Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Favourite TV Shows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this might have been posted before, but I am new so I am not sure. I looked but didn't see any post like this. well anyways.

I was wondering what everyone is watching nowadays. So everyone what's ur fav. tv show when you actually have the time to watch. (Which in my cause is almost never)

My favourite tv show(s)are.. (a little weird)
charmed- it on wb, it's about the 3 sisters that are witches. (why do i like it.. i have no clue)
gilmore girls-which is also on the wb, its about this mother and daughter. the mother had the daughter when she was 16, and now the daughter is 16. (it's a cute show)
roswell-is on wb too. its about this teenagers that are aliens that came to earth during that 1940-1950s thing in roswell new mexico. ( i like it because of the character micheal who is played by brandan fehr)
trauma life in the er-its on tlc and it follows doctors that work in the e.r.(i love this cause i want be a e.r. doctor.)
er- i totally forgot to add this(i like as stated above and its a good show)

Well so i want to hear what your favourite shows are!!!

------------------
Cate!

[This message has been edited by Cate (edited 05-09-2001).]

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clav
Activist
Member # 678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Favourite TV shows? Too many to list! Here are a few of mine:

Buffy/Angel - far too good to miss. Ever.
The West Wing - I like politics, especially as it's interesting seeing how other countries portray their government/bring up some points about government rulings
Dawsons Creek
ER
Mmm.. these are all US shows. Better try to give the UK a chance
Red Dwarf - The UK versions is one of the funniest shows (sit-com?) around (haven't seen the US version, can't comment)
Attention Scum! - comedy sketch show.
Have I Got News For You - comedy quiz based on currnet news. I've been to it being filmed a couple of times
SO Graham Norton - comedy chat show

I see a trend: the US do better drama-type shows, the UK do better comedy (believe me, I haven't listed anywhere near as many UK comedies as I could)

Posts: 54 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch TV all that much, but when I do I like:

FRIENDS all the way, baby!!! I really love that show. I love Rachel and her clothes and hair.

I also like ER, I like the drama. It feels like im in the show. Its so real. Great show!

King of Queens. Its just a funny show. My mom and I watch that together on Mondays, if were home.

I think that about it.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. X-Files. Mulder and Scully = yummy
2. Simpsons. How can one not like them?
3. Futurama. Greatest Show Ever. (Simply put)
4. Ally McBeal. But now that Robert Downey Jr. is going to be not there, I doubt it will be so great.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I love FRIENDS too! That's the best show. I loved Freaks and geeks too, but I think they cancelled it awhile ago. I don't know why I liked it so much, I guess it was just a good show. What else....? That 70s Show, Grounded for Life, Boston Public, the X-files, the Simpsons, the Drew carey show, Spin city, and Lexx (on the sci-fi channel- I guess you have to like science fiction shows to be interested in that one though).

I have weird taste in television. I like Frasier and Seinfeld, but I don't think many people my age watch them anymore.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

[This message has been edited by Lucky1402 (edited 05-09-2001).]

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really watch tv anymore, but I used to. And when I did, they were:
1. FRIENDS! the best show ever.
2. The Simpsons (of course)
3. X-Files
4. Will and Grace

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting to note how many people aren't watching TV anymore. A 100 channel universe and nothing worth watching.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's true Bobo ...

However, I'm not one of them

1. Dawsons Creek

2. Gilmore Girls

3. Spin City

4. Old shows (MASH, Golden Girls, All in the Family ...)

5. A baby story and other medical show type dealies on TLC

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot some...
(i like tv )
will + grace
dark angel
simpsons
friends
i love the discovery health channel
thats it for now but i think i find some more

if any of you are wondering why i watch so much tv, its cause i can't play sports right now because of an injury to my knee.

------------------
Cate!

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
these are the only shows i watch, and they are my favorites (in order by time slot):

The Simpsons
Malcolm in the Middle
XFiles
Whose Line is it Anyway?

and sometimes my sister sends me tapes of Battlebots and South Park.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buffy and Angel. Wednesdays are the holy evening for me.

I also like ER, The Simpsons, Futurama, and the X-Files (but I don't watch religiously). And BBC programs: Castaway 2000 (better than any pseudo reality TV show) and the series about the Human Body. I like scientific/educational shows if they are not too basic.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was a Survivor junkie...now that it is finished I am going through withdrawal!

