Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Pop vs Metal vs hip-hop vs classic vs soppy etc. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pop vs Metal vs hip-hop vs classic vs soppy etc.
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi girlies!
I was just reading a post about songs you have with your guys and it made me wonder what kinda music r U into? I mean what do you listen to that gets your adrenilin pumping and makes you all hyper and stuff?

For me its metal any day no contest!
No matter whats going on in my life theres a song for it my favs would def. be:

My Ruin
Human Waste project
Machine head
Perfect circle etc...

As far as im concerned the hevier and louder the better!

What do u like?????????

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm into all sorts of music. for the past year or so i've been getting more and more into techno, especially trance (although, i admit, eurotrash music is fun too)

paul oakenfold
paul van dyk
massive attack
pearl jam
fatboy slim
rollergirl
paul simon
U2
me first and the gimme gimmes
dave matthews band
alice deejay
hendrix

etc, etc. my winamp playlist is HUGE.

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i guess the easiest way to answer this question is to list all my fave singers and bands.

1)Bif Naked
2)LiveonReleas
3)The Cranberries
4)Bush
5)Hawksley Workman
6)Coyote Shivers
7)Air
8)Mediaeval Baebes
9)Our Lady Peace
10)Matt Good

I think that's about it.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
check out my Village People thread, second post. i've got a bit list.

by and large, i prefer indie rock, some electronic.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Punk rock! By far, I love punk the most. Really, I like all music though- rock, oldies, punk, ska, swing, jazz, some country, techno (only when I'm dancing), pop, and even christian music occasionally.

Favorite bands of every music type:

union underground
godsmack
enya
good charlotte
nickel creek
eric clapton
tears for fears
the beatles
bette midler
incubus

Mostly my radio stations are set to classical, 80s, and jazz though.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. I'm a bit of an "Emo chick": I love Weezer. Another one of my favorites is No Doubt, and I'm not exactly sure what category they fall under. I like '80s alternative music, too, like New Order, The Smiths, They Might Be Giants, etc. I love certain oldies bands-The Beatles are classic! I grew up on them.

I cannot stand pop, hip-hop, and most heavy metal.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

[This message has been edited by Only In Dreams (edited 05-12-2001).]

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all time favorite.....

GODSMACK
slipknot
eminem
1.c.p.
pantera
marilyn manson
saliva

and a bunch of others. mainly metal but some rap rock.

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
celtic, does coyote shivers actually exist? lol i thought he was just some random guy who did that one random song on the "empire records" soundtrack. sugarhigh or whatever it was.

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, he does. He played burko in empire records and is also in johnny...nuemonic, or whatever.

He's from toronto and sings quite a few songs. I think he has 3 albums. He's not the best singer, but his songs are quite funny.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like almost all music. Frank Sinatra and Bach are great; but I also like the Offspring, Nirvana, NIN, Alien Ant Farm, New Found Glory, Phatter than Albert (if you don't know who they are, you will! They're an awesome punk band from Vegas that just signed on with RCA. Heehee), and then again I like Destiny's Child, Dream, and other things I can shake my booty to. Maybe I'm just not picky, lol.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love all forms of rock and punk, ska, reggae, and some rap.
My favorite bands include:
-Sublime
-OLD blink182
-The Offspring
-The Misfits
-The Ramones
-Weezer
-Nirvana
-The Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Rage Against The Machine
-Incubus
-AFI
-Linkin Park
-Green Day
-Reel Big Fish
-Goldfinger
-Bowling For Soup
-Jimmie's Chicken Shack
-Staind
-Lit
-OLD eve6
-MxPx
-The Living End
-(hed)PE
-OLD Limp Bizkit
-Sevendust
-Everlast
-Santana

...And there are lots of others that I forgot or something. I absolutely love music. It's the best thing ever

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorites are:

The Beatles
Macy Grey
Dido
Sarah McGlachlin (spelling?)
Lauryn Hill
Moby
Madonna
Alanis Morisette
Jamiroquoi (spelling?)
Enya
Fiona Apple

I like sad or angry emotional songs about life and love. I'm not really into rock or popular boy bands... I look for music that satisfies me emotionally .

