Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Graduation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Graduation
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm graduating 8th grade (don't say its cute! lol..) which I've been waiting for for like, forever. Thing is, I'm going to a private highschool due to the many rumors and such while my 3 best friends go to the local school. We won't be able to spend time together because of after-school things and my schedule will be jammed. I want to do something nice for them before we seperate because I have a feeling I won't be hanging around with them a lot this summer. Any ideas?? Please, I'm open to gift suggestions--anything!

------------------
-Ashli-
Blondes have it made...brunnettes don't have an excuse to act stupid!

Mad luv to my 4someones!

Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not compile a CD or cassette of songs that remind you all of each other? That way you can listen to it and remember the good times. Or best friends necklaces- sounds kinda lame, but I LOVE getting best friends jewelry from my friends.

Or you could buy a really pretty picture frame, add your favorite picture of you guys together, and give them each one. A scrap book? Graduation statues (like precious moments or graduation bears at hallmark)?

Anyhoo, those are my gift ideas. Of course, I like to make my friends things (like the CD and the scrap book ideas). That way, they know it came straight from the heart.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, when I made the change from public school to private school four years ago I only had one friend (that's a large part of why I mad the change) whom I still see all the time. I made the decision I didn't want our friendship to die and it hasn't. She just called me on the phone yesterday, as a matter of fact. The point is that if you don't want to lose them as friends make an effort not to. I know, the situation probably has extenuating circumstances--but try for me, okay? For gifts, I think something really personal is nice. If you know one of them really likes, oh, say musicals, then get them a poster from one. Or if they like soccer get them a funny bumper sticker or pin about soccer. And Lucky had some good gift ideas too. My favorite gift is a tee-shirt with something funny on it, but, yeah, you do what you want to do.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky brought up a good idea, those frames that say Best friends would be a good idea. What i always like doing is having a *girl's night out*. Go out to dinner and rent some movies, it's fun! But back to the gift idea...you can get them one of those keychains that you can personalize. They don't cost that much either .
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and all my friends are getting split up because we're going to different sixth forms next year. We are making a CD for each other like Lucky suggested, and even making a sleeve for it decorated with cartoons of each other and our own little pet phrases and habits. Also, each of us are buying presents (just tiny little things cos we're all skint!) that are things which remind us of each other (for example one pf my friend's nicknames is Boobs - don't ask, and we're getting her a t-shirt which says Boobs on it.)It should be a nice momento. We're also going for a weekend away together but that might not be practical.
This is quite pathetic but in the back of my leaver's book which everyone in my year signed I have stuck in little 'souveneirs' of everyone-a bit of someone's hair which shows their black roots compared to the rest of it-peroxide blonde, a bit of my friend's jumper from the big hole she has in the elbow of it, even someone's tampax wrapper signed by her. I'm going all misty eyed and nostalgic and I only left a week ago! I even got our whole class to sign a sanitary towel!(it's an all girl's school we can be very open about these things)
Hope you have a good summer and enjoy your new school.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.