Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Any1 know anything bout hair cuts??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any1 know anything bout hair cuts??
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, yanno how some hair cuts can make you look chubby when you're really not?? Well, does anyone know anything about what hair styles make you look slimmer? I have an oval/heart shaped face and I don't want to get a hair cut that will make me look fat. Does anyone know anything about this topic? Thanks!

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing to do is to discuss it with your hair stylist. They see you in person; they know your hair type and they see the shape of your face. You can tell them what styles you do like and which ones you don't. That way, you can get the style best suited for you face and one in which you're also very comfortable with. Good luck.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well...one thing you could to would be to look through magazines for pictures of people with your facial structure, that have haircuts that make them look good. (ok, that may not have made much sense). if you find a pic you like, you could bring it to your stylist and he or she could hook it up.

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With self confidence, you can get whatever haircut you want because *you* know you look great anyway.
You might want to try reading magazines like Cosmopolitan, Glamour, or Marie Claire because they sometimes have guides with good haircuts for square, heart-shaped, round faces. Since this is what they do all day long, I'd take their advice in the beauty and hair sectors to heart. And go to Scarleteen for advice in the other sectors They know what they're talking about with that, too.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree with the self confidence aspect. Last summer, I went from having long hair (about past shoulder length) to hair short enough to spike in one day. Lemme tell you, what a shock. But it's what I wanted and I liked the way I looked so ... it's still short.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elliej
Neophyte
Member # 3802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elliej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since I don't know you personally, and I don't know what you look like- I can't give you a guaranteed answer. But I also have a heart-shaped face, and I used to have pretty long hair. I got it cut up in stages, and now the longest of it is a couple inches. With the type of cut I gave it, it makes my face look smaller, and gives my whole upper body a certain "petite" look. One thing I noticed about short hari, in case you go in that direction: With long hair, you can wear almos tany kind of shirt- and it still looks good. But with short hair- certain shirts just don't look good on me (and it has nothing to do with weight or anything like that). I cut my hair myself now, and it's a really short messy style- it works well with really thick hair. I don't lik ehow low-cut shirts look on me anymore, but polo shirts really accent my features, etc.

This is a bunch of rambling, basically- but my main advice here is to do anything you want to do, but do it in stages. Don't do drastic right away (unless that's something you like to do). Also, experiment. Once you change your hair, you may want to change alot of other stuff too.

Do whatever you like, but experimentation is the key. Everyone is different, and what works on one person may not work so well on the next.

------------------
"I don't drink soda. The carbonation is bad for you," he said, as he took a drag off his cigarette.

Posts: 1 | From: Green Bay, WI, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.