Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What movie(s) make you cry every time you watch them? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What movie(s) make you cry every time you watch them?
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A film that gets me every time is "Steel Magnolias" - I *love* that movie! For any of you that haven't seen it, it's from 1989 and stars Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis, and Shirley MacLaine.

So what movies move you to tears every time you see them?

------------------
Always remember: curiosity killed the cat:)

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say this is embarrassing, but I cry in almost every movie I see. I don't like Sci-Fi, Action, that kind of movies, so I don't usually watch them... but those movies I get to watch, even if they are supposed to be comedies, they always have something that touches my heart and at least one tear will fall from my eyes Usually that's what happens, but there were times in which I'd cry like a baby, can't remember with wich movies that happened though The last movie I saw was "Memento", and I cried with that too

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steel magnolias makes me cry too, plus it hits kinda close to home because i have diabetes.

Untamed heart always makes me cry, and what dreams may come. Most of the corny ones do though.

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedchick
Neophyte
Member # 4785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confusedchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i cried everytime i watched that movie, because like shelbys little boy, i lost my mom when i was about 2, also. so it always reminds me of it.

------------------
amanda

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sex-specific. Moving to All About You.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only ever seen one film that has made me cry - and that's Leon. I know it's not supposed to be a sad film, but the end of the film (for those who haven't seen it, Leon is an assasin who takes in a girl whose family were killed by cops, and has to sacrifice his life to save her) is so moving that I can't help myself. But it is a fantastic film
Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say "Here On Earth".

------------------
'Cause I'm just a girl, little ol' me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights
Oh... I've had it up to here!

~*Shanna*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetBeyond
Activist
Member # 3250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetBeyond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American Beauty. It's such a passionate movie, inspires me to live life to its fullest and teaches me to admire the things around me.
Posts: 63 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh - I just thought of two other movies that make me cry: yet another Julia Roberts film, Stepmom, and Mr. Holland's Opus starring Richard Dreyfuss.

------------------

Posts: 109 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SmackDownDiva:
yet another Julia Roberts film, Stepmom

oh my I bawled during that movie. I cry at the oddest movies. I cried at aw jeez whats it called....Bicentennial Man. with Robin Williams. I CRIED AT A ROBIN WILLIAMS MOVIE!! lol. When I want to cry I watch Stepmom something about how they all love eachother in the end just totally sends me into tears. Well just name a movie, I probably cried.

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SweetBeyond:
American Beauty. It's such a passionate movie, inspires me to live life to its fullest and teaches me to admire the things around me.

It's funny.. a lot of people think that this movie is negative. I see it the way you do. It also makes me cry. That plastic bag scene always gets me.

Another movie I ALWAYS cry when I watch is "My Girl" ... & of course the one and only (hah) "Titanic"

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lilnerd - I totally forgot about "My Girl"! I'm so glad you mentioned it...now I'm going to have to go out and buy it somewhere

Has anyone seen "My Girl 2"? I haven't, but I want to know if it's as good as the first one.

------------------

lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen MG2... certainly doesn't compare to the first, but it's cute. Very cute. Worth a rental, although I do find it on cable TV once in a while.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't cry when I watch movies usally, but if I do thats how you know its a good movie.

I watched "The Green Mile" last night and I was crying like a baby through the whole movie. It was just so sad. That was an awsome movie. The best written one I have ever seen.

That is the only movie I have ever seen that has made me cry...and i was bawling. Good movie...suggegest it highly to anyone.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Far And Away" starring Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman (during happier times - obviously)...

It doesn't make me cry, but I think it's a good movie

Oh, and about "The Green Mile" - I attempted to watch it one time, but me and my guy got a little preoccupied *wink* I suppose I'll get around to watching it one of these days.

------------------

Eve_iLL
Neophyte
Member # 4790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve_iLL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only movie that can consistantly make me cry is 'Garfield's 9 Lives' which is the best movie/cartoon ever, and also very sad.

------------------
Not Unusual

Posts: 20 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I cry in a movie it is a big deal because I have always been kind of afraid when it happens, I don't like to cry (I see most of my movies in the theatre because my father and I go to a lot of movies together, so I don't like to cry in the theatre...heh.) so I remember it when it happens.

Some that were already mentioned that I concur on:
*Far and Away
*What Dreams May Come (all throughout...that movie is a total roller-coaster and I could NEVER see it alone)
*Mr. Holland's Opus (ESPECIALLY when "Mr. Holland" is singing about his son...)
*My Girl (Ahh, flashbacks)
*Stepmom

Some new ones for the list:

*Philadelphia (hits VERY close to home...)
*The Family Man (a recent one with Nicholas Cage I believe...just came out on video)
*Field of Dreams (That was the first time I ever cried in a theatre...)
*While You Were Sleeping (that was more of an "awww" cry than a really serious gut-wrenching cry, though)
*Shawshank Redemption (GREAT movie.)
*The Hurricane

Edited because I knew I'd forgotten one and I remembered it right after I posted...

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

[This message has been edited by rambler (edited 08-05-2001).]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry in a lot of movies the first time I see them, but after that... It's not big deal. I would have to say that I ALWAYS cry in "My Girl" and "The Horse Whisperer."

