Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » prom nite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prom nite
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey everyone, i had my senior prom last nite, i didn't go last year so i was really looking forward to going this year with ryan.
well, it turned out great! ryan and i had so much fun dancing and everything and i had an after prom camp out. so much fun... though the 5 hours of dinner and dancing at the party center flew by like nothing! it went so fast! but that just makes me look forward to going to his prom next month!

so what about you guys? tell me about your prom or your plans!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
honestly, i've never quite understood why people put so much money, time, and concern into prom. i went to mine, but it was just another night, i wore a dress that i had worn in my aunt's wedding a few months before, and shoes that i bought at a secondhand store. we rode to the prom in my boyfriend's jetta, and had dinner at a nice place, but it wasn't anything spectacular. (or spectacularly expensive)

to me, prom has always just seemed like some big silent competition between people.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My prom was April 28, 2001

quote:
Well prom was saturday and it was boring but so much fun!

My date--we went as friends--picked me up around sixish. Took lots of pictures and left in a big hurry for dinner. We ate at Yai Yai's which is a $$$ place. Two other couples were with use and the dinner convotaion was...er...interesting. They guys talked about sex must of the dinner but us girls just started on own convo. Then we did a quick pit stop and headed to the dance.

It was soooooo much fun! Wow! I saw a whole bunch of my friends and stuff. Dance the whole time. Didn't sit down once, well I did three times but a total of five mintues all together. I boogie with 5 differant guy friends and with a whole bunch of girl friends. If I could I'd do it all over!

After prom my curfew was 1:00 clock and prom was over at 11 so we stopped at a after party. We only stayed for a few minutes because they we're shutting it down because it was to crowded or there was going to be a fight or something. Then, we went to this one girls house for a few minutes and left and took me home after that.

I had alot of fun! I was so pretty. I had a beautiful white dress. I wish I could post a picture.

My date was a real gentalman. He opened the door for me, helped me out of the car and even fed me at the resturant so I wouldn't spill anything on my dress.

That was that night and it was awsome!

*note* I just copied this from my village people file. Didn't feel like retyping

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i went to my senior prom. it was okay. my date went to a different high school. I snagged him at the county Science Bowl 'cause I'm a geek like that. anyway, we went to prom. we danced. my friends didn't like him. oh well. neither did i. not like that, anyway. broke the poor boy's heart. *sigh* we sat outside and watched the stars. i'm a bio geek, but he's all physics and astronomy, so he was pointing out constellations and stuff. it was cool. then prom ended and i drove him home. he lives about 50 miles away from me. highways are creepy at 3 in the morning.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.