Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I am happy today because... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I am happy today because...
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you happy today? It's such a rainy, yucky day here that it got me thinking..

-I am happy today because my cute and cuddly little puppy just ran up to me and gave me a Muffin hug (her name)

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its nasty out here too!

Im happy because it mine and my boyfriends 1 and half year of happiness!! We had a great day, but he has a sore throat. He will be otays.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im happy today because for the first time ever i won something off of my favorite radio station. it was just a cd but i was on the radio and really happy. only prblem was i was butt naked cause i just stepped out of the bathtub. i took my radio and phone in there and i was actally caller number ten. it was cool.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today because we had a family get together and one of my lil' first cousins once removed was there and he's 3 years old and he is soooooooo cute I just wanna squeeze him forever. And he's really polite and says "please" and "thank you" is it is so sweet! And he gave my a birthday hug and kiss (cuz it was also a birthday party for my bro and I) and it was really cute!
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its Bad Weather Day everyday!!!!

I'm happy cause i managed to get all the days off work that my LD-boyfriend will be here visiting me on Though now I work all weekend evening shifts... I don't really care *hehe*

------------------
"My father who art in Hell
Lestat be thy Name."
-Claudia, Tale of the Body Theif

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today just because I am. Because I had a terrible week last week, and last night and today (alright, I really mean Saturday night and Sunday) have been really wonderful. I had steak for lunch. I got a new sweater set. I got all the good gossip on most of the people I know. I baked cookies. It was a good day!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
the kittenblog

"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"
~from 'Bring It On'

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today because I managed to keep my hand from being amputated after slicing it wide open last night on some broken glass. Finding out I was going to be okay made all the difference in the world to me.

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...because I have a nice home, food to eat, clothes to wear, a wonderful boyfriend, and a loving family.

------------------
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

Care to read my thoughts?

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:: Commands Dan's hand to heal very quickly ::

Umm, I'm happy because I always seem to be in this state between hyperactive thinking and sleep. So I guess I'm happy to be in existence. And also happy because I went for a walk today in the woods and had an epiphany. Epiphanies are fun. And waterfalls are very nice.

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am happy today... some of it is left over from saturday nite being prom and my having a great, great time with ryan (it went better than my prom with him.. and that was great too!) and yesterday being graduation (yay! all done!) and today i went hiking with 2 friends at a place called hell hollow and it was really cool and fun!

it was actually the nicest day in 2 weeks here today, and i'm happy for that too!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy today, because I just got engaged and I have a wonderful song stuck in my head

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats entropie!!

i am happy today.. because my bestest friend in the world (starrykiss is her name here, i got her to join scarleteen) called me to talk!

------------------
Cate!
Scarleteen Mentor

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
short stuff
Activist
Member # 3415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for short stuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
todays date is : june 05, 2001

i am happy today because :
1. i actually got to spend time with my boyfriend
2. i got the pearl harbor soundtrack
3. school is over in 8 and 1/2 days.

------------------
(heart) always, torrance

*so you stole my world, now i'm just a phony*
*i need to know if you were real, i'd hate to think that i've been fooled again*

Posts: 90 | From: seattle, washington, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm off tomorrow! martin luther king, i love you!

i'm going to petco in a few with my bessssst friend ever. we bond over fish.

------------------
"Never deprive someone of hope it may be all they have." -unknown

"The most beautiful things in the world can not be seen with the eyes, but only with the human heart." -Hellen Keller

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i'm happy today because last night i had a sleepover with my newest bestest friend! I'm also happy cause I had no homework this weekend and so i got to sit around and watch my choir concert video and Apollo 13.

(totally random thought: my brother looks like Tom Hanks!)

------------------
I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would.

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mini_minx
Activist
Member # 11076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mini_minx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy today because my best friend fmro junior school just got back in contact with me, I met up with her today and it was like we'd never been apart. I was worried it would be awkward but it wasn't. That's why i'm happy today
Posts: 88 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm happy cause first period... the kid who sits behind me, waited for me to walk/talk to our next classes. lol

i have a bit of an interest in him if you cant tell...

but i dunno whether he was actually waiting just to talk/walk with me... or he was just standing around for no apparent reason... next to me... while i packed my stuff... lol

its good having a crush whose in first period... it sets a nice mood for the rest of the day... lol =) he doesnt kno, but its all good... lol i feel so ... sillie... that i'm easily happy over such sillie things lol

------------------
dont worrie, b happie!!!!
it's all good (...i suppose)

Dont interrupt me when i'm talking to myself!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles Schultz

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, today i am happy because i slept in until 2:00! The last time i slept in that late i was 8 years old. I watched a good movie (My Louisiana Sky) with my mom and sister, and i just finished making possibly the most gorgeous thing i have ever made. It's a collage of flowers i clipped out of a seed catalog in the shape of a heart.