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In no particular order:

They Might Be Giants
The Cure
Dead Can Dance
Mission
Switchblade Symphony
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Edera
Gene Loves Jezebel
Apocalypse Theatre
Flesh For Eve
Orgy
Smashing Pumpkins
Afro-Celt Sound System
Rammstein

and quite a few other bands i'm sure nobody's ever heard of

------------------
And there's nothing I can do, as I realize with fright, the spider-man is having me for dinner tonight!

Peek into my Mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay-a Weezer fan and a They Might Be Giants fan within one day!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work at a music store, so I listen to everything. There isn't really anything I can't tolerate except hard core rap, but other than that I listen to everything. I prefer rock though.

(In no particular order)

Godsmack
Staind
Systematic
Cold (not a live band though. really bad live )
Green Day
Offspring
No Doubt
Linkin Park
Metallica
Endo
Creed
Finger Eleven
Dust For Life (AWESOME)

There's so many more, but that's what I'm listening to the most at this time.

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

[This message has been edited by CrazyGirl (edited 05-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by CrazyGirl (edited 05-14-2001).]

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I basically listen to any kind of music. Depends on my mood, but I don't own or DL any intense-country music. Just a matter of personal taste, although I'll tolerate it if it's playing on the radio or in a restaurant.
I like anything from trance/techno to hardcore.
Anybody like Fenix TX?

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte
Member # 3780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am so for goldfinger and blink 182, and also no doubt adn country! i pretty much listen to everything! :0! i love country and like broadway too!

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

Posts: 20 | From: crystal lake il. USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some bands i like include: THE SMASHING PUMPKINS , Kittie , Disturbed ,Two Witches, Coal Chamber , Korn , Velvet Acid Christ , Godhead , Spine Shank , Switchblade Symphony , Sisters of Mercy , Curve , Skrape , Boy Hits Car , Siouxsie and The Banshees, Union Underground, Slipknot , Mudvayne, Cradle of Filth , Sepultura, My Ruin , Drain STH, Iron Maiden , The Cure, Bauhaus,Amen , Sunna , Pitchshifter, Slaves On Dope , Pantera, System of a Down,Bjork, Tori Amos , Sarah Mc Lachlan, My Bloody Valentine, Staind, Rasputina, Linkin Park , Rammstein ,Cake , Poe, Alice In Chains, Non Point, Hate Breed ,Scratching Post, A Perfect Circle , Hole , Nothingface , Glassjaw , Cannibal Corpse, At The Drive - In,The Cult , Velvet Underground, Garbage, OTEP, Systematic, Letters To Cleo , Black Label Society, Tool, Soul Fly, Factory 81, Staind, Eels, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Godsmack , Jack off Jill , The Donnas ,*just for yuliya* Erasure , Sneaker Pimps, Brat Mobile , Portishead , Rob Zombie , Corrosion Of Conformity, Marilyn Manson , Nine Inch Nails, Tea Party , Our Lady Peace, Skinny Puppy , Bif Naked , A Perfect Circle , Incubus, Silverchair , Bjork, Nirvana , Shuvel , Type O Negative , Megadeath, ...and the list goes on for all eternity...

------------------
kiss and kill me sweetly...

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moth
Activist
Member # 2606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My four favorite musical artists: J. S. Bach, Pink Floyd, Ani Difranco, and Tori Amos.

I also really like folk music, and stuff from musicals, Les Miserables being my FAVORITE.

------------------
Signed, Moth.

"Nothing in Life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie

Posts: 72 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm a high-fidelity-style music geek.
my bloody valentine, beulah, stereolab, spacemen 3, sleater-kinney, the shop assistants, the dears, broadcast, josef k (rowr! they're foxy!), joy division, belle and sebastian, badly drawn boy, the high llamas, the pastels, wire, the
buzzcocks . . . any kind of indiepop is yummy!