I've never seen "Steel Magnolias." I think I might have to watch that one with a box of tissues.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Quite embarrassing, but I cry over every movie!!!!! It seems like I've cried over every movie made just about. My mom and sister and fiance make fun of me for crying over every movie I watch. I even cry on certain talk shows! But the movie that I always cry over is my favorite movie ever, "Save The Last Dance". Best movie guys!Go rent it!

Sincerely,
Amanda

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very few movies make me cry, but it's pretty much always when someone nice in the movie dies.

Like Armageddon, American Beauty, Perfect Storm.

Those are the only ones I can remember for the moment, but I guess they're the only ones that bring tears to me.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbabydollz182
Neophyte
Member # 5114

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sbabydollz182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry to alot of movies...

Armagedon
My girl
Family Man (only becuz I was sad about my ex and it made me think of what if we were still together)
Titanic
Sweet November

and i cant think of alot right now cuz Im tired lolz

------------------
Stephanie

Posts: 4 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl18
Neophyte
Member # 4857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-armageddon
-forrest gump
-cruel intentions

------------------
i have a crush on you

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

oooh...I wanna see "Save The Last Dance" sooooo bad!!
broken_wishbone
Activist
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broken_wishbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can honestly say I have never cried at a movie. A lot of movies have made me whimpery, but none have made me cry. My sister says I have no heart. It's probably just that I have a really short attention span, and movies that are meant to be sad always bore me. When I saw Titanic in the theatre, I could not sit still by the end of the first hour, and spent the rest of the time cracking jokes to keep myself entertained. By the time the movie was over, all chances of crying were shot. I'm positive if that were happening in real life and I didn't have to sit through all the lovey-dovey crud, I would have cried. Call me heartless if you will, but I say I have a wandering mind. P.S. I've seen American Beauty, and although that movie moved me greatly, I didn't cry. My dad was bawling, but I just sat in silence, trying to take in the wonder I had just seen. Thought I might add that.

------------------
I panic and hold on tighter, but that makes it worse.
How am I supposed to take it when she says, "This is something I'm going through; it's got nothing to do with you"?

[This message has been edited by broken_wishbone (edited 09-20-2001).]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xJudy
Neophyte
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xJudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few that have already been mentioned... What Dreams May Come, Steel Magnolias, and Step Mom (my mom died, too, those movies really get to me ) but also Fried Green Tomatoes, and The Joy Luck Club and DAncer in the Dark... soooo sad! Ahhhh chick flicks get me every time!

------------------
Judy & baby Eska

Posts: 23 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Now that I think of it, Armageddon made me teary-eyed at least...I don't think I was at the point of crying, but I was close to it. That was a great movie...I didn't particularly care for the part when they were up in space b/c it was a tad bit confusing for me, but the part where Liv Tyler's character was touching the TV screen when her father was talking was soooo moving.
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Crow especially the version with the last ever interview with brandon lee at the start, when he is talking about what would happen if he dies the next day - almost like he knew and how you have to live life for athe moment. and the dead poet's society - truly a genius creation!

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
definitly it would have to be , Dancer In the Dark with Bjork

------------------
kiss and kill me sweetly...

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steel Magnolias, Driving Miss Daisy, Dead Poets Society, City of Angels, Guarding Tess (it always gets to me when they dig her out of the hole)...oh, and there was another one I was just thinking of, but I can't remember now...

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of all the movies I have seen, My Girl always makes me cry. No matter where I am, who I'm with, what time of day it is, I always have tears in my eyes during that movie. awww... *sigh*

take care!

------------------
(heart) always, sarah boo

*Memories are the best souvenirs.*
*Real loss only occurs when you lose something that you love more than yourself.*
*I need to know if you were real, I'd hate to think that I've been fooled again*
*I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.*
*I cry because I know he doesn't feel the way I do. I cry because I think of how pathetic I am. And I cry because I think I'll be crying forever.*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is crazy but......."Come
home, Snoopy" it's has been the only one ever! Only the part when Snoopy leaves and Charlie Brown cries. I should go wtch now to c if it has da same effect on me.

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseyoX
Neophyte
Member # 4410

Icon 9 posted      Profile for XoRoseyoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would also havr to say Here on earth b/c josh harnett reminds me of my old boyfriend b/c i just left him for another guys just like that w/out any nitice or anything so its kinda sad b/c i still miss him a little

Posts: 23 | From: Indian trail,Nc,US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this mentioned a couple of times so i thought i'd put it in too. Dancer in the dark, i just watched it this weekend, and i loved it so much, but i had the worst headache because i cried for the last 45 minutes, from when she lost her job to the end. It was soooo good though.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Lorax.

It's so sad to listen to the Once-ler talk about just trashing the Truffula trees by biggering and biggering... and when all the hummingfish and swomi-swans leave...

eesh, I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this...

------------------
-- Sapphire Cat

Condense soup, not books!

I don't use the term "straight". It implies its opposite is "crooked".

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmackDownDiva
Activist
Member # 4757

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SmackDownDiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm so glad someone mentioned 'Dead Poet's Society' - I looooooove that movie! I remember watching it in the 8th grade (man, that was quite a few years ago already...wow) and it was so sad when the one kid (I don't remember his name) committed suicide...That reminds me - I have GOT to go rent that some time
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.