Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Prayer for the Stressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prayer for the Stressed
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being as stressed as I am at the moment, I find humor in this.

quote:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courrage to change the things I cannot accept, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

And also, help me be careful of the toes I step on today as they may be connected to the feet I kiss tomorrow.

Help me always give 100% at work.....

12% on monday
23% on tuesday
40% on wednesday
20% on thursday
5% on friday

And help me to remember.....
When I am having a bad day and seems that people are trying to wind me up, It takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth!!!!!!!

Also, because I have such a crappy 'net provider, and can never seem to load pages correctly, this is cute too. Look closely.

------------------
"Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade." -Ben Franklin

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You sure know how to make a pixie smile

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the webpage, my browser does the same thing. That's hilarious. Dahahahaha. Okay, I'll stop with the maniacal laughter now.

MIT students put up a big poster making fun of the start button that said Crash next to the little flag. They also made a really funny menu for the Biohazard Cafe (since we're on the topic of silly things) that you can find here.

I'm such a biology nerd.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Soylent Green The people in the movie loved it, and so will you.

Haha! I've actually seen that movie! "It's people! Soylent Green is people!!!" Or something to that affect. Funny how the air was that bad, but people didn't need oxygen masks and were breathing just fine.

------------------
"Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade." -Ben Franklin

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.