down- Here Without You
3 Doors Down- When I'm Gone
Guns N Roses- November Rain
Christina Aguilera- I'm OK

Those are all really sad songs. I listen to those all the time when I'm sad or depressed.

------------------
*^AsHLeY^*

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.