Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I am rubber, you are glue...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am rubber, you are glue...
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever really thought about that saying?

"I am rubber, you are glue; Whatever you bounces off me and sticks to you."

It's true in many situations. When you tell a lie about someone having, say, snuck out of their house - that person may get in trouble for a little while, but the truth almost always finds its way out.... And then YOU'RE the one in the sticky situation.

But what I wanted to touch on was that when you do something good for someone, that comment or feeling always come back to you in some way. If you tell one of your friends how nice and funny they are, chances are that they'll remember it and return it in its own way later. Maybe they'll take you out to lunch when you're having a bad day or spend extra time with you when you're feeling lonely. No matter how, in some way that feeling will be returned wether it be in the goodness you feel in yourself, a thank you note, or a compliment.

Think about how much one person's compliment can change your day... I know that I end up smiling for at least ten minutes when someone truly compliments me, and my mood picks up. You can make someone's day happier by simply complimenting them, congratulating them, or commenting on one of their works. Without support and encouragement, we're likely to feel down, so cheer someone up today!

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a really good post. I always try to be positive and say nice stuff about people. I know it feels great when people do the same for me.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true. I thoroughly enjoy giving and receiving compliments. Life's short-- appreciate people!

------------------
"So you sailed away into a grey sky morning - now I'm here to stay - love can be so boring - nothing's quite the same now - I just say your name now - but it's not so bad - you're only the best I ever had"

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shoosh
Neophyte
Member # 3830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mary: Just wanted to say thanks for the site; it's great! And that was cool... I liked that idea of "i'm rubber, you're glue..." it made a lot of sense!
Posts: 18 | From: Worthington, Oh | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.