Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » "Rejoice with me!"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Rejoice with me!"
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What excellent thing happened to you today/is going to happen soon?

37 days until O-Town! That'll keep me pretty happy up until then.

Everyone keep spreading the positive vibes!

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*I bought my plane tickets a few days ago to go to Boston, yay!
*In two days I get to go to the BGLT youth group
*We're reformatting our hardrive and adding more memory, so even though I had to delete over 200 MP3s, I'll get even more soon!
*Tomorrow I don't have to run, yay!
*Tomorrow I get to see a very good friend of mine that I haven't really talked to since school let out
*On the 29th an ex-boyfriend/former best friend is coming in town

Lotsa good stuff!

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

It's hard being a human being - Shirley Manson

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I get my very own car. I know very little about it, aside from the fact that it's a green Volvo.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today- i had a fruit n yogurt parfait (i love those things!
friday-i get to see ryan play in the band he's in! (it's a swing kind of band, he plays the bari sax!)
saturday- i get to see ryan again at his graduation party!
next saturday-my graduation party!
that wednesday-ryan and i and my best friend hannah and her ex but now good friend glenn are all going to cedar point and then staying the night at a motel 6! it'll be so much fun, that was my graduation present from my parents (i thought of it! )
YAY!
oh!i almost forgot! in july, BLINK 182 concert! and in august, the WARPED TOUR 2001!!! YES!! hehe
------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

[This message has been edited by star1120 (edited 06-12-2001).]

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
--I am volunteering for the first time at the library tomorrow.
--I get to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with my mom tonight.
--I finally have Adobe Photoshop working again so I'm overly artistic right now.
--Mr. Weihenmayer (my fifth grader English teacher) is on the cover of TIME Magazine.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*I saw crouching tiger hidden dragon yesterday. Good movie. Very good movie
Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zhang Ziyi kicks butt.

Am going for a huge pasta dinner with my lovely cousin tonight and am meeting my best girlfriends in the world later tonight.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my bestest friends called me tonight to catch up.

And I forgot that I was out to her about some things and she just casually brought them up and was cool with them.

The rest of the day wasn't so good, but that made up for it.

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a dear friend of mine is finally in the same time zone as me. i can't wait to call him up and chat! and i met Travis (again) today. oh, such adorable blokes.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
a dear friend of mine is finally in the same time zone as me. i can't wait to call him up and chat!

Hey, you talkin' about ME?

I'm rejoicing because I took the last final of my 4th year of college today...and I managed not to throw up, pass out, or suffer a brain hemmorhage while doing so! So I think that makes today a wonnnnnnnnderful day

------------------
"Unit 12, 12D, 16A, 18S; respond to the fight in progress, weapons used are hands and feet. Suspect 1 is a male white with no arms or legs..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdavid
Activist
Member # 3041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
umm...
This weekend -- go on a camping trip with a bunch of naked elves!
The 22nd -- go to a Douglas Adams memorial party at the Cage ($5 with towel, $8 without)! (how cool is that?)

4:00 -- No more work!

------------------
riot boy! smgeek.diaryland.com
(read all of my sordid secrets. well, not really.)

Posts: 47 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, tomorrow, I'm going for a job interviewish thing. I don't know if that's something to rejoice about, but if I get the job, it is. (Rizzo is thrifty, but needs more cash.)

Oh yeah, and yesterday I got to see this really cool singer perform at HMV. It was free, and I got to be like 5 metres away from her, and she smiled at me, and I understood her French! Haha, I'm such a ditz sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Rizzo (edited 06-13-2001).]

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-I straightened out my schedule for the fall semester. Big headache out of the way.
-I finally received my financial aid packet today, even though I submitted it back in February. With my scholarships and financial aid, I'll have extra money to put away. Yay!
-The senior get-together picnic is tomorrow. Hopefully alot of people will show up and I'll get to say goodbye to everyone.
-I pick up my diploma tomorrow.
-I have a very lazy summer to look forward too.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite the fact that over here we are caught in the grips of a very chilly winter, I have quite a few things to look forward to the next few weeks

* moving to Auckland (400ks north of where I am now, largest city in NZ) on the 23rd June
* moving in with my excruciatingly wonderful fiance, Simon
* having my own place again (with aforementioned Simon)
* looking for puppies
* perhaps spring will come early?
* starting to really plan and think about this whole wedding thing
* being able to wake up in the same city as my beloved!

Don't be suprised if I'm a very happy wee kiwi the next few weeks

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Finally - a week before the reunion happens - found out that I'll be driving up with my brother earlier than I had planned. Longer vacation for me!

*We didn't have water this morning, but I got surly with the water company, and it's slowly coming back on, and should be fully on by Evan's bath-time tonight. I rock like that.

------------------
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In less than 3 weeks- I'll be going to CA, USA to see my brand new niece and my nephew and while I'm there I'm going to a Destiny's Child concert!!!
Next Friday: We're going on a class trip to the movies and we get to see whatever we want!!(I'm gonna see The Mummy Returns or Moulin Rouge)
Next Saturday I'm going to Auckland (which is about 3 hours South from our place) and I'm going to this really cool thermal pools place called Waiwera.
This Saturday I'm going clothes shopping and tomorrow morning we're having basketball practice!!!
Yeeehaw!!!

Luv,
Bubbles .o0.o0.o0

------------------
If 2 wrongs don't make things right, try 3!

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow is my boyfriend's birthday, which gives me an excuse to be extra affectionate and spoil him a little which is fine because I will get the same on my birthday (which is in July).

I really like celebrating birthdays even if it is just with a little bit of extra cuddling. I don't really need the excuse, but I dunno, I just like to make the day a little special...

And, I've been doing lots of good writing lately. And it's fun and I'm feeling inspired and it's been a while since that has happened.

My own birthday is in 20 days, and I am really glad to be spending it with my boy! I generally have always been away from home on my birthday and it's never been special and I know my family feels a little bit weird about me being away again but really I much prefer spending it with him in a nice, low-key way...

Oh and of course the fourth of July is cool...

And next Wednesday the class I am currently in is ending and I get about a week off, yay. (summer classes, wheeeee.)

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I passed my test to get my drivers permitted. WAAAAAHOOOOOO!!

And now, the Simpsons are on! This is frickin' cool.

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Super BubbleGum Gurl:

Next Saturday I'm going to Auckland (which is about 3 hours South from our place) and I'm going to this really cool thermal pools place called Waiwera.

Sorry to hijack.. but yaaaaaaaaaay!
You're only the second Kiwi I've seen on the boards in my year of posting on Scarleteen

Just had to say "hi!" and "please hang around!"

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember how I said I was getting a car on Tuesday? That didn't happen. I got it today, though. And I like it! Yay!

Also, I just found out that there's a new Tori Amos album coming out in September. Woo!

[This message has been edited by Lynne (edited 06-15-2001).]

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.