Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Clothing you can't live without (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Clothing you can't live without
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, I know we've had a topic like this somewhere in the past, but I loved it so much I think I'll start it again. So here goes. Everybody has at least one article of clothing or accessory, etc that they absolutely LOVE. You know, the one that you would wear everyday if it was possible? My question to you all is, what is that one peice of clothing or accessory that you absolutely cannot live without?

I'll start. First it would be my black tank-top with a photo of the Brooklyn Bridge printed on it in black and white. It's all glittery so it looks like the lights from the city are reflecting off the water, and very nostalgic looking. Next would be my extremely wide-legged jeans. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love my baggy jeans. Last (but not least) would be my black wedge sandals with little flowery things imprinted on them. they go great with pretty much everything.

Don't worry, I promise I'll never wear all of those things at once, though. I mix and match.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Lucky's new (and improved) homepage

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my baggy blue carpenter shorts. but i think they're too big for me now. i lost a bit of weight and last i wore them, they were barely staying on. nothing a belt wouldn't fix, though.

and a black pair of Vans sneakers. plain black. suede/leather. very nice. comfy.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a pair of Birkenstocks I got 6 years ago and they're really beat up. But sooo comfy. I've had them re-soled about 3 times. I'd love another pair, but that would set me back about $200, and they wouldn't be quite as comfy in the beginning.

I also have a dress I got 7 years ago that I really like. It's long and blue with a white flower/dot batik print. The store I got it from has closed, and I miss it.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something that syas 'Princess' on it. I swear the only article of clothing I don't have that says 'Princess' on it is a bra.

But if I had to pick it would be...*thinking*...my white drawstring pants that have, of course, Princess printed all over them.

My navyblue 'Berkeley' t-shirt, my Uncle got me for Christmas.

My hip huggers I got from Old Navy.

My pink Hot Mah-ma shirt.

My 'Princess' beater shirt.

My purple glitter princess belt.

Any pair of my boot cut capris.

And...and...and...of gosh, I think I'll stop there

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

[This message has been edited by CallMeBuffChick (edited 06-08-2001).]

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my Birkenstock sandals too.

Then there's my light aqua-colored tank top with the shelf bra. Very comfy. Simple front but intricate criss-cross back. If only I could buy it in every color and wear it everyday.

My blue-green v-neck shirt. Simple, solid color, stretchy. It's another one I'd like in every color.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 2 pairs of ambercrombie and fitch jeans! I love them! They are cute and Very cozy! My favorite jeans ever! The best part about them is that they were made to look dirty!
The only bad thing is that they were like 50 bucks each!

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Mentor

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My two pairs of Reef sandals. I despise wearing shoes and socks, so I would be an absolute wreck if I ever lost them.

This almost happened once. I couldn't find my old pair, and I spent four hours tearing apart my apartment all to no avail. It turned out that my kitty was using my old sandals as chew toys, and had stashed them underneath my couch. Thankfully, they are still quite wearable.

------------------
"Unit 12, 12D, 16A, 18S; respond to the fight in progress, weapons used are hands and feet. Suspect 1 is a male white with no arms or legs..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess this would have to be my fave pair of jeans (actually now they're the only one that fit me, as I put on some weight during this school year ). They're dark denim and with big flared legs (sorry if I don't use the right words eheh).

Other than that, all my trainers!! I have a bit of a trainer fettish, I don't even have decent shoes or sandals, I wear trainers all the way! If I had the money I'd have hundreds of different pairs, but at the moment my two fave pairs are my baby blue suede adidas with cream stripes, and old grey converse pair I've owned for about 4 years (?) eheh

Guess I haven't been growing much lately

Accessory-wise, my watch (Swatch Scuba Loomi), which has this stretchy-plate-thing bracelet and is all white/light gray and with sparkely things

Oh, and my glasses What would I be without them?!

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ #120172535

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My white T-shirts.
My black Berekely shirt that I got while I was there last summer.
My mesh adidas shorts. They make me happy.
My Simpsons and Glow in the Dark boxers.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
duh! my Berkeley sweatshirt. 'cause it's not cold right now, they weren't on my mind. i have a beat up, faded, blue hooded sweatshirt that i wear 10 months out of the year. it reeks of cigarettes, even though i wash it, and i don't even smoke!

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also a member of the Birkenstock-loving club, I don't know what I'd do without them, I wear them from March to November! Also, my favorite jeans, which are SO worn in and comphy, and never seem to rip or get too small! And my lucky t-shirt, which is a white one from north carolina that i got when i was 5, and it was so big on me then, that it fits perfectly now!