------------------
I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would.

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolita212
Neophyte
Member # 11528

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lolita212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm happy today cuz although i couldn see my GORGEOUS b/f at the weekend, i saw him today at high school and he's sooooooo sexy!! just to remember one of his smiles or his laugh makes me shiver!!!
also, i'm happy cuz i have a great dad, great friends that love me, a great house, and i've just realised it!!!!

love and peace to everybody!!!

------------------
arrepentirse de lo que has hecho es mejor que arrepentirse de algo que no hiciste! =***

Posts: 13 | From: Spain | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...tomorrow's a half day!

PS: lolita12...I love your quote, but could you put it in english, also (maybe in italics)? For anyone who is wondering what it means...

"To be repented of what you have done is better than being repented of something that did not do!"

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 02-03-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterfly12
Activist
Member # 11263

Icon 6 posted      Profile for butterfly12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today because even though I didn't make that much of an effort this morning to look somewhat decent, (which on any other day would put me in a bad mood) my forensics team what recognized for winning the tourny this weekend as well as my partner and I individually!

------------------
"The drama queen is 17 and sleeping with the boys for free - she's got a reputation of being easy.."

Posts: 43 | From: Gaspesie, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I am happy because yesterday I found I did really well in a huge-ass thesis I submitted a few weeks ago. Mmm, it feels good!
Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janedoe101
Activist
Member # 11340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janedoe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy today because I got my period. Silly, eh? Not at all...made me happy! Besides that...The rainy weather has made me tired, so I took a nap,and woke up refreshed not grumpy. *yawn* life is good
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nifty
Activist
Member # 11254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nifty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am happy because i can't decide which reason that i AM happy to write down first! that makes me the *most* happy.
i am happy cause i have such a great boyfriend, a great mum, great opportunities & great friends.
pie makes me happy too.
can't forget the pie.

Posts: 52 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's warm and sunny here (ah, so this is why travel during the winter is a good thing), we're having a friend over tonight, and we've got the best error message sound ever, courtesy of BD's screwing aroun with wav files.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
...and we've got the best error message sound ever, courtesy of BD's screwing aroun with wav files.

Thank you, thank you. Back in my Radio Station days, my job was to do nothing but edit small sound clips to play on-air. Old habits die hard.

I'm happy because there is a police pursuit on TV, I'm ready to go to bed early for the first time in weeks, and the workweek is almost half over. Sometimes the simple things in life can really make it grand.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PSOM

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I am happy because my stressful week is almost over! After saturday (ACT!) i will just lie down and sleep. Even though i went to my best friend's father's funeral today (not happy) my crush just told me that he has a *major crush* on me (happy!). Ooh and i'm happy because tomorrow my other best friend is giving me a ride home in her brand new blue VW bug!

Ducky
Neophyte
Member # 11775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ducky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy today because my kitty's paw isn't as badly hurt as initially thought. Sweet little cat
Posts: 1 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy because its my sisters birthday tomorrow, and because my friends are finally back to being friends with eachother!
Yay!

I love peace and quiet! And happiness!

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've previously replied to this, but i HAD to say... I am happy today becaue I started drvier's ed. today... the first time i have EVER sat behind the wheel and had my hands on the steering wheel AND touched the pedals. i'm very proud of myself! even though i was freaking out... and paranoid something would go wrong... lol argh... anywat... okie thats all. =)

------------------
dont worrie, b happie!!!!
it's all good (...i suppose)

Dont interrupt me when i'm talking to myself!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles Schultz

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drums4mylife
Neophyte
Member # 10689

Icon 7 posted      Profile for drums4mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today (and for the past 5 days, too) because I'm in love!! Granted, it's unrequited love, but it's still love! And I saw her on Valentine's night, and...aaah! I love her. hehe~~ Cheers, ~*Alex*~

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. It is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty."-Coco Chanel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 16 | From: DC Area | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I am happy today for the following reasons:

1. I got to go to an auto garage first thing in the morning...love auto garages.

2. My quasi-enemie-not really, was nice to me.

3. I get to be a D.D. (designated driver)

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy today because I re-started communications with a long lost friend, and it's been absolutely fabulous. Don't want to get too excited yet, but it's great to have her back around.
How silly that I didn't get in touch with her - had I known it would be so lovely and easy, I would have done it ages ago.

No matter what, it's exciting and great, and that's why I'm happy today.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy right now because the boy is gone for the weekend (wait, hold on, it's not what you think), so I got to make yummy and EXCEEDINGLY garlicky salad dressing. with lots of cracked pepper, too. mmmmmmmmm. yummy horrible breath. ;]
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy because it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.