Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What Book Should I Read?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Book Should I Read?
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I confess, I'm a total bookworm. I gobble books the way some teens gobble up soap operas. So, I thought I'd poke around and see if anyone else is a bookworm, and recomend your favorite books

Brittany's Official List of The Best Books
-The Alchemist: It's about this guy who wants to be an alchemist, which is a person who can change dirt into gold or anything else, they entirely understand science that well. I don't really recall the plot, but it's a book that you'll sit there for a half hour after you finish it, just thinking about what you've read.

-I Was A Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block
This is about a girl, Barbie, who's mother was a beauty queen and expects her to be too. She's basically at a loss until she meets Mab, a smartass fairie.

-Violet and Claire, by francesca Lia Block
About two girls, Violet and Claire, just the story of their friendship and what happened. Violet is a film junkie, who wants to make a movie, and finally gets the opportunity to, but falls in with the wrong crowd. Claire is a quiet poet, who thinks she's a fairie. It's beuatifully told.

-Angela's Ashes and 'Tis by Frankie McCourt.
True story of Frankie McCourt, his life living in poverty in Ireland, and then moving to America. I haven't finished 'Tis yet, but the'y're both extremely well written, it'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry. The only bad thing is that things are written how they're said (Irish accent and all).

So, what's on your nightstand?

Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yayay! Books rule!!!

So, here are some of my favorites:

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor
By...i forget
This is about a girl names Lorna Doone. It's told by the guy that falls in love with her, john ridd, and is set in the 1700's i believe. Her family are murdurers and thieves and her cousin wants to marry her. The story goes on to tell about who she really is and what will happen to her and her John Ridd.

The Hobbit, all the lord of the rings books.
J.R.R. Tolkien
I thihk we all know what these are about.
and the movies aer coming out soon!

Chicken soup, all
" "

Anything by Anne Rice
Her books are really kewl. They aren't horror stories, they're really interesting about a whole lot of stuff. Take...Interview with the Vampire.

i can't think of anymore now, but i'll be back.

"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Sex for One by Betty Dodson

My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mophead, your bedroom sounds much more exciting than mine!

Gold Dust and Gunsmoke by John Boessenecker

Low Level Hell by Hugh Mills

A Cool Million by Nathanael West

Eclectic? Perhaps...but it beats the heck out of late-night television!

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm picky about my books, but here are some really good ones I've read lately:

The Juggler by John Moressey--- This is a medieval fantasy-type book about a boy who sells his soul for fame.

Morgan's Run by Colleen McCullough--- I have this book as well as the book on tape (which is read by my **idol,** Tim Curry, who has the sexiest voice... but anyway...) The story is about this guy whose life totally falls apart, and he is framed for a crime and sent on a prison ship to Australia (this is the late 1700's, when England was trying to turn Australia into a penal colony.) And he manages to let go of the past and build a new life.

I'm currently reading The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy. It's a novel about poaching from an elephant's point of view. I'm trying to bring myself to read Les Miserables, but I can't get into it. (The 400-page abridged version, not the dreadful 1200 page monster. Really, I've seen dictionaries shorter than that!)

"Sometimes people care too much. I think it's called Love."
---Pooh Bear

Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
A little long, but well worth it in the end. The triumph of individuality at its best (based on the life of architect Frank Lloyd Wright, by the way).
Also..I spent the summer in England, and really became addicted to the Harry Potter books. I love Hermione - she kicks butt!

[This message has been edited by Starry Night (edited 05-22-2001).]

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh ... I love books

Right now i'm reading Mother of Pearl by Melinda Haynes ... It's basically about the way things were b/w blacks and whites in the 1950's. Very interesting book but it follows two lives ... Which eventually meet up and it all makes sense. I'm going through the book for the second time now and it's all finally starting to sink in ...

"Did you know ... you can have intercourse on Saturday and get pregnant on Monday?? Don't know how? ASK!"

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't beat fantasy- right now I'm reading a selection of books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Good fun fantasy, although not too gritty. Best to read when you're in the mood for something light.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballgrlie17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaah, books. I love to read
Here are some of my favorites...
  • Bridget Jones's Diary - Omg, I love this book! I saw it at Barnes and Noble this summer and thought it looked good. I totally fell in love with the character! It's such a funny book. The sequel "Bridget Jones: The edge of reason" is also very good
  • The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan - I actually started the read this book for a school report but I ended up really liking it! It's by the same author as "The Joy Luck Club" so it's similar to that. Like all of Tan's other books, it is about Chinese-American families, mostly the relationship between mothers and daughters (or in this case, sisters). This book also has an element of the supernatural to it as well.
  • Summer Sisters by Judy Blume - Good book, very funny but also very sad at times. Every girl has had a friendship like this at some point.
  • Chicken Soup! - [i] These books are really sweet and inspiring

*Love always,

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way,that some poems don't rhyme and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." ~Gilda Radner

Posts: 28 | From: Mass. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • lucina
    Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    favorite books
    the story of the eye - georges bataille
    my mother, madame edwarda, and the dead man - georges bataille
    encyclopedia acephale - bataille
    georges bataille is god, i tell you! his books are visceral, violent, perverse, disturbing, and not for the squeamish. the story of the eye may be the better known for its graphic descriptions, but 'my mother' is the most emotionally disturbing one. i wish i could write like georges bataille. i love him to pieces.
    the lover - marguerite duras
    the north china lover - marguerite duras
    *she is lovely*

also moravia, nin, miller, genet, ionesco, jg ballard, 'madame bovary' by flaubert, 'bonjour tristesse' by francoise sagan . . . oh so many

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    D.H. Lawrence = cool.

