Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Question for everyone, about highschool.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question for everyone, about highschool....
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is, this is my first year at high school and I like it alot more than grade and middle school. I get to see my crush everyday...hes a year and grade older and higher than I am so this is the first year I get to.

I am from Michagan too. what city are you from.

------------------
~dont underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers~

~Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and binds the world togther~

I'm ~You*Know*Who~ and I am a redneck. Anyone for mud?

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollerangel1
Neophyte
Member # 1562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollerangel1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lucky. I just want you to know that I was exactly like you. I was the cool, quiet girl in middle school. I also had a lot of friends and everyone liked me. I, like you, was looking very forward to high school (I am now a freshman in college) because I wanted to be a completely different person. I wanted to be the life of the party. The one always making everyone laugh. I soon learned, however, that I can only be myself. I was never truly happy with myself in high school until I accepted this truth. Now I can honestly say that I had a great time in high school because I met a lot of cool people and still stayed true to myself by not letting other people dictate how I lived my life. Hang in there girl. It does get better.
QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucky1402:
I was just curious, but do things get better in highschool? See, I'm 14 and going into highschool, but all through junior-high I was kinda shy. I had alot of friends though, it's not like no one ever talked to me. But I have a bunch of friends in highschool already, and I was just wondering if in highschool things got more active, and you made new friends, or even a boyfriend or two? I just don't want this year to turn out boring like the last two years. Can anyone give me some input? Thankz, it would help alot!

[/QUOTE]

------------------
Rollerangel*

Posts: 4 | From: Atlanta, GA 30313 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmakusaShiroTokisada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually high school sucks. I've been to those lame clubs. I thought the chess club had people who actually knows how to think but guess I was wrong. The best time to make friends was during lunch, cause you won't get in trouble for talking.

Wait till you get to college then things really get out of hand. I had to dash down 5 blocks to my next class. Hell I got in trouble for helping an old lady across the street. Yes it was true. I ended up late and the prof was giving me this crap.

------------------
Anyone who dares to block my path shall die! Step aside, step aside!!!
*swings blade at the idiot that block my path*

Posts: 26 | From: Kirby's Dreamland, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, pink lemonade and lucky, where in Michagan are all yall from? I am from west michagan. Just wondered. It'de be cool if I knew you guys. And theres like, only 1 high school in the city i live in so I'de go to school with you guys.(I am still not gonna write my city in yet because I have stuff on my crush and that would be soooo not good.)

If you guys want you can e-mail me (anyone can if they want)My crush dosen't know my e-mail or that I even have one so I'll tell you on there my city. It is:

crazy_redneck_chick@hotmail.com

------------------
~dont underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers~

~Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and binds the world togther~

I'm ~You*Know*Who~ and I am a redneck. Anyone for mud?

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 09 October 2000).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martin
Neophyte
Member # 1495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anywhere where you're in new surroundings with new people, none of whom know each other to begin with can be a good thing. I was a the same school from age 11 to 17 (don't ask me to explain the Scottish education system, I'll only confuse you), and it wasn't great. A lot of the people weren't worth knowing. And I was too shy to go out and make new friends elsewhere.

Three weeks ago, I started university. I spent the first few days hanging around with people from school, but now I've met hundreds of really cool people, learnt then forgotten hundreds of names, and made a few friends in my classes, too. I've already joined the student TV station, which means I've got things to do every Thursday night, and this evening I'm going along to the mountaineering society's meeting - which is as much social as it is sporty.

I realise that not all this appies to high school, but when you get there, don't worry 'bout it. Make new friends as soon as you can, it's a lot easier when people haven't made their own wee groups yet.

Oh yes, and if you don't like it, remember you aren't stuck there forever. It may not be pleasant, but there's always an opportunity for it to get better just around the corner.

Enjoy yourself. As my dad always says, "you're a long time dead."

(hm, I think I may make that my sig )

Posts: 7 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanzAngel2002
Neophyte
Member # 1112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanzAngel2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love high school . I am a Junior right now & my freshmen and sophmore year were the BEST!!! U get 2 meet new people, U can get in a lot of different activities (I was a cheerleader my freshmen year & on a dance team my sophmore year), & there are older guys !!! What is not 2 love? U do have a lot of homework, I will admit that, but if U manage your time right U can do what U want. I have a job right now & have 2 deal w/ 2 AP classes & I can still have time for my friends. So just manage your time and U will have a blast in high school. I used 2 be shy in middle school (or jr. high) but I am totally the opposite now.
Posts: 4 | From: Cedar Park, Tx, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Short&Sweet813
Neophyte
Member # 1777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Short&Sweet813     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things definitely get better in high school. I felt the same way you do when I started high school. Junior high totally sucked for me, but then when I became a freshman, things got so much better. I got more freedom!!! The higher up you get in rank in high school, the better it is. I'm a junior right now, and its such a blast! You're the older kids, and you can finally start to boss the little freshmen around. Just wait, high school will be the best time you ever have!
Posts: 33 | From: Niagara Falls, New York | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doozed
Neophyte
Member # 1715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doozed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am in my freshmen year right now
I like it alot better than middle school
first of all i am finally in the same school as my frined that i like,
I just like it a lot better
There is more stuff you can do!

