Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » My friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My friend
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really worried about one of my best friends. He's got some problems, i'm not even sure exactly what. He's got anger management problems and i think he's depressed. He's really closed off from everyone and he's already lost 2 friends this year. I'm trying to be there for him as much as i can, but now we're all getting kind of scared of him. He's been confronted by one friend, which caused the end of their friendship. He says that as long as he has his little brother he'll be ok. I'm so worried about him and i don't know what to do or say to him. Does anyone have any advice or anything?

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda know what you're going through here, one of my best friends was almost the exact same way. My best advice would be to get him to some kind of counseling. If you or his other friends can't convince him of that (which is what it's sounding like) maybe you could talk to his brother. He seems to trust and love his brother, so maybe if he tried to get your friend some help he would accept. I don't think it's a very good idea to let this stuff go though, feelings like that generally just don't go away by themselves. Good luck

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we can't convince him to see counseling, we already know that. And it would be really nice if we could talk to his brother, but his brother is only 3, so he's not much help. We're really out of ideas, i'm starting to get scared he might to something drastic.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Someone please reply, i just found out today that in grade 8 he tried to kill himself twice. He won't get help, i just wanna be there for him, but it's getting really hard for me to do that.

------------------
-Miss Bif Naked

JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
isn't there a hotline here?
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.