Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Nose piercings!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nose piercings!
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all, it seems my mother is lightening up about letting me get my nose pierced. YAY! I want a teeny little stud, but I'm just worried about it hurting when I get it done. I know, I know... I'm a wuss when it comes to pain.

Have any of you ever gotten your nose pierced? Did it hurt? What did it feel like, and how did they do it?

And just curious: what other piercings do you guys have? I happen to like eyebrow piercings and navels

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

[This message has been edited by Mary (edited 05-27-2001).]

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i got two holes in my ears when i was in kindergarden. I was a big baby and wouldn't let my mom clean them, so when she finally pinned me down long enough to do anything, she took them out and the holes closed over. When i was 12 i got them re-done. When i was 14 I had a second set put in. Now both sets are closed over ... Three years later. I can only wear 14K earings b/c anything else goes in there and my ear swells up, turns red and gets infected. I'm an airhead and lose everything that's not attatched to my body or nailed down elsewhere and well ... I just don't have the cash flow to be buying 14K earings every week. If i did, i could think of better things to do w/ the money anyway ...

When i'm older (legally old enough to pierce my butt if i feel like it) I plan on getting a bellybutton ring I also like nose rings and eyebrow rings too tho ... I'd just rather hide it somewhere where it's not that visable if it does get all nasty and infected like my other ones have.

------------------
For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.
~ Winnie the Pooh

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Navel piercing.

Yes, Lin the wimp has a navel piercing. And it really didn't hurt. Not a single bit. It was a little sore for the next couple of days but other than that, I have had no problems with it. My friends got me the cutest belly button stud and I'm planning on changing it soon.

I would love to pierce my nose as well but my parents have said no more percings for now. Oh well.

And nice to know your parents might just allow you to get your nose piercing sweetie. Hope it all goes fabulously.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoosh
Neophyte
Member # 3830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Mary... I happen to have two holes in each ear and my belly-button pierced.
My best friend came with me and held my hand when I got my belly-button pierced last summer. I think that helped me a lot - having someone to be scared with me and for me. She squeezed my hand when I squeezed and sang a song that's kind of special to us. It made me not worry so much because not only was I laughing, but someone who cared about me was almost as fearful as I was! And all she had to do was hold my hand!
I think that you should bring someone with you if you are worried about the pain, and your mom... well, offer to pay! That's what got me in the game. Other than that, just slowoly wait for her to turn... I know she will soner or later. (Hopefully sooner rather than later!)
~Toodles~
P.S. Have any of you ever heard of SheFood? It's a women's restaurant...

Posts: 18 | From: Worthington, Oh | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love piercing threads

I have 9 at the moment, down from 16 previously. They're pretty boring to me now, but I have 7 in my ears, my tounge and my lower lip (labret flat backed barbell) done. I've had my nose, eyebrows and navel done as well

I plan to get more soonish, as well as a tattoo to remember a good friend who died recently..

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a nose ring, a lot. Sigh, stupid emancipation laws, stupid uptight parents. Oh well, there are always fake ones (as long as a parent doesn't see. Okay then, hope your nose ring turns out great. Good luck.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna get my tounge pierced! I think it looks cool. But I heard it can screw up the way you sing...oh well.

I want my belly-button done too. Mom might let me do that.

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I only have 2 piercings, one on each ear. I had those done when I was about 10, but about 2 or 3 years ago I stopped wearing earings coz it got too boring and I prefer not to wear anything - I like clean and plain look now, I don't really wear jewellery or anything like that

I kind of like eyebrow piercings though They are kewl But also depends on the person, what they look and personality. Wouldn'y fit me for sure eheh

------------------
~Sallynha

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine my mom would say, "yes", but after my 100,000,000,000th time asking her, she did!

I went to her work last night, and I met Bonnie (a nurse there that works with my mom). She has her nose pierced, so my mom and I started talking about it, and Bonnie got my mom to lighten up a bit about me getting it done.

After I came home I posted here about it, because I felt I had a chance!

I guess that night all the nurses were encouraging my mom to let me get it done, so this morning when I asked her (yes... Sadly I've been asking her almost every day for the past year), she said, "yes"!!!

