Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Scarleteen addict!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scarleteen addict!
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, will someone pretty please admit that they spend a disproportionate amount of time on these boards...so I won't feel alone?
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is CrazyGirl, and I'm a Scarleteen-Aholic

No really though. I don't post a whole lot, but I read EVERYTHING! I love you guys!

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
look to your left and you will see that i spend **way** too much time here. 1600 posts! i think the only person with more responses than me is Miz S.

yeah, what can I say, I am a safer sex junkie

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Linnie s fast catching up with Gumdrop and she has only been here since last November. Scary eh?

I spend a minimum of 2 hours on the boards everyday. Not only that, I spend too much time talking on ICQ to all the wonderful Scarleteeners.

God, you couldn't drag me away from Scarleteen if you tried. I love all you guys! *awww*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*stands up*

Hello, my name is Alaska, and I am a Scarleteen addict, too. Gummy, what a lovely term: Safer Sex junkie *lol*
We should have that on T-Shirts, too.

And yes, I love you all, too. *sob sob*

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes yes ... Me too ... Another safer sex junkie

------------------
"Did you know ... you can have intercourse on Saturday and get pregnant on Monday?? Don't know how? ASK!"

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been here much in the the past couple of weeks due to IB and AP exams, not to mention prom also. But here I am , back to my old ways. I love this place. How else would I procrastinate? This is me every day, "I should really go start on calculus homework or at least finish reading about the Yalta conference. Wait, I have to go check the boards to make sure everything's okay." And that 5 minute check turns into an hour or so. Or I'll find some academic reason to get on the computer and then somehow find my way here. Wait until summer comes around when I'm extra board.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at me, I'm here so much that I can't spell "bored". It has to to "board". I'm a scarleteen geek.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am on here a lot. I think i usualy prolly check the posts about 3 times a day, hhha~!

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TEEHEETERS....I'm over 1000 post!! I love Scarleteen. Ever since I found it I have. Its a great website and you get to know different people. Its great! Im almost there. Im catching up to gumdropgirl, Lin, and lilbluesmurf.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And me, glitterati! Congrats to # 1000, should we hold a party or a UBB addict meting instead?

You've come a long way baybeeee!

big fat huggles for you

Alaska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wooh! No doubt about it

<~~Junkie!!

------------------
"nothing's quite the same now - I just say your name now - but it's not so bad - you're only the best I ever had"

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not on here as much as i used to be or as much as i would like to be. but i have been here wuite a bit.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY ALASKA!!! WHODEWHOOOOO!! LOL!! OH MY PEOPLES!! ITS WONDERFUL ISNT IT.

GIVES BIG OL' HUGGINS BACK TO ALASKA!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heeehee....I'm with you all on this one.

I knew I had a problem when I brought along my laptop on my recent 800-mile road trip simply so I could check up on the goings-on at Scarleteen.

(But they say step 1 is recognizing that you have an addiction, right?)

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not an addict.

Really. Ask anyone!

------------------
Sometimes spinach is the only answer

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I check here most days even though I have no direct need of the information given here. I came here for information and reassurance that I was not alone in being confused. I stay for the political debate that I am interested in generally, not just sex related. I must admit that at the height of postings by Baptist I was a real addict. I could not wait to get back online and see his latest outrageous comments. Now there are not quite so many things to debate but there is still plenty of stuff to comment on.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol @ Dan...I wouldn't be surprised if I did that too.

Well, I love you guys! So I think I'll be here for a while

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4/20/01

DefiNaTely, DefINAtelY a Scarleteen addict. I drink mass amounts of Pepsi to keep me awake so I can just read the boards. I can't live without them... I need them. When the Pepsi's gone I turn to coffee with LOADS of caffeine in it so I can be on here 24 hours a day. At school I sneak onto computers just for a dose. I need help. "Hello, my name is Lauren, and I am a Scarleteen addict."

5/23/01
After weeks of rigourous work, I can now say that I am not addicted to Scarleteen anymore. I just hope I can stay strong...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

None of that was true, but I thought it would be fun to write up a fake journal about my struggle with being addicted to Scarleteen, LOL. But really. Scarleteen can be addicting. Everyone here is just so fun... I love it!

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.