I read much. In fact, I'm a classic literature junkie. The Bronte books have been read over here so many times that they've pretty much fallen apart. Hawthorne, Dickens, Poe, Henry James and Jules Verne are my friends.

I like lit from Hemingway and Fitzgerald too, and Kurt Vonnegut and :: sniffle sniffle :: Douglas Adams wrote some pretty cool stuff.

As for slightly newer books...umm, funny, I can't think of any. Well, if you haven't read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, you could possibly be missing out Oh, and another McCullough book--The Thorn Birds--is highly recommended.

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
    I'm currently rereading "The Great War: American Front" by Harry Turtledove. He is a great writer of alternative history
    Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Oh my, oh my! I found "Becoming Anna" a wonderfully-fantabulous book. It's about a teenager whose parents send her to a mental institution, because they don't want her anymore. (It's a true story... written by her when she was 16 I believe, after she got out of the hospital.) She tells of the horrors of living in a psychiatric hospital and how poorly they treated her... It goes into wonderful detail of how she was feeling throughout all this. I suggest it to EVERYONE! I'm sorry I don't remember the author's last name. The book belongs to my friend, so I can't go look it up.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Beppie, how 'bout gay fantasy? I just finished the third book in Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series (starts with Luck In The Shadows), and quite liked it.
    Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Crap. Double post.

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 05-26-2001).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Hey, just a quick question...
    What is I Was a Teenage Fairy about? I just got it from the library yesterday, and I'm not sure whether or not it's my kind of book... Thanks!

Posts: 18 | From: Worthington, Oh | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Anything by a man named Neil Gaiman. He has three novels out currently, "Stardust", "Neverwhere", and "Good Omens". The latter of the three was co-written with Terry Pratchett. He has several short story compilation books, and is coming out with a new novel this June, "American Gods". He's fantabulous, whimsical, wonderful...oh, hell, I'm in love with the guy.

Also Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, Diane Duane, George Orwell, J.K. Rowling, and many others are favorite authors of mine.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my 'ead.

------------------ angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
    "Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
    -Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I'm a total book-geek. Here are a few of my faves:

Christopher Brookmyre: Small Scottish author, only done 5 books (but new one out in October). If you have time read the Jack Parlablane books in order, but as one-offs 'Not The End of The World' and 'One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night' are great reads. Sorry for sounding like an advert, but he's really good and deserves to be well read.
    Other than that:
    Iain Banks/Iain M Banks (same guy, just uses two names)
    Terry Pratchett
    Robert Rankin
    John Grisham
    Bernard Cornwell
    And a ton of others...

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giggeler247     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    OMG! i love to read!!

I love Judy Blume!!! she is my favorit!! she ahs writen many books, but i do have some favorits.

*Summer Sisters
    By: Judy blume
    By:judy blume
    *The Watsons got to bitmingham, 1963 By:Curtis
    *Poopy. (and all the sequals)
    *Make lemonade
    By: Wolff
    *Bat 6
    *Staying fat for Sarah Byrnes
    By: Crutcher
    Have fun reading!!!

Posts: 17 | From: West Linn, Oregon, 97068 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    hey pixie, thanks for this post! i am also a total bookworm,
    I loved angela's ashes and tis also. Did you really his brother's 2 books
    a monk swimming and singing his him song (it's something like that)
    I hated the hobbit books! i don't know why! we had to read it in school and i really fell asleep! I love the chicken soup books.
    I will have to read everyone elses favs!
    Some of mine are (i have kinda weird taste)
    the china garden
    the brethren
    boys lie
    harry potter
    the dark garden
    i like the books by lurlene mcdaniel, i don't know why (it's one of my guilty pleasures)
    i just finished reading Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler. I found it really interesting.
    I am so glad i found this cause its summer and i need some books to read!

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 4174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fille_Douce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I'll jump on the Summer Sisters bandwagon, because it really is great, especially this time of year. I know tons of people who love it, and even though it's kind of long, it's easy to read. Other than that, my favorite book ever is The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery), which is both short and wonderful. I like all those old girly books, like Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte), Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen), Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte), Lorna Doone (R.D. Blackmore), and Rose in Bloom (Louisa May Alcott), too.
    Posts: 12 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    The Beast Reawakens-book about what happened to all of the nazis after ww2, and the resurgence of aryan crap.

