Today at school I was telling my friend about what happened with the wris****ch thing, and he didn't know of the word (twa* that is... Not wris+watch). So I asked a few more people (yes, I can be very blunt at times :eek , and most of them had never heard of it before. What is this world coming to? LOL, just kidding.
Anyway, today in my bag I added the ever-so-popular wallet. I usually forget it at home, but today I remembered and put it in my bag... Shall be a necessity from now on
------------------ Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."
[This message has been edited by Mary (edited 05-30-2001).]
Let's see...never leave home without *purse which contains money, 2 checkbooks, pen, paper, driver's license, phone cards, lotion, keys, chapstick, brush, and probably some other stuff *I usually have my CDs and sometimes a book to read That's about it. It doesn't take much for me to get through a day.
Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001
| IP: Logged |
- my dingy old sandles (maybe 7 years old) - my belt, on which hangs -- keys (room, psych lab, bike, computer lock) -- sundial -- digital watch -- pouch w/ harmonica -- pouch w/ loop of string
- my blue Pacific gear backpack ($5, now 6 years old) containing -- cards/money/quarters -- travel tooth brush & toothpaste (you just never know) -- pen -- Sarasota county bus maps -- beeswax lipgloss -- simple first aid kit -- simple bike repair kit -- digital camera (usually) -- reading book, writing materials (as needed)
I don't usually go overnight without my powerbook G3. It's taken a lot of abuse--I'd love to see what the new ibooks that are actually designed to be backpackable are like.
Food, water, air (necessity :P) I need my computer (too bad it is not handy), my video games, money (:P), comic books, and my DVDs... I guess that is all... Maybe bring a piece of memory too (sounds so abstract :> )
------------------ Dreams of humans... Will never Surcease!!! (from Black Beard in One Piece :P )
I try not to leave my house without a purse containing:
- My Visa debit card - The card from the flowers my boyfriend gave me on our first date - My college ID - My Blockbuster, Giant, Waldenbooks, etc. cards - Chapstick (currently from The Body Shop) - Pink or peachy lipstick - My cell phone - My CoverGirl compact - Blush and a blush applicator - Clinique mascara - A hair tie, or at least some bobby pins - A pen and some scrap paper - My most recent Vicky's paystub...because you never know when I might want to go shopping with my super awesome discount!
That looks like so much now that I've written it down...but it all fits quite nicely in a smallish bag...I swear .
You'll never ever catch me anywhere without money, chapstick/lip gloss, my watch, green tourmaline ring, and a hair tie. I also carry around a water bottle and other such things depending on where i'm going. I'd say i'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to schlepping stuff around.
------------------ "Neither a lofty imagination, nor intelligence is the source of genius. Love, love, that is the source of genius." ~W.A. Mozart
*tips out entire contents of bag* - Wallet with ID, Medicare card, bus pass, etc, student ID's in it. - Organiser. - Mobile Phone. - LaTrobe Uni diary. - Melbourne Uni diary. - Security pass to my building. - Keys. - CD Walkman. - Three or four CD's. - Current text that I'm reading. - Spare batteries.
Absolutely cannot go anywhere with at least this stuff.On days when I'm going from uni to work, to dance, I have three or four pairs of dance shoes, stockings for work, tights, leotards, and so on. It's ridiculous. I'm a real pack animal.
------------------ Shannon Hamilton: You wanna say something? Brodie: Yeah! About a million things, but I can't express myself monosyllabically enough for you to understand it all. -Mallrats
OMGGGGGGGGG!!! I feel so silly! Just now got the wris****ch thing only after reading Mary's post on the second page. LOL. Silly me Anywayz, here is what I always take with me.
~my purse ~my checkbook ~my debit card (I'd get in trouble with the credit cards) ~cell phone ~tampons ~lip pencil/gloss ~pen ~some type of paper ~college ID I think that's all. I wish that I could put money on the list, but I am your typical flat-broke-always-calling-home-to-beg-for-money-even-when-I-know-that-the-answer-will-be-no college student Thank God for my meal plan because there is barely ever any food in my refrigerator. LOL. But my mom's boyfriend was nice enough to give me $20 when I was home this weekend so I buy some Capri Suns. YAY!
[This message has been edited by Shann2002 (edited 04-22-2003).]
Whenever I leave the house, I usually have my adorable red purse with me. I pride myself in this purse because it's really very ugly but I love it just the same.
In the purse I have my cell phone because my car is what the French would like to call a P.O.S. ( I'll let you figure that one out ) and I'm afraid it's going to break down. I have basic make-up stuff, my powder and lip-gloss. O! I always carry a compact tooth brush and toothe paste with me! It comes in handy in the oddest times! I also carry at least one feminine product for just in case, and a condom for the same reason.
In my car, I have all the basic stuff they tell you to put in there, but you think, why on earth? I have a blanket, a shovel, a gallon of water, power bars, and a charger for my cell phone that plugs into the phone.
There's also other stuff that I have with me, it seems like I have a cloud of dust that just follows me wherever!
------------------ "The drama queen is 17 and sleeping with the boys for free - she's got a reputation of being easy.."
Mine's a solid, plain black purse with long strap, because I won't use any purse that won't go across my shoulder, because I hate having to carry one. Anyway . . .
- Driver's license (G1, so it's basically just ID), health card, birth certificate, passport, my boy's Blue Cross card, as a second person to contact for emergencies. A QuickChange card (to be used instead of quarters in pay phones, and this one's ancient), a photograph, a bank card.
- Lipgloss, lipstick, teeny thing of lotion, cherry-flavoured mints, hand sanitizer, contact lens solutionmint oil (for headaches), cocoa butter, nail clippers, hair ties.
- Mini Disc player, mini discs (Morrissey, Danko Jones, Screaming Lord Sutch), batteries, a disposable camera (must take that out), tape measure.
- Bus tickets, probably some old bus transfers, a BART card (like that does me much good!)
- A pen, little notebook, sunglasses, keys, whatever money I have, and a couple tiny carabiner clips, sometimes a novel, too.
And I think that's all. And why do I carry all this crap? Because it's useful, and means I'm able to deal with a lot of situations I might not be able to otherwise.
------------------ Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF
Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998
Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.