------------------
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!"

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Underwear. Can't stand an unfurnished basement.
-Flared jeans from Lane Bryant. They're a size 20, but now I wear a 16, so they're all comfy-like.
-Sandals I got my 9th grade year. My friend Mat helped me pick them out, and I wore them when we held hands, when we danced together, when I found out about his first car accident that broke his legs, and when I found out he died. I'd go crazy without them.

------------------
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Mudd low-rider flares, they're the only ones I have that fit me really well (except in the summer, then they fall off my butt)...

Anything I own that has a hood, especially my Sarah Lawrence College hoodie...

My ribbed, forest green turtleneck...

My skimpy bikini underwear (nothing'll brighten up your day like a sexy pair of undies)...

My racing suits, all 12 of them...

My...oh, I guess I'd better stop there before I name my whole closet

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
most of my clothing essentials come from japan. the majority of my family is still living there, so as an added plus, whenever i come to visit them, i go to the stores and spend way too much money buying funky clothes. in my opinion, japan is the most stylish nation in the world.. the people there certainly know how to have fun with their wardrobes. basically, all of the shirts, jeans, and shoes i've bought there are essentials for me.

i also have came to adore my denim jean jacket. nothing beats my incredibly comfy cotton cords

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm, let's see. I have this necklace that I always wear. Its not that I especially *love* it, I mean, its nice enough, but I can't get it off. Seriously...the clasp is a b!tch. And I'd ask someone else to take it off, but its so small I always forget I'm wearing it.

Also, I have this slap bracelet covered in pretty red cloth, and it's signed by the lead singer and one of the guitarists of New Found Glory, so now I refuse to let it out of my sight.

As far as actual clothes...erm, I have this really great shirt, its green, and has text all over it. All the text is this excerpt from a book, I wish I could place the quote, because it's really cool. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but its something about dreams, dreams being the seed of the earth and all this crap. I love it.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy_Kitty14
Neophyte
Member # 1179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy_Kitty14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can not live without my Doc Martin sandals!
They're so comfy!! Also, my red polo shirt...I dunno why, I just really like it. Lastly, tinkerbell pajama pants...If I could only wear them in public without getting stared at...lol

Posts: 20 | From: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nookiebabe16
Activist
Member # 2190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nookiebabe16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fave article of clothing/ accesory ..hmm..
I have alot of those. I like my dark gray "hottie" shorts <~~ i sleep in them! hehe But the one thing I always have on is my watch. My mom bought it for me and it was kinda expensive but it sparkles and it makes me feel like a princess :-D I think every girl needs something that makes her feel like a princess!

Posts: 58 | From: Massachusetts, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my beat up converse all stars, bondage shorts, and my old distillers t-shirt
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fille_Douce
Neophyte
Member # 4174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fille_Douce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not around other people I'm not a big one for clothing... But I love wearing nice cotton bikini briefs, especially my sunny yellow pair. Nothing like sexy underwear to give you that nice naughty feeling.
Posts: 12 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amaranthine
Neophyte
Member # 4243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amaranthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pyjamas. lol they are cozy. I'm not too big on clothes. I wear what's comfortable. I love my holy jeans though! I will never get rid of them! lol, no matter how many holes they get in them! haha I love them.
Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well let's see...first of all, I'm not sure I could survive without my collection of underwear. All in matching sets, almost all from Victoria's.

My three pair of jeans (all in the only style and brand that fits me, unfortunately all in the same color too).

And anything I own that's sleeveless!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
the kittenblog

"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"
~from 'Bring It On'

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 4 year old green Converse shoes, my navy blue hoody, and my plain ol blue jean flares.
Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my vinyl catsuit. my madonna bustier. my 7-inch platform shoes.

Just kidding.

Although I do have a vinyl catsuit.

I [b]really/b] couldn't live without

my reversible cotton slouchy pants.
my 3 gray hooded sweatshirts
my pink oxford cloth buttondown shirt
my blue plaid flannel PJ pants
my green and white striped cotton shorts - the fabric is like a crispy pillowcase, i love it.

things i could live without? my bras. i hate bras when it's hot out. also these blisters on my heel. blah.

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Black patent leather knee boots. From The Stripper Store (nobody everremembers what it's calle,d it's got tons of tacky footwear, and is next to a strip club), they're plain, zip up the back, are surprisingly comfortable, and go with anything. I'm on my second pair.

-Goodwill hiking boots. Three dollars some years ago, and they're very sturdy and comfortable.