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
badly drawn boy. right on! *high fives*

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am a total music dork.

my favourite band of all time, has been since 1995, will be forever.. is radiohead. i also love 80's indie.. such as the pixies, talking heads, joy division, elvis costello dinosaur jr, the smiths, new order stuff like that. i also like some modern indie (although i really don't know if that title fits for some of the following), like tori amos, ani difranco, bjork, sleater kinney, alkaline trio, badly drawn boy, weezer, fiona apple, portishead... well, yeah. i'll stop now

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bottleblond
Neophyte
Member # 3511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bottleblond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can say is Garage and R&B RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
lots 'a' luv like jelly tots with vodka shots
xMEx

Posts: 30 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My musical tastes range from the 'conventional' - Bowie, The Beatles, Doris Day to the plain old weird stuff like Atari Teenage Riot and Ween.

I'm stuck between hardcore and happy hardcore, I love progressive trance, trancecore, oldschool trance, some forms of house music, drum n bass/dub, occasional rap music as long as its chunky..

My CD collection is unconventional because it stretches across almost all the genres (except Country n Western) in some form or another.

But when it comes down to it, I'm a hard rock chick from way back

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
REM just happens to be at the top of a very, very, very long list of personal favorite artists
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see....

The Beatles (the White Albums is ours!)
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Dave Matthews Band
Incubus
The Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton (this is me mainly forcing it on him)
The Doors

There are a whole bunch of others, but I can't remember them right now.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love:
-Destiny's Child
-Monica
-OutKast
-Tupac
-Missy
-Cash Money Millionaires
-TLC
-Aaliyah
-Project Pat
-Brandy
-Eve
-Faith Evans
-Eminem
-Ludakris
-Christina A.
-Pink
-Marvin Gaye
-Tempations
-Isley Brothers
-lil Mo
-Q-tip
-504 Boyz
-Lil Romeo
-Lil' Kim
-Lil' Bow Wow
-Ja Rule

As well as many others!!!!!

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm not a rap fan, but everytime Lil Bow Wow plays, I actually do listen. Weird eh?

Also, another song that I surprisingly like is "Butterfly" by Crazytown.

------------------
"Blessed Are Those Of Us Who Can Laugh At Ourselves, For We Never Cease To Be Amused!" -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I'd hafta say that there's not much that I don't like... I like the occasional metal, pop, opera, counrty, you name it. I know it may seem weird, but my tastes change from time to time.
Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
entropie! i LOVE ATARI TEENAGE RIOT!!!

they are my favrotie band in the world!
other than them i like punk mostly...
The Distillers
Sex Pistols
Dead Boys
The DropkickMurphies
AFI
Lars Frederiksen and The Bastards
The Casualties
Oxymoron
Generation-X(billy idol's band)
The Boys
The Vibrators
Agnostic Front
Thirty Foot Fall
The Clash
US Bombs
LES Stitches...too many more to name
--non punk---
bjork
sneaker pimps
old dirty bastard
gorillaz
sade
poe

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've listed my musical preferences somewhere before, but I guess I'll do it again The styles I'm into are in general britpop, indie rock and alternative music, and some (light) punk, depending on my mood So here's the list:

air, ash, bad religion, beatles, blur, cake, cast, cardigans, charlatans, cure, dandy warhols, echo and the bunnymen, elastica, gorillaz, greenday, hole, kinks, oasis, placebo, popsicle, pulp, radiohead, stereophonics, suede, supergrass, travis, verve, t-rex, wannadies, wallflowers, and also some portuguese newbies such as austin, silence4, hands on approach, manymore, plästica, etc etc etc eheh

Any info on the portuguese bands, feel free to contact me, I'm always up to promoting the national products eheh

Oh, and the list is in alphabetical order coz I had to look at my mp3 folders ehehe

