Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Lyrics ahhhhhhhh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyrics ahhhhhhhh!
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help! I'm supposed to be the music expert, but I'm at a complete loss here! A guy friend challanged me to tell him who and what song the following lyrics are for, but I don't know it! Maybe one of you will? I hope!

"Got your tape and I changed my mind. Heard your voice inbetween the lines, come around from another time, where nobody ever goes."

I don't know it! What are my chances that one of you know it?

P.S. Cool lil smilies Sallynha & tHATDUDE

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. again... if you guys don't know it, do you know of a site that could help me? lol I'm desperate! I have to win this little challenge!

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

[This message has been edited by CrazyGirl (edited 06-04-2001).]

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
The lyrics are from "Singing in my Sleep" by Semisonic.

I found this with the Google advanced search engine: http://www.google.com/advanced_search

Just copied and pasted a word string from the lyrics into the "exact phrase" field and presto, 14 references.

I've never heard of the song or the Semisonics. I'm old.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Semisonic are cool!!! I only know a couple of songs though.. my fave is Closing Time hihi

CrazyGirl: the smileys weren't our idea!! eheh

------------------
~Sallynha

[This message has been edited by Sallynha (edited 06-04-2001).]

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

I'm such a dork! Thank you soooo sooooo much! I always forget about Google! Now I'll go taunt my guy friend with my vast knowledge of music. lol Deepest thanks

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, you beat me to it, bobo. and i knew those lyrics without even having to search them!

i like semisonic. saw them at the fillmore. good band.

you will find "Singing in my Sleep" on Semisonic's second album "Feeling Strangely Fine."

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are these lyrics: "You give me strength, you give me hope, and when you hold me in your arms you make me whole."??? Those have been stuck in my head for days!

------------------
"I can't take anymore of this, I wanna come apart, or dig myself a little hole, inside your precious heart... 'cause it's always raining in my head... forget all the things I should have said..."
-Epiphany (Staind)

~*S h a n n a*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Justagirl:
I think that's Never been this Close, by Westlife.....
Yall are welcome to prove me wrong....

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could it be savage garden? i am probably wrong but it sounds kinda like a savage garden song.

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Mentor

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Again, courtesy of the Google Advanced Search Engine
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~denisg/music/britney/brt8.htm

Britney Spears - One Kiss From You

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 06-04-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go Bobo! I did know the first one, because I like Semisonic, but not the second song Ah, the joy of Google-searching...
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.