-Blue laced-front bra. It's got the rather disturbing name of 'Olga', but it's comfortable, I don't fall out of it, and the wires don't poke me in the armpits.

-Black and red pashmina. Somewhere between a coat and a blanket; a fashion that never really made it out of the UK.

-Tattered jeans. Much loved, but no longer fit to wear out in public, unless I've got tights underneath.

-Homemade socks. Knit by my grandmother, and darned and repaired several times. Nicer than anything you can buy, and she makes them in the nicest, weirdest colour combinations.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- Black jeans, slim cut. I used to have a pair made by Ann Taylor that fit me better than anything I've ever owned, but I wore them so much they eventually just fell apart.

- Funky boots. I have one pair that I absolutely love, but they're a bit much for everyday wear -- black leather knee boots, lace-up, 6-inch heels. Most of the time I go with my second favorite, a pair of zip-up ankle boots with 4-inch heels.

- A lacy black spaghetti-strap shirt-ish thing. It shows off my tattoos, it's comfy, and I can layer it under anything.

- My rumpled black blazer jacket that I've had for years and years and years.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well there's a shirt my sister owns.. it's black with this little picture of a chinese woman in her garden. I've worn in once, and i love it, but my sister refuses to give it up. (so i suppose i do live without it, heh)

I also have a black fleecie i live in, and shorts that are way too big thus making me feel thin.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doplegager
Neophyte
Member # 7458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doplegager     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh... I have this rather nifty 'accesory' that I wear almost everywear I go, every day. It's this nice soft, black case that was meant to house a cassette player. Nowadays, I stick on my belt and carry all sorts of stuff in it... let's see... everything from writing implements to index cards to dice/gaming cards to a plush platypus to... part of a mop? Heh... I'm a pack rat .

------------------
"He would have been perfect if it weren't for all of his flaws."

Posts: 22 | From: Wichita, KS | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My skechers, any of them, I just couldn't live without them!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My green tourmaline ring. I actually went panning for gold/gems and stuff and dug it out of the ground then had it set in a ring. i never take it off, cept if i put lotion on or something.

oh yeah and my jansport gray hoodie sweatshirt! it says MoreHead (the university) on it...i think that's kind of funny. i get weird looks when i wear it to school!

------------------
Act young while you still are.

[This message has been edited by Star2be17 (edited 03-24-2002).]

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heder
Activist
Member # 3532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my sweat pants and eeyore sweater - they're just so comfortable.
Posts: 49 | From: winnipeg,mb,canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aStRo_GiRL
Neophyte
Member # 7497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aStRo_GiRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I CANNOT live without my Doc Martin shoes. They have the british flag printed all over them (very funky !) I love them do death!!
Posts: 6 | From: Zagreb, Cro | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooded sweatshirts. It doesn't matter what they look like, what brand-name they are (although, I'm rather partial to this heater Old Navy one that I have... ), just as long as they have a hood and a front pocket.

------------------
Tim

"Conversation, like certain other portions of anatomy, works best when lubricated." -- the Marquis de Sade (Quills)

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, Kythryne, I didn't even know -- congrats on becoming a Sexpert!

~I couldn't live without my black jacket.... I wear it every single day. I used to have a green Greenbay Packers sweatshirt (woot!) but it's shrinking a little.

~If I could (which I can but it'd be a little gross ) I would wear just my plain ol' flair jeans everyday. I used to have these really comfy Old Navy bootcuts (which is all I used to wear) but not too long ago I realized they make my butt look hilariously funny. This is when my new love for that one pair of flares (rhyme!) came in

------------------
Don't mess with Texas.

greenjay blog

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooh. this is a nice topic.
probly...
- my new pale denim pash jeans. they cost 60. but they look goooood and my other pash cords are now too big since i lost quite a lot of weight. i'd wear them all the time if it wasn't for the fact i don't want em to get ruined

-knee length denim quiksilver skirt. i don't wear it much. but i look so good!

-all my zip up tops, especially the red one from italy.

-all my cute top shop knickers, feel sexy, and don't show under my ridiculously low baggy trews. woo!

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeaceAngel
Activist
Member # 7466

Icon 6 posted      Profile for PeaceAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a ton of things in my wardrobe I couldn't live without! But, my favorites are my black leather pants and my zebra print tank top & a dress I have that is pink with a design of the Britan flag on it, similar to one I saw in a Twist or Seventeen mag (can't remember which one) a couple of months ago.

------------------
~It takes all kinds of people to make our world interesting and it takes acceptance to make our world peacful.~

Posts: 46 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.