Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » graduation presents!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: graduation presents!!!
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mom asked me what i wanted for my graduation gift. she didn't know what to get me. she thought about a ring, but i don't wear all that pretty type jewelry, my favorite ring is made out of a resistor from physics class! so anyways... after some hard thought... i came up with this: 4 tickets to Cedar Point (the roller coaster capital of the world!!!) and a hotel room! i can use it, treasure it, and not lose it! it'll always be with me.
i decided to take hannah and ryan, then let hannah (she's my best friend)pick someone to take and she picked glenn, her ex but now good friend. and ryan if you guys don't know already, he's the guy i'm kinda hooking up with.

so my question is: what did everyone who's graduated, or -ing, get for graduation?? and what did you think about it??

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my mom, being the ever-so-smart lady that she is, asked me what I wanted aftershe had already bought me something. Well, I was planning on going off to college, and still didn't have my own computer, so I asked for a computer. My mom, assuming I was going off to college, thought that I would need a nice set of luggage for when I came home to visit. Well, after I told my mom I wanted a computer, she decided she'd keep the luggage and her and my dad bought me a computer. She told me just before graduation what she had done, and I said I wanted both gifts Didn't get both though. Oh well, I liked the computer.

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"

[This message has been edited by TheCagedOne (edited 05-29-2001).]

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you get gifts for graduating? ooh. i got gypped.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my graduation....I got.....uhm...the clothes I wore that day and the right to party my bum off for a few days doing absolutely zilch, partying through nights and being very drunk in the vincity of my parents (somethign which they found highly amusing).

Pressies really aren't common for graduation over here, and it really didn't matter much to me.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha Gummy, I'm with you on this one.

When I was a high school senior I heard that some of my friends were getting gifts for graduation. I had not heard of this practice, but I figured it was worth a shot. I marched up to my Dad and asked if I would be receiving a gift also.

"Gift? Your gift is retroactive! Your gift was me letting you stay in this house for the past eighteen years, my boy!"

So now that I am on the verge of graduating from college, I know better than to ask for a gift! haha I love my Dad...

------------------
"Unit 16 from 11B, the one running through the park is the one with the gun."
"11B from 16, you mean the naked guy?"
"Yup."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh. Here's my dad's.

"Present? What present? You work hard for yourself. FOr your own future. Not for a present."

He still bought me a handphone though because I did so spctacularly well. Oh, not that well but still. 9 points for 5 subjects in my Os is pretty cool.

Hah. I'm bragging now. And someone is going to come along and say I had 5 points.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, next time around, i'm asking for a second-hand car, esp if i'm doing grad school in so cal. there's no way i'm not taking a car to so cal.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I graduated last year.

Well, I got a graduation ring with my initials on it, a nice teenie beanie baby owl, and the toxedo I wore at prom.

That was pretty much it even if I wanted a bit more...

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could say that my parents are buying me a brand new car but that is not the case. I don't think I'm getting anything actually. I wasn't expecting anything so it's okay. With my parents, it's more like, "Graduation present? Ha! You want us to give you a gift for something you should and have to do anyway? You're crazy."

I remember when I was younger. All my friends were getting paid for every good grade on their school report card. While my parents were more like, "You better get an A.
" rather than, "Sweetie, if you do well, I'll give you $10 for every A, $5 for every B, and $1 for every C."

------------------
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
--Calvin&Hobbes

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow... now i feel like crap! haha
it seems around here people get grad. gifts, kind of as a "congrats" deal i guess. this and my older brother didn't graduate so i guess there's a little more pride for me from my parents!
and to the kids that didn't get money for grades, i didn't either, i barely got an allowance!! hmm... i don't think it's good to bribe your kids to get good grades! they should do it on their own will... like i didn't! i didn't get paid for grades and if i did, i wouldn't have gotten that much!!
hmm... *thinking*

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, for graduation I think we're going to either Disney World (I'll always be a kid ) or Hawaii (That sounds good too). Haven't decided which yet.

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For graduation I got a bunch of little stuff, but also a lot of money that is supposed to be specifically put towards a computer for college this fall. While I didn't exactly get what I wanted, I'm really happy with the fact that I'm not going to have to put forth any of my money for the computer.
Graduation gifts are definitely the thing for this area as I've never known anyone to not get anything.

Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.