Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » (Weird) situation making some uncomfortable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Weird) situation making some uncomfortable
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CrazyGirl, the queen of all situations that are odd. I play an online role playing game, and I play it with a tight knit group of people. Yeah, it's just pixels, but you have to trust each other to complete quests alive, and we have that. But one member is putting that in jepardy, and making several people uncomfortable. Most of the group's members are male, and there are only about three females, including myself. There are a lot of players that will create female characters just to gain what they can in the game. We suspect one of the other "females" of doing that. Except she is taking it too far. She has posted her real life picture several times, all of which vary in appearance. It's a big difference, not hard to miss. Some of the guys just chalk it up to her playing hard to get so to speak. She has "played" almost all the guys and got things from them, but hasn't given anything in return. She uses her sexuality to get her anything she can. But, one guy got mad and hacked her work computer (which I don't advocate because it's obviously illegal, but it was done nonetheless) and found that it belonged to a male. Several things come into play here. Gamer's ages range anywhere from 12 to 40, and her sexual comments are far from appropriate. Some guys are taking her offers, in game and in real life, seriously, but she backs out. And just a bunch of other stupid things. My question is this: How do I call her on it? My solution is if she keeps it up, our group should just ban her accounts from accessing our message boards, break allegiance from her character in game, and to add a little spice to the role playing part of the game, add her to our KOS list. (KOS = Kill on spot, when you are a player killer character) See how stupid this is? It's a game, but I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't "serious".

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i saw you write them a letter(snail mail) telling them you know what's up and that they can quit the game or let yall "quit it" for him
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say it sounds like you know what your'e doing. This person not only betrayed your trust, but they're doing and saying inappropriate things, which like you said, may be seen by young children. You don't know who this person is or what they could possibly do, so your best bet would be to just take her out of your allegiance and kick that crap out of her charatcter

Oh, and just wondering, I've always been into RPGing and a few friends of mine are really into it, and I've always wanted to get into it but I don't know how. Are there any universal websites out there?

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the addiction that is EverQuest. I know exacatabibly how you feel, just find out for sure and then tell the other people in the group. If I were you, I would take a chance and tell them s/he might be a guy, but if you want to be safe send a letter or email and ask the person about his/her gender first.

Oh, I used to be so addicted to that game. I miss it (my mom wouldn't let me play when my grades suffered--it was because I was depressed, not because of EverQuest which was actually like therapy).

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, the addiction that is EverQuest.

Puuuleeeeeze NeverQuest stinks Come play Asheron's Call

Pixie, I'm still quite new to MMORPG's myself. Right now I just play AC. I'm a complete addict! Check it out here (Turbine/Microsoft's official AC site) or here (where the game is hosted and actually played).

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

[This message has been edited by CrazyGirl (edited 06-18-2001).]

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morphos
Neophyte
Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morphos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play AC, but quit last summer, so I think I have a general idea what you're talking about. My advice would be talk to everyone in your group without that person being there and ask what they think. Tell them what you know and where you stand on the issue. If you do decide to kick out that member, it needs to be with everyone's consent.
Posts: 37 | From: Massachussetts/Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Yeah, the final decision isn't my own anyway, but I'm a direct to the monarch so he listens to what I have to say.

You quit last summer? Wow. A lot has changed since then! Bael'Zheron attacked! That was fun, especially when BZ discovered a bug in the system, and one shot Asheron. Whoops! It was cool though. BZ dropped a cow over Fort Teth, then he started dropping players over Teth.

And the BZ thing was a couple of months ago. Much has happened since then.

------------------

Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not NeverQuest, it's EverCrack, but oh well. I have my own issues with Asheron's call, bleckh. Soooo sorry I mistook the one for the other.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morphos
Neophyte
Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morphos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been keeping up with the story somewhat,
mainly just looking at all the pretty pictures at acvault. I'll tell you, it's very hard to leave the game. I stopped playing for a month and then went back. But eventually I quit cold turkey. Anyways, I used to never really play the game, I mainly caused trouble in the arwic mines (wish it hadn't exploded ) One of my friends and me used to get stuck in the same spot and have to call sentinels to teleport us out. What server did you play on?

Posts: 37 | From: Massachussetts/Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are there any free rpg's i could try out? i love to write and am a little interested in fantasy.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.