So after my trip this month I'm going to Piercology with my best friend (thanks for the advice, Shoosh) to get it done. I'm really nervous, because I'm not good with pain, but I figure if Lin can get her navel done then I can get my nose done!

P.S. Shoosh, I have heard of SheFood... Great place, eh? I especially like their "real snow made into water". Ever had it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mary (edited 05-28-2001).]

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eee! I'm with Entropie on this one, I love piercing threads!

First of all, Mary, congrats...I really*really*really want my nostril pierced, just with a tiny little nose-screw. on the left hand side. I want it!

So far I've got: left ear - 14g industrial(Sept. 00), self-done 16g upper earlobe (my grad. present to myself, May 00), and the standard 18g lobe (when I was 10, at the mall, with an evil piercing gun). Just the standard 18g lobe in my right.

Showing here, in old pictures: http://www.geocities.com/missdaphneq/pictures.html

I really want my nostril pierced, but Timming says I should wait till after college. of course, he's right. have to let the folks get over the industrial. bleh. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two holes in each earlobe, one in my right cartilidge (why do i fear that i misspelled that? forgive the little english major, she's very sleep-deprived), and one through my right nipple.

i had my navel done, too, for a period of three or four months, but i was too easily irritated by having a loop of metal through the middle of my body. i think a barbell would have been a better choice. =P

i really, really want to get a barbell through my eyebrow this fall (once i'm done with this summer's office-job-plus-high-school-dress-code. lemming thinks it might not look right on me, but i'm dying to try. if that idea flunks, a teeensy, tiiiinsy silver stud in the right side of my nose would be the next choice.

...notice the trend towards the right? heee. i love my imbalance. two tattoos to the right, also, and one dead center (tailbone). i love defying symmetry.

did i misspell that one, too? graar. time for sleepy english majors to *sleep*! ;-)

- p.s. - pics of piercings available on my never-updated website, http://www.geocities.com/musingkitten23, and (esp. the nip!) in my diary, http://dead-dog.diaryland.com

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Lemming and Dead Dog: love your pics! Lemming, I will envy you forever for having your ear done like that... It looks awesome! And Dead Dog, did it hurt to get a tattoo? I've always wanted to get one on my hip.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed already: Shoosh and I are best friends. We've been best friends ever since 1st grade, and I was the one who held her hand while she got her navel pieced. A gory process, but the finished product is awesome! Oh, and Shefood is a restaurant we made up when we were younger, and, yes, we served "real snow made into water". The restaurant was "for women by women". The title's a pun, get it? She-Food. LOL, cracks me up every time! Anyway, when we were older we realized it would probably be a lesbian-friendly restaurant because of the name and ever since it's been my dream to open it some day (I'm a lesbian for those of you who don't know).

Anyway, I have three piercings on my lower right ear and one on the cartilidge. On my left ear I have two and when i get my nose done that'll bring the grand total to 7!

------------------

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo Hoo Mary.

Yes, if wimpy Lin can do it, it should be a breeze for you.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

LOL, Lin... I'll be thinking of you when I go to get it done so I won't back out .

Lemming: I went to Max and Erma's this evening, and my waitress had the same piercing as you have (the bar through the ear). It was so cool to see it in person and not just on a picture! I don't think I've ever seen one before. It was awesome! I asked her if it hurt, and she explained the whole process to me: Ouch! She also had her nipple pierced, and she said that one hurt most of all. I couldn't even imagine! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you .

------------------

Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a nose ring but my good friend does. She said it didn't hurt. I have another friend who wants one as bad as you do. I want a belly piercing. I have wait until am out of school so my parents can say anything because then I will be an adult.
Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoosh
Neophyte
Member # 3830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, my dearest Mary! Yes, the real snow made into water was great this past year. I can't wait until we get back... Actually, I can't wait until we leave! 16 more days! (Yeah, I got in a terrible fight with my mom which I'll talk to you about next time I see you.) But when we get back we get to have your nose pierced!!! Finally! I am probably more excited than you are! ~ Well, sorry no more time to post, but love you!

------------------
~Shooshoo the Shoe~

Posts: 18 | From: Worthington, Oh | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, late reply.

Mary, when you get yer nose pierced, post something here telling how it went. I want a teeny little stud thing in my nose, too, but it just seems like there would be so much...skin, and what have you, to break through. Also, I have allergies, and I don't know if it's a myth, but I keep having visions of the little hole getting...well, sorry to sound gross, but getting snotty. Not exactly attractive.