Posts: 21 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes~ it gets better, highschool is something you will remember FOREVER, these are the best years of your life, plus you get to do things you couldnt in middle school, Varsity football games, PROM, HOMECOMING, its so much fun, the work isnt fun all the time but oh wells. You dont have to be so worried. Just go with the flow baby!!!!

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember if I made a post to this or not, so I'll just do it again.

I'm only 14 too. High school has really sucked so far. I'm not a "social butterfly" so I don't have a lot of friends. It also doesn't help that I just don't care about anything.

I just want to get my degree, get myslef into a good college, and get out. I like going to some of the dances though. The ones that I can invite my boyfriend are fun.

I say, if you want it to be fun, it will. Good luck.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots. com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After four years at a school where most people are well-meaning, but the most important thing is what the football team scored (either sense of the word) and how much Tommy Hilfiger you can get into one outfit, I've found something better. I despised school, for various reasons, and found that music and drama were pretty well essential for getting through it. I'm at a technical school now, taking courses in baking, cooking and hospitality, have realised that what I'm doing actually has a real, practical application, and feel so much more worthwhile. The people here tend to be more openly friendly, the teachers will respect you if you respect them, and we get a lot more explanation on why we're doing what we're doing. Academically, what we take is very simple, maybe overly so, but on the whole, I'm really glad that I've chosen to do this.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Old Navy Luvr 4 Ever
Neophyte
Member # 1845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old Navy Luvr 4 Ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think high school is sooo much better than middle school. No one cares any more about teasing people and like making fun of people for being loners, etc. I now tell all the people i know who are in middle school that it only gets better. And it really truely does! High school rocks
Posts: 5 | From: california,usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zootie
Neophyte
Member # 1849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zootie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Sigh* Ah, Highschool the boys the popularity ::wakes up:: Oh, wait, that was someone elses life. Its amazing how people view the institution of highschool. For me it was some of the greatest and worst times. I was labeled a loser from the start an intellegent female with no affliation with sports of any kind. To make it that much worse I found marching band and dived in with a zeal that branded me as a paraiah for the next three years. However some of my best friends I made in highschool and keep in touch with them now several years later. I would say to those fresh faced to highschool, to go in with eyes open and not be hurt if they are not the most popular or the most beautiful. And I would say those who may are now cynical from highschool, that highschool is not the end, it never has been, its only the beggining. Funny enough I never dated in highschool, and was ditched for my senior Prom by not one but *two* guys, but litteraly the week I graduated and moved away from my school I met and dated my best friend and within the year I met my future husband. Lifes funny that way.

------------------
Why do they call them Apartments if they are all stuck together?

Posts: 10 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarvesterOfSorrow
Neophyte
Member # 1741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarvesterOfSorrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in grade 13 (No, I didn't fail, in Ontario, there are 13 grades) and I've enjoyed high-school. There are a number of things that are better about it.

First off, independence. In middle school, they cared if you didn't hand in an assignment. In the higher grades in high school, they'll stop caring. In middle school, we weren't allowed off school property at lunch. In high school, you can go to London England for a bite with the Queen, as long as you're back within the hour

Another thing with freedom is the ability to choose your courses. Oh, how sweet it is. You can specialize as much as you want - take the courses YOU want to take. That's a big plus.

Another thing about high school is the idea that it really is another level of education. You're moving up the ladder and getting ready for the rest of your life. You will decide what you want to do with the next ~40 years in high school (or at least you should )

This last year has been a big change for me. I've decided that I want to go into Tool and Die making because that's what I love doing. For the last couple years I got to play in a machine shop at school. Best time I've ever had. It really is a step up from middle school.

As for your personal/social life, that's pretty much up to you. I'm in a school along with 2100 other students. I see new faces EVERY SINGLE day. If you want to hang out with one or two people, you can. If you want to hang out with more, that's OK to.

In middle school, we went to different classes, but always with the same people. Now, I go to each class with all different people. That means you become exposed to a lot more people, including those of the opposite sex

It's a cool time. Enjoy your early high school years. It gets harder and faster as time passes. I don't know what happened to last year, it went so fast.

Oh, and the sports are really cool. I played rugby and football in high school. I will never forget the day we won the city football championships. Truly great memories.

Harvester of Sorrow

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlin
Neophyte
Member # 871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as my experience goes so far, high school is GREAT!! I have only met one rude person and even the upper classmen are nice!!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANNEN
Neophyte
Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANNEN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what can I say?? I think highschool is great. I feel like I have more freedom now that I'm in highschool, but I guess that's also a part of growing up. I'm 14 (soon to be 15) and a sophomore. Personally, I thought that my freshman was great. I had a great social life and did really really awesome in my classes (I didn't have to take my finals b/c even when I failed them I still had an A for the final grade). I joined a lot of clubs and stuff. I guess I am also having a good time in highschool because i really know who my friends are now. In middle school I guess I didn't really have a group of friends. Don't limit yourself though. Get to know different types of people because it's nice to have different types of friends. I have a few different circles of friends and it's great although a little difficult to get together with all of them at once. And of course having my first boyfriend (still going strong) contributed to a great experience. This year isn't as great because of my classes. But just have fun and stuff. Enjoy yourself and don't be narrow-minded when it comes to trying new things. You never know what you may like. Well, I hope that your experience turns out to be good. Have fun, but behave.

------------------
**A person has an imagination when they own wings but no feet**

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.