Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Superpowers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superpowers
morphos
Neophyte
Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morphos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you could have any superpower( and I mean any), which one would it be?

I think I'd go for being able to make multiples of myself. That way, you'd always have another person to do whatever you want. You could play a pick up basketball game with yourself.

------------------
Can you fly this plane and land it?
Surely you can't be serious.
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Posts: 37 | From: Massachussetts/Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this qould qualify as a superpower, but I'd love to be able to go back in time. I'm the kind of person who won't say/do something because I'm afraid of how another person would react to it. But if I had this "superpower", then I'd be able to see how they'd react. If it was nagative, then ***BAM***, go back in time and do it over

You let me run...how'd you expect me to feel?,
Veronica

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the combination of being invisible and time travelling would be really cool. I'd love to be able to go back and witness history first hand without disturbing anything with my presence. I also think that flying would be really really cool.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
poetnygirl took mine away!
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
telekinesis. anyone seen scanners? yeah, remotely being able to drive people mad would rock!!! whoo.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want to be able to read people's minds. I'm really really super nosy, and while I'm pretty observant (I freak people out by the things I'll know about them offhand, just because I keep track of all the little details) there's nothing liking being ablet o see into people's minds. But I'd want an anti-pixie scanner, so I could scan there thoughs, and if there was anything bad about me I wouldn't want to know. Okay I would, never mind.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would want to magically transport myself anywhere in the world with just the snap of my finger.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to have a boy version of me that I could make disappear and reappear.
I'd also like to make things move and make ppl say things and read peoples minds....

------------------
Bubbles' online thinking bubble....

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Neophyte
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
climb walls and be super agile infact like spidy man cause hes cool
Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crossing space and time. Think Beaming as in Star Trek.

Dannyboy, we'd do the same thing and head to the same continent, too, eh?

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shape shift into whatever you wanted to look like (person or object). That would be cool, and you could just change who you were to fit into any situation. (i'm sure psychologists would read something into that last sentence!)
Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like BruinDan's, hehehe. Hmm..superpowers...I think i'd like to fly. hahhaha, i just think it'd be kewl to be able to fly.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I'd love to be invisible, I'm going to have to go with teleportation. Traveling, even by plane, is just too long and boring. By the time you get there, you're so tired you could care less. And with half my friends being scattered around the country (and a few around the world), I could just pop in for a couple minutes and then be home again a few seconds later.
Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to be able to change ages. That is SO fun and SO practical. Want to get into an R rated movie? ZAP! Want to know what a wise old woman would thing of the situation? ZAP! Want someone to feed you from a baby bottle? ZAP!

Love,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, have you ever seen "what women want?" Those mind-reading powers are so dangerous!

I think I'd like to be able to stop time. I'd stop bombs from going off, triggers from being pulled, condoms from being broken or shrugged-off. I'd prevent alot of people from dying or from getting diseases or unintentionally pregnant.

Not to mention, I'd arrive places on time - I'd run while everyone else was frozen!

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zay
Neophyte
Member # 4484

Icon 2 posted      Profile for zay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear. Flying would be nice.. along with some variant on invincibility, invisibility, AND not having any need for sleep. I'd need a perfect sense of direction, too.. and I'd need ta be able to fly approximately 14628 km in one second or so. Yep yep..

~*Zay

------------------
"Oh my hero, so far away now.. will I ever see your smile?
Love goes away, like night into day.. it's just a fading dream.."
-aria de mezzo carattere

Posts: 10 | From: Wichita, KS | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a tie for me between teleportation and mind reading. Although mind reading does have it's downsides...

------------------
"I like man with rock in bum."
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover Cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 4607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover Cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be invisable...that would rule. Though flying would be kinda cool too!
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Teleportation, Profound Grasp of the Obvious, and the Amazing Scarleteen Ultrasound Eyes

------------------
A man is not an island.
...but if you take a bunch of dead guys and tie them together, they make a pretty good raft.

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 10 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I know!

I would want the power to grant wishes, any wishes at all. For myself, my friends. But I would want to keep my free will, so if someone asked an awful wish I wouldn't be obligated to grant it. I could have ever so much fun...

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to bring this up to the forefront, since in the past few days I had considered "eradication of evil" to be a pretty good one...

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clairvioyance, or the ability to see the future, or what the future will be if you don't change it. Obviously useful from a financial perspective, but perhaps it could be used to prevent things like last tuesday.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't decide between flying and being telepathic. But I don't want to communicate just by words telepathically, I'd like to be able to mentally send pictures, sounds, taste, smell, temperature, texture...maybe even emotions. I wonder if my ex boyfriend would have been so mean if he could experience what I was feeling.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
X-Ray vision, so I can see what people really look like and how their personality is before I meet them. If not that, then probably flying!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siouxsie
Activist
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siouxsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mind reading would rock pretty hard. but i think i am going to have to go with transmogrification (i think that is just calvin's word for it, never mind) or whatever it is called when you can shape shift, be a fly on the wall in any situation, rockin'! but the powers that batgirl has are pretty cool. though she was trained as an assasin and locked in a room when she was young with no light and no language so that she would become the most deadly assasin the world has ever known and only be able to speak and language of violence, she became a superhero working with batman (she is 100000000 times harder than him!) and learnt to talk. when she didn't have language she could read in a person't body lingo what movce they were going to try next. but when she learnt english she lost that ability and had to relearn it. i think it would be cool to be able to be a superhero that could read their oponent's moves before they even though of them themselves. i also think that it is sad that i read thses comice so i am going to go now!

------------------
One owes respect to the living. To the dead one owes only truth ~ the Crow

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.