Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Quick question to you all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quick question to you all
KevMezz
Activist
Member # 558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevMezz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK what or who makes you happy and why?
just intrested

Posts: 118 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of things make me happy, mostly retarded things. I also get depressed pretty easily, but there are certain things that make me feel a little bit warm inside even on my saddest days.

Drinking tea makes me happy. Dressing nice and going out to dinner. Playing with my reptiles. My cat. Playing video games. Working out. Going somewhere simple with friends. Go karting. The beach at night. Hot chocolate (it's probably the chocolate that makes me happy!). Driving. Singing. Decorating my room. Writing. Shopping; when I have money to spend. Cooking something for my family or friends to eat.

The list goes on and on. One time I was really depressed so I made a list of all the things that made me happy, and did a different one everyday.

------------------
Lil Siren
-Scarleteen Advocate
"Those are some BIG ice cubes...."

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dog cheers me up immensely. Just the sight of his face makes me smile.

Chilling out with friends, drinking coffee or eating ice cream makes me happy.

Chocolate of course and now Tim Tams make me happy as well. Okay, food makes me happy. Period.

Hanging out at ST, chatting with the wonderful Scarleteeners on ICQ, writing in my diary, knowing I have helped someone or made someone's day, talking to my parents, watching crap TV shows, listening to music, reading my trashy novels. The list could go on and on.

Actually, I think I will move this to It's All About You. It seems more suited there.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooohhh... good topic! I am assuming that you mean on a general level.

Things that make this girl happy:

My horse...he's got the most laid-back personality, he can bring a smile to my face no matter HOW I am feeling.

Chocolate and junk food.... or my favorite childhood food *gasp* Spagetii O's! ...quite the comfort food!

My boyfriend...along the same lines, hugs and kisses.

Hiking in the woods to de-stress myself from living at home woes.

Sunsets

As someone said... having money to spend frivolously. HA! Not NOW!

As Siren said again... getting all dolled up and going out to eat.

Dancing...alone or with my boyfriend.

Listening to peppy music.

Cleaning my room. ...there's something to be said for getting rid of junk.

More later when I think of them...
CG

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Touching. I'm a really physical person and touching people and being touched makes me happy. I love to hug and hold and stroke and everything else with everyone

Seeing people with their My Secret Agent Lover Man. If you haven't read Weetzie Bat (then read it!) it basically is the person that is your soul mate, or the person that you're in love with at the moment. You can just tell when you see a couple that they are entirely each others My Secret Agent Lover Man, and it makes me happy to see them so happy

Ballet and Jazz and Music. Dancing makes me happy, I don't know how I'd live without it, I can't think of anything else I'd rather do. And I'm constantly listening to music (if I don't have a radio, I'm bobbing my head, people are always asking "what song is in your head?"). Nothing better than a good beat.

Sour Punch and the Sweet Factory. What can I say? I'm a total candy addict, and that's my favorite candy, and my favorite candy store.

Reading and Learning. I'm a total bookworm, I love to read, I love to learn (especially about psychology!), call me a geek, what can I say?

Rain and Boston. I love the rain, rain makes me smile and sing and dance, which is a sign of me being happy boston is by far the best city I've ever seen or been too, I have no bad memories there (except leaving it), all the good things come from Boston

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What makes me happy? Well, alot of things, *LAUGHING*acting, singing getting rides home from school, getting letters in the mail, seeing friend, sigh Tom Green, Grease-the movie-, KARAOKE!!, Blink 182, the Backstreet Boys, N*sync, working, takeing long walks in the dark with friends, scareing my friends while walking in the pich dark , going to the movies, GUYS, putting on CRAZY makeup, putting on CRAZY clothes, actually doing anything CRAZY, going down to the libray for study hall, pottery, shopping, counting down the days of school left even if its the frist day, and most of all makeing a fool of my self. wow , thats a lot of things, and i have more then that. I guess i have a pretty dandy life.
Abby

------------------
Sometimes you have to kiss ass, before you can kick it

Watch out! I spell awful!

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad weather. Tea. Hot chocolate. Mushrooms. Playing the piano. The absence of other people. Listening to music. My dog. Skiing. Finishing something. A really good scene in the online roleplaying games I play. Morning. Night. Cold. Hot showers. Rainbows. Online bulletin boards. Other people's pets. Nature. Stars. Swimming. Good stories. Winning a debate. Intellectual discussion. Bubbles. Using my imagination. Christmas. Finding something I'd thought I'd lost. Full moons.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Music, all kinds. Chocolate. Singing. Reading. Intellectual Conversations. Spaghetti-Os (you and me both, Country girl! ). Certain drinks (non-alcoholic, I mean). Writing. Swimming. Playing with animals. Stargazing. Going online. Performing. Posting on websites. Rainy days. Movies. Tall Iced Mocha Frappuccinos (I confess! ). Weezer (I know this falls under music, but...). Happy Memories. Being with my friends. Ice Cream. Thinking about my friends and crushes. Laughing. Shopping. Baking. Camping. Traveling.

