Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Boy shy or what??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boy shy or what??
StarlitCAT
Neophyte
Member # 2766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitCAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime i know a guy likes me .. i always hide away and try to ignore him. Like this recent case, its the same all the TIME. and for some reason when im around boys i dont get as much fun as when im around my girl- friends.. i always feel this amount of pressure. And it comes out of no where! and i cant help it and dont know why its happeneing. And sometimes im also agressive with them for no particular reason. and just act dull and totaly different! anyone have same problem? it is normal? why am i acting like this?
Posts: 38 | From: NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't state your age but, if you're in early adolescence, it's probably normal. Young men and women can find each other very mysterious and difficult to understand. They can also have a difficult time coping with their feelings. There is no rush here. Let your feelings develop at thier own pace.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitCAT
Neophyte
Member # 2766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitCAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 16.. yes but i noticed this b/c the rest of my freinds are fine and i never met anyone like that.. and it just makes me think im wierd.
Posts: 38 | From: NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
I was very girl-shy until I went to college. People develop at their own individual speed. In many ways, I still am girl-shy though I've been living with the same woman for 22 years.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-12-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's totally normal to be shy when it comes to the opposite sex. Bobolink is right b/c people do develop their own speed. Don't worry about it hun , you're normal.
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.