Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Techno

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Techno
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm burning a CD for my boyfriend for his birthday and it's going to be an introduction to techno music because he's starting to get into it.

The thing I need help with is the cover of the CD. I need some stuff to stick on it. So far I've thought of laser shows and turn tables.

So, what else reminds you of electronic music?

------------------
Sarcasmic, orgasmic, fantasmic...

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I think of raves. Make a cartoon of a girl with pink hair and lots of colorful, trippy jewellery.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seems typical raver decor involves bright colors and designs done in some 3-d graphics program. really, i think it's getting cliche.

anyway, if it were me, i'd go pretty minimalistic designwise. maybe two or three colors, not fluorescent but bright. and OCR Extended is a great typeface.

think tomato design http://www.tomato.co.uk and http://www.dirty.org

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree with you, Gumdrop. I don't want the cliches and I don't want my cover to be overcrowded. I also thought of just some vinyl records.

Thanks for your input.

Now I just have to decide to put on this album. Hehe, it's going to be fun though. I've been trying to think of what first brought me into the world of techno. Ah, the memories...

------------------
Sarcasmic, orgasmic, fantasmic...

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Jumbo" underworld. or "Dirty Epic," also by underworld, if you have it.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mouse on mars! yum, one of my favourites. mmm . . . don't think they're 'raver' techno, but they're sweet and electronic nonetheless. 'bib,' 'sui shop,' 'yippie' and 'cache coeur naif' are my faves.
the following are neat experimental acts: to rococo rot, tarwater, squarepusher, kraftwerk, chicks on speed, add n to (x), peaches, fuxa, and tortoise!

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever listened to Delerium, or some of those other bands from Front Line Assembly? They are kind of a mix of techno and trance. But my point is, they have the neatest looking CD booklet and case designs. They look very surreal and pretty and mysterious, lots of layers and ancient, almost magickal imagery. So when I think of techno, I see their CD cases in my head. Maybe you could try something of that nature?

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anime, such as, oh, my favorite show ever Gundam.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.