Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Getting a hair cut? Read this first

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting a hair cut? Read this first
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are any of you thinking of getting a hair cut? Go to this site first!http://www.locksoflove.org

Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey my BBF donated over 13in of hair of hers to there. she has hair just like Felicity, and when Felicity cut her hair short, so did annie-my bbf- it was so cool and i plan on growing my hair out and donating it.
Abby

------------------
When a player makes a play, hes considerd a pro; when a girl take a turn shes considerd a hoe

watch out i spell like a 2nd grader!!

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Getting a hair cut?"

Why would someone only cut ONE hair? I don't understand... Wouldn't they want to cut ALL of them? LOL.

My hair used to be about an 1 1\2 inches long, and I decided to grow it out after hearing about locks of love. So it grew, and it grew, but it got to the point where it was ALWAYS in my way, ALWAYS bugging me, and it took so long to do it in the morning (I have very thick hair), and I remembered why I cut it off in the first place. So I cut it short again (not AS short as before, but it's still short). But I would definately recommend someone who has the willpower and patience to grow out there hair to do it and cut it off for locks of love. You could really change someone's life .

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I got my hair cut off (as in short enough to spike now) I asked about it, but my hair wasn't long enough. That sucked.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo! I'm doing that this summer! I have at least 10 inches already, but I need to grow it out more than that because I still have to be able to put my hair in a bun for dance, so it'll be a little longer before I can get it cut.

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah actually i have done this before and i am planning on doing it again!
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have over a meter of thick black hair that i don't really need, but when i am ready to part with it, i will send it to those kiddies

haven't gotten around to chopping it off 'cause i'll look like a pumpkinhead with short hair.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well atm im growing my hair for my yr 10 formal.. i know its like two years away but i want really long hair for it so i can do wateva i want with it for it. if that makes sense.
its 17 inches long about and big and fluffy and i lveo it but after my formal ill cut it off then. do u know if theres n e where like that in australia that i can donate it to ?? id feel so good about it and it would be so much better than wasting it!! does it matter if its dyed??

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend is planning to cut her hair for locks of love too. I was too but my hair just doesn't seem to want to grow! I think locks of love is a GREAT program!
Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Yes it is a great program!
Claire send an email to Locks of Love i don't know if they have anything like Locks of Love in Australia but Locks of Love should know . But i bet locks of love will take your hair even though you live in Australia lol just mail it to them.

[This message has been edited by Rachel (edited 05-05-2001).]

Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my family would think i was crazy mailing my hair to america!!
and not to mention my friends.
but ive got a couple of years to go to the formal andi want it really long.. like waist length so u know
ta
Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.