Communist Manifesto-:^)

The Life and Death of Andy Warhol-one of the most interesting men of our century

Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life-amazing book

Mao 2- Don Delillo(sp?) is so amazing with detail

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    John Doe
    Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Good books, well I have a few to suggest, I would echo those that suggest Tolkien's Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia are also good if you like that style of book as are the Harry potter books. Kurt Vonnegut is always a fun read. I would also suggest Mark Twain, particularly Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer. I recently read a great book called Return to Innocence by Gary Frazier. I don't think it is available in every B&N, but it is available through Amazon (ISBN 0967I34-0-5). If people like John Grisham type legal thrillers, they will absolutely love this one. The subject matter is a bit on the dark side (it deals with a man accused of sexually abusing a 13 yo boy) but it is a very compelling read.
    Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
    Any Science Fiction by Robert J. Sawyer. Sawyer's SF is very people-oriented (even if the people are sometimes not human) and is designed to raise issues that make one think.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 06-20-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Douglas Adams is always good if you don't mind a little science fiction mixed with British humor.

This week's book list for me will be:
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, the fourth Hitchhiker's Trilogy book.
    After that, 21st Century Wicca (or something like that anyway).
    Or this could turn into next week's book list, depending on when Amazon gets into gear and ships my books.

I'm a huge sci-fi dork. I've got one whole shelf of Star Trek novels alone, and another with various other fantasy and sci-fi books. I have to throw some good non-fiction in once in a while, too. But I can't think of what I've read lately that was really good...

I just peered over at the bookshelf and realized I still haven't finished Carl Sagan's "Contact". The part I have read so far though is excellent. Pick it up, it's better than the movie!

[This message has been edited by Shadowhawk (edited 06-23-2001).]

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    on books i read margaret weis&tracy hickman's death gate cycle,dragonlance chronicles and the legends trilogy and anything by r.a salvatore

Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
    Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Posts: 17 | From: Rolla,Mo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 4310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissThang2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    first off how old are you? i know im a youngin (only 14) and the books i read are books my aunt bought and read and tells me are good. aas for my favorites...ANYTHING by omar tyree! hes sooo awesome

flyy girl---omar tyree

for the love of money-omar tyree (continuation of tracey's life in flyy girl...)

sweet st. louis--omar tyree

a do right man---omar tyree...this was a little more grown up for me when i read it because i read it when i was 12 or 13 but its an amazing book as all of his books...u should pick on up! u wont be able to put it me!

-perfection is a myth- with 5 exceptions...*NSYNC....

[This message has been edited by MissThang2004 (edited 06-27-2001).]

Posts: 20 | From: woodbridge, va, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Dead Dog
    Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    ooooh, goodie, book posts are yummy as pie. let's see...

perfect above all else -- "the girl in the flammable skirt and other stories" by aimee bender. also "an invisible sign of my own." she is simply scrumptious beyond words.

"the hitchhiker's guide" trilogy (all five) by douglas adams, "good omens" by neil gaimen and terry pratchet, and anything else by neil gaimen.

"only begotten daughter" and anything else by james morrow.

"generation x," "shampoo planet," "life after god," and anything else by douglas coupland, the man who coined the term and the attitude of gen-x.

"lolita," "the gift," "invitation to a beheading" and anything else by vladimir nabokov - russian literature at its most breathtakingly beautiful.

"crime and punishment," "the brothers karamazov," and anything else by fyodor dostoevsky - more fantastic russian literature.

for sci-fi/fantasy, try the first five books of the "chronicles of amber" series by roger zelazny (the second five are pretty much crap), the avalon trilogy by marion zimmer bradley, and the merlin trilogy by mary stewart. also try "the psalms of herod" by esther friesner.

"john brown's body" by stephen vincent benet. as well as everything else he wrote. in my opinion, no one can claim to be a true-blooded american until they've read "john brown's body." (j/k)

"ham on rye" and anything else by charles bukowski. **warning**, he is *very* graphic; if you are bothered by crude scenes, you will almost assuredly be offended. that being said - he's an amazing writer.

oh, and that still isn't even to mention julian barnes, anthony burgess, joseph heller, victor hugo, irvine welsh, ernest hemingway, aldous huxley, isaac asimov, ayn rand, anne rice, sylvia plath, anne sexton, gertrude stein, robert anton wilson, susan cooper, d.h. lawrence, and so many others!

i have always looooooved being a bookworm.

make no mistake: i am the queen of the dorks.

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Personnaly, I loved Anne Frank's Diary. It's so true, personnal, yet very close to us even if it happened a long time ago.

Made me see how little importance we give to certain things, and how much we give to others that don't really deserve it.

Also you could read some of the Chicken Soup Series, I loved them, very well done.

Anyway, that's my choice.

- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Scarleteen Volunteer
    Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Communist Manifesto, by Karl Marx? Interesting...

My Side of the Mountain
    By Jean Craighead George

Harry Potter (all 4)
    By J.K. Rowling

The Green Mile
    By Stephen King

First Born
    by Richard Sears

By Homer

To Kill A Mockingbird
    By Harper Lee

Black Beauty
    By Anna Sewell

Jurrasic Park
    By Stephen King

The Vampire Aramand
    By Anne Rice

The Black Stallion and all other books in the series
    By Walter Farley

White Fang
    By Jack London

I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem
    Maryse Condre

Anything about history. I don't remember all of my favorite books, because it is a very extensive list.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
    Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
    "'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door
    Only this, and nothing more."
    --Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.