Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Pets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pets
Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Skyler is a cream and fawn Chihuahua and the love of my life. Seriously, I love him like a member of my family. He goes just about everywhere with me and everyone in my town knows him by name. I really can't explain how much he means to me.

I'm sure other people out there have pets like mine. Well, maybe not just like mine. Skyler is kind of special. LOL! I got the name Skyler off this website somewhere. Someone had the name Skyler on their signature. Don't remember who though.

Here's Skyler's webpage... http://www.geocities.com/melea_marie/Skyler.html

My webpage is on there too. I'm still working on it though. I will try to get Skyler's other pictures up sometime later on today so come back and see them!

------------------
~*Melea*~

Hugs and Kisses forever and always. xoxoxo

Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Skyler's so sweet! That's a great picture.

Back home I've got border collie named Mercy. We're very close. We used to do everything together... She was very smart and I taught her bunches of things, we walked everywhere we could and played Frisbee for hours and won bunches of ribbons at Agility (though not many actually qualifying scores...we're both on the undisciplined side). She slept with me every night.

I also have a kitty, Seeker. There's another cat that doesn't care for me quite as much (Oracle), and an angora bunny, Dreamer, who's very cuddly. Then there are the chickens. Chickens don't live terribly long, and I've loved and lost quite a few in the eight years that we've had them. The only ones that I'm really close to that are still alive now are Autumn and Zoey, but there are a lot more and they're all sweeties.

I miss all the critters so much. I wish I could afford to go home this summer.

Here I have some rats. They're so cute... and they're good college pets... nocturnal, willing to eat anything!
http://www.nbtsc.org/julieclipse/pets.html

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, Skyler's so adorable! I love chihuahuas- their so small and lovable. But my parents won't let me get any indoors animals like cats and dogs. And Eclipse, your rats are divine. Very cute, also.

I used to have a hamster (which lacked a real name), but she died sometime in October. But she really was alot of fun- very active though, it was often hard to contain her. Right now I have two rabbits (Gabby and Gabbit. One bites and the other one is afraid of people, but what can you do?). They don't do much at the very least. I have a dog, Bear, who is a lab/beagle mix. She's really old, but she's still a good dog. I can't say that she's too much fun to play with though, since she can't sit still and she's always muddy.

But I love all my little animals.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalledFollower
Neophyte
Member # 3781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalledFollower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pets are so cool!!! I have a 100% full blooded German Shepard and he is just so cool. He is a really close friend, and well a member of the family. He has his own part of our couch, and his own rug to lay on on our porch. He is very protective over me and my sister, and just a great dog.

I also have 3 cats. They are all really cool, but one is kkinda overweight, one is lossing his hair, and the other is like a tooth pick.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've got a goldfish. his name is Fluffy. you can read his thread in Village People.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had cats all my life (one used to sleep on my mum's belly when she was pregnant with me), and currently have two little kittens of my own. I posted a thread in Village People on them, where I incorrectly stated that they were girls. I'm not *that* ignorant of cat anatomy, it's just that the previous owner had thought they were girls, and I couldn't srop them running around long enough to check. They're as yet unnamed, due to the above problem, but they're my babies, and I love them to bits. One's orange, like Eclipse's cats, and the other one's a sleek little black thing, with little bits of white. I'd love any name suggestions!
http://members.nettrash.com/milke/girls.jpg
Even the image file's mislabelled now!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a big fat whit persian cat called Monty who my friends are convinced is a rug since he does not move much. I have a snake called Bertha who is lovely and about as friendly as a snake can be. There are 3 fish, Satsuma and Tangerin in my bedroom, and Mr Fishy downstairs in his own tank as he is a very very crueal and heartless fish who enjoys beating other fish to death. And then there are my five hamsters who make my room stink to high heaven.
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Buttercup, the male kitty. i didn't know it was a boy when i got him, considering when i was little i thought all cats were girls and all dogs were boys.

he's orange and white and little but not too much, and his original owner had kicked him out in SUNY Farmingdale's college campus where one of my relatives worked. i was a little girl and buttercup was the only one of all the animals the guy let out that would let me pet him. so i took him home, 8 years ago...he's my baby!! aww yey!

*justine*

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.