Tell me how it goes!

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I'd add to the thread again.. looks like I might be getting my nipples done soon.. I've got the craving to get pierced again

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, my mum and dad would literally KILL me if I got my nose pierced.
For the last couple of days I've been bugging them about getting my left ear cartilage pierced....and man, did they go off at me.
Well, I'm gonna drift into the living room and bug them again.
Wish me luck!.....<crossed fingers>

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Towel, I'll definately post here once I get it done! Looks like late-July will be the time... I'll see if I can post a pic here, too. And the minute I get a cold I'll create a thread on what it'd like to blow your nose when you have a nose-piercing!

Entropie, nipples? Ouch! I think nipple piercings are cool, though. I'd have mine done if I didn't think they'd hurt. Ooh, and I also want my clitoral hood done, but there's no way I'm letting someone put a needle through there!

BubbleGum, good luck getting your parents to let you get your cartilage pierced!

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am really into body modification but i dont have a single piercing or tattoo! this summer plan on piercing my left tragus(that little nubbing of cartilage right infront of the ear canal). i maybe eventually want the cartilage right above my lobes done aswell. if my job permits when i am older i plan on having my lobes dermal punched and stretched(they take a hole punch on a stick and punch out pencil diameter sized holes out of your ear...after a few months you can stretch the holes out) i want to have a size zero in each ear.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizabella
Activist
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Panda: Do you get some kinda anisthetic (sp?) for that dermal punch thing? Cuz that sounds like it would REALLY hurt.

------------------
"Sometimes people care too much. I think it's called Love."
---Pooh Bear

Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldn't personally...to me that is part of the experience of getting something like that done to yourself. now i would say if someone wasn't really prepared for the pain they should maybe rethink if they really want something like that done. and while we are on the topic of piercings...STAY AWAY FROM PIERCING GUNS!!!. they are impossible to starilize(made from plastic) and completely low quality.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know....I finally convinced my parents to get my cartilage pierced...
I got it done with an evil piercing gun.
Guns aren't really that bad....I got my first lobe piercings done with a gun and my friend got her nose done with one.
Well, I've got this cute wittle flower stud. It's sooo cool!

------------------
If 2 wrongs don't make things right, try 3!

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

i really cant say enough bad things about the gun. it can shatter the cartilage
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

It's done! I got my nose pierced! Last Thursday I went to Piercology with my mom and *bing bang boom* I had a stud in my nose!

It was the longest drive to the piercing place. I counted the address numbers of the stores until it got down to "800". I was so nervous! We walked in, and the place was very clean and homey... This guy named Ed came and helped me. He asked if I had any questions, he was very polite, and so sweet. He had a lot of piercings, so I knew he knew what he was talking about. We had to sign a lot of forms, and he explained everything to us. All the needles and instruments were sterilized, as well as the stud itself. He took my mom and me back to a room; it kind of looked like a dentist's office with the chair, but the walls were painted in blue with clouds on them.

Ed relaxed me and had me go through some breathing exercises. When I was relaxed (as much as I could be, knowing someone was going to stick a needle through my body!) he did it! It only took a mili-second. It did hurt, but he did it so fast it was over like THAT. I'm so excited! I love it . I got a little silver stud on my right side. If I get a picture of it I'll try to scan it on here.

Has anyone else gotten any interesting piercings lately?

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My belly button!

Ooooooo i love it! My fave accesory! I remeber a while back there was a discussion about belly button rings and i typed out a huge spiel about mine!

Go here to read my spiel!

OoOoooO gotta love UBB code! Saves me from double posting! Yeah!

Silly Girl

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have my ears done. i want my bellybutton and cartalige (i know i spelled that wrong..) but i cant decide which side... thats all i want though. ill probably have to wait years because my dad doesnt like peircings or tatoos, he didnt even want me to get my ears done ONCE. then i will have 4 holes and ill stop.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 3 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, i can't stand nose piercing. It's such a turn off. Period. And last year i was thinking about belly button piercing, but if you think about it, in your later years, it's not going to be sexy especially when your pregnant, and etc. So i chose not to do go ahead. But that's just me. My 2 cents!

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.