I'll think of more later!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lots of things make me happy... but the first that comes to mind is ryan. it makes me happy to just talk to him on the phone or hang out with him or even think of him. he makes me laugh and i smile [i]so[i/] much when i'm with him!

other things:being on stage performing, my mello, good food on an empty belly, my friends (most of the time!)2:04pm on weekdays... june 3rd! and june 2nd and may 4th and oct. 8th and holidays!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<singing>
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with string. . .
</singing>

Sorry, this thread was just reminding me of that song, which is a good thing really.

Things that make me happy-
Reading a really enjoyable book
Spending time with my university's Dark Ages Society
Role Playing
Writing
Having really good intellectually stimulating discussions
Planning my trip overseas at the end of this year (yay!)

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are things that make me happy:

-talking to my friends at school
-talking late at night to my boyfriend
-staring at the stars
-reading a good novel
-listening to good music and dancing
-singing off-key with friends
-playing wit my lil brother
-running around with my dog
-having the house to myself for just an hour
-sleeping in my comfy sheets

------------------
-Ashli-
Blondes have it made...brunnettes don't have an excuse to act stupid!

Mad luv to my 4someones!

Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pleasure is music... and I never feel guilty about it, LOL. Music just makes me so happy... it's like magic!!!
Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things that make me happy:

*My cat, who always seems to love me, no matter what
*My dad, who can always make me feel loved and special
*My best friend Jen, who cracks me up!!!
*Music... oh Lord, my music... enough said!!! LOL

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwipunch9
Neophyte
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwipunch9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What ALWAYS makes me happy is BEN FOLDS FIVE (a band). I absolutly love ben folds to death. I cant get enough of him. He's so great, and since i also play piano, he gives me so much inspiration to write my own songs with my band. (which is the second thing that makes me happy).

If you dont know who ben folds is, you need to! Http://benfoldsaddict.tripod.com

------------------
"There's an old joke, I just made up. How many of me would it take to screw up your life?" --Ben Folds, Kalamazoo

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didn't BF5 break up last year?

i like music. i can use their words and sounds to convey vicariously what i'm feeling.

i also like soda pop. it's a superficial sort of happiness, though.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like fizzy apple laces. I ate a whole packet on the back seat of the bus last week and got sugar everywhere. There was only one other person on the bus, an old man, and he was very, very scared.
I was really happy then and it was the first time that I've really thought-hey, I can be happy on my own! I wasn't with my friends, and I don't have a boyfriend, but I was actually enjoying myself. Sigh, the things a load of sugar and chemicals can do for you.
Also, my hamsters and my cat and good books and good music and trashy TV and (in a few weeks time) finishing my GCSEs. Yipeeeeeee!!

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*~jEt SkI cHiCa~*~
Neophyte
Member # 3811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*~jEt SkI cHiCa~*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What makes me happy...

*being outside in the country (city's too loud and crowded)
*my animals- especially my horses
*my boyfriend, hands down
*Jesus- above ALL
*curling up on a cold evening with a cup of hot chocolate and a good long book
*I'm a closet Backstreet Boy and *NSYNC fan. Late at night I'll jump and dance around my room in my pj's listening to them.

------------------
"You think YOU have issues?!" --Best Friend

Look back at our struggle for freedom, trace our present day's strength to it's source; and you'll find that our pathway to glory is strewn with the bones of the horse.

Posts: 9 | From: somewhere, over, the rainbow | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Gumdrop, I can confirm your suspiscions about Ben Folds Five - although I hadn't heard about it until just a month or two ago.

------------------
When you get off work tonight, meet me at the construction site, and we'll write some notes to tape to the heavy machines, like "We hope they treat you well. Hope you don't work too hard. We hope you get to be happy sometimes."
-the Weakerthans

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Only In Dreams:
Spaghetti-Os (you and me both, Country girl! ).

*laughs* Glad to know I'm not alone in this obsession!

------------------
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

Care to read my thoughts?

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my ... Lots and lots

~ Dancing
~ Thunder and lightening storms
~ Colouring (I just did tigger and friends lol)
~ Playing w/ my rat and my cat
~ Ice cream!
~ Cuddling w/ my bf
~ Hanging out w/ friends
~ Having serious talks (even the bad kinds)

And that's only a few things ...

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.