Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Passion for life?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Passion for life?
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is your passion in life? Are you fulfilling your passion now? Or did you put it on the back burner?

My passion is Dance! Right now, I'm dancing in spirit, (I do continue to dance, but I mean I'm not taking actual classes yet) but once we get moved, I will be taking classes at a wonderful dance studio!

What I really want to do for a while is be a back up dancer for people like Britney Spears, Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Samantha Mumba or other pop and r&b/hip hop stars. I just think that would be so much fun!

I express myself so well through dance. Many people find me to be weird and confusing, but if you could just see me dance, you'd understand.

"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Music, Theatre, and Motherhood.

The theatre thing is on the back burner for now. I spent so much of my life obsessed with acting, memorizing monologues and such, and almost failed my senior year because I poured myself into my directors job. Up until recently I coached freshmen and sophomores at the high school, but the season has ended and I'm not sure if I'll start again next year.

Singing... it's kind of painful to think about sometimes. I was really going places with my singing. I did a lot of weddings, funerals, open mic nights, choirs... I've been singing since I was 3 or 4. I take voice lessons, and even had a decent shot at Juilliard. Then, along came...

Motherhood. My number 1 priority in my life right now, and it will be for the rest of my life. It's challenging, frustrating, maddening sometimes... but extremely fulfilling. I don't care if I ever sing or act again; those professions are so full of no-talent, big-headed nogoodniks (there are a few exceptions, but I stand by that.) But in being a mom, until he reaches that "I hate my parents" stage at least, it seems like he'll be impressed with me no matter what I do. That goofy smile he gives me in the morning when I go to get him out of his crib melts my heart, and when he drifts off at night, it's so beautiful, it makes me want to cry.

And there's nothing I can do, as I realize with fright, the spider-man is having me for dinner tonight!

Yet Another Online Diary

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my passions for life would be art and literature, and making everyone aware of it. I absolutely love the theatre, art shows and museums, poetry, literature (Greek, English, early american, modern), photography, and music. I wish that everyone loved art as much as I do- it really is a very beautiful thing. I was thinking of studying art history and English literature in college for a couple years, since I want to paint and write poetry while I work at a main job. I paint, sketch, write short stories, poetry, and lyrics, read TONS of books and plays, and occasionally do sculpting. I really want to be an author someday, or a famous poet, so I've been working especially hard.

Oh yeah, and I think I may want to travel someday to Europe, Africa, or South america so I can get some pictures of the beautiful architecture and folk art. In fact, basically every country and culture has some kind of art or tradion that I love. Things like that just really interest me.

Lucky's new (and improved) homepage

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My passions for life are helping people, medicine, and (like Aria) motherhood.

I love to help ... one of the reasons i keep coming back here so much I love medicine and hope to become a nurse or CNM. When and if the time comes, i'd like to have about 4 kids ... However, i'm only 17 and still a junior in high school so i have a few years to wait

When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My passion in life, is to live my life to the fullest. Just by doing anything that i wanna try(to an extent) and having as much fun as i can, with all the experiences i want. To do this i try to just, be myself, act how i want, and never let anyone tell me how to live my life, or how to act.
That's my passion for life, just to live it.

"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.