Other than that, I really don't have a show I watch regularly. I think it's amusing out here how we have 86 channels, and only 27 are in English! I am going to have to start learning foreign languages in order to get some quality television

------------------
"Unit 11A to Station, do we know what's behind Door Number One?"

BruinDan's Blog!

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

My all time favorite TV show is:

THE X-FILES!!!

I also enjoy Backberner.

We get to see Mulders return tonight too! Yay!

Winnie (who can't wait to see mulder and scully back together)

------------------
Keeper of:
Scully's bra (EA)
Mulders Wheelchair (SE)
Scene where S tells Sk she's pregnant. (Req)
Scully's green suede jacket (Unn)

Member of GAWS

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love these "what's your favourite XXX" topics.

I adore Buffy. And I'm going to get to watch Angel for the first time tonight. I'm really excited about that.

Friends. I have been an addict for years.

The Practice. Although watching them win almost all their cases is getting a little too unreal. But Dylan McDermott. Ooh La La!

I basically watch alot of TV. And I watch almost anything. Dramas, sitcoms, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, cartoons, movies. Anything and everything. I'm a real couch potato.

And I am waiting excitedly for Survivor 3! I'm pathetic.

------------------
Want More Lin?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In no particular order:

- ER
- The X-Files
- The Simpsons

I don't watch much TV, really. If I am sitting in front of the TV and channel surfing, though (which is rare), I also like the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and old Xena reruns.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Buffy TVS and Angel are both excellent. The plots are always imaginative, and they are shot amazingly well for Television shows.

I've also been known to watch Martial Law (Hangs head, in confession of a guilty pleasure)

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have very much time to watch TV so I never watch shows that I don't absolutely love. Next to the shows, I'll list who in the show I think is really hot.
-X-Files(Gillian Anderson)
-The Practice(Camryn Manheim, Dylan McDermott)
-ER(Julianna Margulies-she was my first girlcrush ever and she's off the show , Alex Kingston)
-Once and Again(Sela Ward-even my mom thinks she's hot)
------------------
Limes Are Sublime

[This message has been edited by PoetgirlNY (edited 05-10-2001).]

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boot Camp - going into the exciting part

Buffy - way too good to miss this year's final episode

That 70's Show - watch it sometimes if it's on

I guess that's it, I don't really watch TV.
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter_gurl15
Neophyte
Member # 3713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter_gurl15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mainly just watch what evers on TV but these shows I often watch.

buffy
survivor
angel
charmed
friends

so yep!
otherwise I just watch what evers on the telly!

------------------
feel free ta chat with me! on MSN Messenger
madeline_bb@hotmail.com

Posts: 3 | From: The Beach! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't really watch tv... partially because i don't have that much time, and second of all, so much crap is on tv today. the only thing that i watch once in a while are the alternative shows on mtv2....

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

[This message has been edited by lostcat (edited 05-13-2001).]

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Guys & a Girl - Wednesday's @ 8:30 on ABC (next week is Season Finale)

The Andy Dick Show

The Real World

Friends

The Sopranos

American High

------------------
"So you sailed away into a grey sky morning - now I'm here to stay - love can be so boring - nothing's quite the same now - I just say your name now - but it's not so bad - you're only the best I ever had"

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mostly a fan of news programming. Outside of that, I like the West Wing and Law & Order from the U.S. Outta this country I enjoy This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Undercurrents (which is sadly cancelled next season).

Also, if I can corrupt this thread ever so slightly, on the radio I enjoy the overnight programming on the CBC's stations. Brave New Waves and Radio Escapade are often great. Finally, from Vermont, I pick up National Public Radio which has given me new hope for American culture. This American Life is on most stations on weekends, and it is amazing.

------------------
When you get off work tonight, meet me at the construction site, and we'll write some notes to tape to the heavy machines, like "We hope they treat you well. Hope you don't work too hard. We hope you get to be happy sometimes."
-the Weakerthans

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, let's see...I thoroughly enjoy Boston Public (both of my parents are teachers, so if I'm home on a Monday night, we get to sit down and watch it together). The Simpsons when I can. Futurama when I catch it (Best Show Ever!), Malcolm in the Middle. Crocodile Hunter (we're waiting for him to die...). Law&Order (something I JUST got into...) And I think that's it.

