Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I'm gonna melt! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm gonna melt!
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 81 degrees here in Houston, Texas with 84% humidity, plus it's 11:30 at night so it's cooler than daytime...

But I'm used to it! In the summer it gets up in the extremely high 90s. I don't like it. I stay inside. 80 degree weather is heaven for us!

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in texas and today it got up to 102 and its only june....in marching season it will be like...ohhhh...105. eh well. i'll get over it.

------------------
later rox.
shorter signature, yes?

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheh, i find it humourous that the american weather measurments make absolutly no sense to me. It's not too bad here now, the weather is going from 15-25 and bouncing all around, but the rain stopped so it's all good.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheh, i find it humourous that the american weather measurments make absolutly no sense to me. It's not too bad here now, the weather is going from 15-25 and bouncing all around, but the rain stopped so it's all good.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha!

I wish I could give u all deep insights to how I deal with the good weather, but here I am in Ireland, where sadly, it is true that it is always, always raining!!

Its the middle of June and its raining outside my bedroom window right now!

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i strip.

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in good ol' southern Georgia. A few weeks ago, it got up to 106 F in the shade! At times like that, I either stay inside, or take a nice dip in the pool!

------------------
~Who live in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to agree with JenniLoo, for i too am a southern gal and summers down here are almost always very hot and sticky. yuck

i have lived here all my life and i still can't get used to the heat sometimes. around later April and early May, it is typical for the temperature to range anywhere between 85 to 97 degrees. and it just keeps climbing well into August and September!

i live in West Alabama now and it rained the past two days, so that provided some relief.

i am just thankful for air conditioning and swimming pools!

p.s. JenniLoo, i noticed you are from Savannah. i visited there a month ago and i love it. i want to move there someday!

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gloworm, Savannah is great, I've lived here for almost 14 years. Even though it gets hot around here, we have lots of historical sites and such. It's a great place to be a tourist...Especially around St. Patty's day!

------------------
~Who live in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 6 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, can i whine now?

europe has been hit by a heatwave: 36C (96,8F apparently) today, over 38C (100F) tomorrow... and no end in sight yet.

the last few nights haven't been lower than 24(75F), with no wind moving.
ack!

yesterday, i didn't mind the heat. was away in geneva, switzerland, and there was a nice constant cooling breeze from the lac lemain at all times (so much that i didn't feel that my shoulders and face were being fried when enjoying the view). but here, in town, there is no wind at all. just warmth, warmth, warmth.
did i mention that my face and shoulders feel terribly hot from the stupid sunburn, too?

and have i mentioned that my flat heats up really well, too, and that i don't have any air-con?

ack.

i'll hop to the pool tomorrow at 7am, before the sun is evil enough to hurt my poor sundamaged skin further. i just need to submerge my body in cool water....

any heatwaves anywhere else?

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska:
any heatwaves anywhere else?

Yep. I guess summertime is upon us...and I'm really not prepared for it at all. I left for work yesterday morning at about 7am, and it was already pushing 90* F. When all was said and done, my poor apartment sizzled at about 104. Not too bad really, but very early in the year. LA doesn't usually get the serious heat until July, and even that pales in comparison to what the end of August tends to bring.

Our big concern out here is lack of water. It has rained a grand total of four times in the past 16 months, and the hills have already gone brownish-yellow--which is something that usually doesn't happen until August. The joke is that if brush fires don't kill us, dehydration will...and they're not far off in their assessment.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
k
Neophyte
Member # 8724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for k     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winnipeg has the worst weather, it's either evilly hot or evilly cold.. but still, there are some days when it's so nice.....
Posts: 2 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Ack! I know how you feel, Alaska, about the sunburn...I have Irish-white skin, and if I even think about the sun, my skin starts to burn! All I can say about that is lots of sunscreen will do the trick, plus, it helps prevent skin cancer from all those nasty UV rays.

------------------
~Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

PixieDust
Activist
Member # 4003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PixieDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vegas is just one huge heat wave. It's a different kind of heat though (extremely dry). We can get relief by going in the shade. All the other places you have mentioned, besides pheonix, I'm sure have to have a considerable amount of humidity. I'd much rather take Vegas desert heat over sticky-can't-dry-off-after-a-shower heat.
Posts: 86 | From: Las Vegas, NV, United States | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.