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ #120172535

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
super_geek
Neophyte
Member # 4353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for super_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some bands i like include: THE SMASHING PUMPKINS , Kittie , Disturbed ,Two Witches, Coal Chamber , Korn , Velvet Acid Christ , Godhead , Spine Shank , Switchblade Symphony , Sisters of Mercy , Curve , Skrape , Boy Hits Car , Siouxsie and The Banshees, Union Underground, Slipknot , Mudvayne, Cradle of Filth , Sepultura, My Ruin , Drain STH, Iron Maiden , The Cure, Bauhaus,Amen , Sunna , Pitchshifter, Slaves On Dope , Pantera, System of a Down,Bjork, Tori Amos , Sarah Mc Lachlan, My Bloody Valentine, Staind, Rasputina, Linkin Park , Rammstein ,Cake , Poe, Alice In Chains, Non Point, Hate Breed ,Scratching Post, A Perfect Circle , Hole , Nothingface , Glassjaw , Cannibal Corpse, At The Drive - In,The Cult , Velvet Underground, Garbage, OTEP, Systematic, Letters To Cleo , Black Label Society, Tool, Soul Fly, Factory 81, Staind, Eels, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Godsmack , Jack off Jill , The Donnas ,*just for yuliya* Erasure , Sneaker Pimps, Brat Mobile , Portishead , Rob Zombie , Corrosion Of Conformity, Marilyn Manson , Nine Inch Nails, Tea Party , Our Lady Peace, Skinny Puppy , Bif Naked , A Perfect Circle , Incubus, Silverchair , Bjork, Nirvana , Shuvel , Type O Negative , Megadeath, ...and the list goes on for all eternity...

^
|
|
|
totally agree

Posts: 20 | From: hell, australia | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I detest country/western. Seriously. The merest twang of some guy whining about how his wife run off in his pickup truck, and his dog dun gorn an' dayed, makes me shudder.

I like a variety. Metal (lots), electronic, punk - even orchestral.

I basically look for something with merit. (ie. not some mass-produced bunch of imbeciles with plastic boobs, etc.)
I wince every time someone calls bad rap - especially "P. Diddy" music. Same with "bands" like N'Sync, TLC, Destiny's Child, etc. Same again with reformed hair bands like Bon Jovi.

That's not music. That's not even expression. If you want to hear music - real music, the full expression of human potential and emotion, listen to Beethoven. Listen to Tschaikovsky.

Please, just listen to something created for the sake of expression - not something created by someone for profit, and no other reason.

The sooner everyone actually listens to something that isn't dictated by the record companies, the sooner the rest of us can escape the never-ending piles of crap said companies are shovelling at us!

------------------
02/09/2047:
Capitalism is defunct. All that is left is Nintendoism.
The MTV Corporation has finally completed its slow, invisible shift to become PlastiPornCorp.
Life is...good?

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm into all the mainstream stuff.
And no matter how much everyone teases me, I still buy their albums and watch their videos and download their Mp3s.
So heres my list (don't laugh too hard)
Craig David
Destiny's Child
Lifehouse (especially their lead singer....ooh baby!)
Incubus (their lead singer too!!)
Sixpence None the Richer
Anastacia (I love her style, her voice and her cool specs!)
Alice Deejay
Limp Bizkit (some of their music is pure organic waste, but some of it is kinda cool)
Powderfinger (got love them--they're from across the ditch!!)
....and any dance stuff.
I like some of the alternative Christian music--it has a good message and some of it is kinda funky.
I make quite a bit of my own music, and to be honest, I like my music a lot.
But other than that, I tend to be very picky about the stuff I listen to.

------------------
The Bubble Blog...

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissThang2004
Neophyte
Member # 4310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissThang2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everything!! i love music! im 100% dedicated nsync fan....buttt i cant live with out the oldies (aretha, temptations, isley brothers, luther vandross, gladys night, chakka khan...) or hip hop and rap and i loveeee lila mccann and faith hill....i love music period....i love train ...limp bizkit...im a MUSIC fan...

------------------
-perfection is a myth- with 5 exceptions...*NSYNC....

Posts: 20 | From: woodbridge, va, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.