As far as radio (with a nod to Dzunnmod), I go for CFCR 90.5 FM, with the Swing Shift and Green Eggs and Ham. It's the only alternative I have to the 5 local "Rawlco radio stations". Grrr...Rawlco...

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The shows I watch *religiously* are Buffy & Angel (brilliant duo that have the worst rep..."The Body" better get a bloody Emmy, or there'll be hell to pay!), The Lone Gunmen (X-Files spin off, funny as hell) and The X-Files. And, when MTV is actually *airing* it (they show about seven episodes every six months) Daria.

When I *can*, which isn't all the time, I watch Boston Public, The Simpsons, Malcom in the Middle, Whose Line is it Anyway?, Drew Carey, and a bunch of others I'm forgetting. I used to be a TV junkie, but it was taking up too much of my time, so all those shows that I used to watch I can now only catch once in awhile. *pout* Don't get me wrong, I'm a bookworm, but sometimes I get so stressed and tv can be a lovely escape.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide." -Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely love FRIENDS! I also loved 90210 when it was on. Other than that I watch Who's Line is it Anyway?, ER, Ed, Young and the Restless, Days of Our Lives, CSI, Nash Bridges, and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. I love my TV!
Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh! goody! fun thread. ;]

I try not to just watch tv, I try to only watch specific shows and stick to that, so right now, my shows are (in no particular order):

-The Simpsons

-Malcolm in the Middle

-The Weakest Link

-X-Files

-and those stupid newsmagazine shows like Dateline and 20/20 *I know, they're dumb, but for some reason, I like them*

The Weakest Link is the best game show ever. and I NEVER use superlatives .

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely, lovely topic.

My absolute all-time favorite TV show ever is KIDS IN THE HALL!! But that was cancelled a couple of years ago. It's hilarious. Saturday Night Live isn't bad, but it used to be better.

The X-Files, of course, is classic and I love to curl up on Sunday nights with my boyfriend and explain to him what's going on with the weird recurring characters (I've been a die-hard fan since day one).

Other good television fare is:

Politically Correct
Two Guys and a Girl
That 70's Show

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also a TV watcher.

Here are the shows I never miss:

Boston Public
That 70's Show
Buffy
Angel
Gilmor Girls
Star Trek and all its spin offs
(I am going to SO miss Voyageur. When the other shows ended -STNG & DS9- they had another show already started to ease the pain, but not this time. There will be a new show starting in September but I like it when I get weaned off one while learning about a new one. This is all too suddent for me!)

I've been watching Boot Camp. Don't know why I got hooked on this show and not Survivor, but I did.

------------------
Louise Lalonde
-Scarleteen Sexpert & Volunteer du Jour

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
South Park, bay-be!

And uh...uh...uh...TV Funhouse - that deliciously perverted and utterly twisted show about animals who uh...do stuff.

Red Dwarf!

Futurama/Simpsons! I love those guys!

I kinda like BattleBots, too. Been considering making my own, but the radio side of it aint my thing.

------------------
This mind intentionally left blank

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch TV much, not owning one, but there are a few shows that I like very much and manage to watch in one form or another.

Daria- The best TV show there is, in my opinion. Daria is my hero

South Park- For it's deep and meaningful comments on the harrows of modern life, of course.

The Simpsons- Self Explanatory.

I also like Seinfeld quite a bit, even though Jerry could never act.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte
Member # 3780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am all for the simpsons! and gilmore girls!

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

Posts: 20 | From: crystal lake il. USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charming_girl
Neophyte
Member # 8073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charming_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Favs are:
Gilmore Girls
Buffy/Angel
The West Wing
Dawson's Creek
Friends
Dark Angel
Alias

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 14 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My top five fav shows would have to be:

1.Friends
2.Sabrina
3.Charmed
4.Drew Carey Show
5.X-files

These are in no particular order.

Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like some of the same shows that people already listed, ( friends)

One of my favorites is cops, I also like the ricky lake show, and i used to watch 7th heaven a lot..

I don't have a lot of time to watch tv anymore.

------------------

*****@nna-Christine*****

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUFFY BUFFY BUFFY AND MORE BUFFY!!!!

God I love those shows. I love Angel too but not as much as Buffy. They are so intelligently written and designed shows they blow me away. Everyone of the actors are just brilliant(especially Sarah and Alyson)

In short, they are masterpieces!!!!

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.