Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What's happening around college

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's happening around college
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently, I have been working out in the weight room and just doing my own work in college including some homework and classwork but these days I see a lot of girls looking at me and smiling back. Some keep on glancing at me and then looking away and then doing it again and again.

I think some are interested but I don't understand why they don't come up to talk to me ?

Is it like approaching a stranger you don't know but are attracted to ?

And would MOST of you agree that if you find someone you like physically ( facial and body ), does that make you feel shy to talk to him ?
I mean, how would you react ?

curious,

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know if I myself find someone attrective phycailly, i am VERY shy about talking to them. but if it is someones personallity i am atrected too, then i am not shy at all i will tell them strait in the eye and tell them i think they are hott. well thats just me, i hope i could help
Abby

------------------
When a player makes a play, hes considerd a pro; when a girl take a turn shes considerd a hoe

watch out i spell like a 2nd grader!!

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They might be shy anyway. They might be shy because they're attracted to you. They might be looking for you at reasons other than being attracted to you. They might think it's weird to strike up conversations with complete strangers.

Why don't you make the first move and say hi to them when you catch them looking?

------------------
To the rational mind there can be no offense, no obscenity, no blasphemy, but only information of greater or lesser value.
-- Jennifer Diane Reitz

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get shy, I just smile when someone catches my eye. They usually give a friendly smile back. Besides, just because I find someone attractive, it doesn't mean I want to pursue a relationship. Next time, give them a smile or say hello.

BTW, haven't you made posts similar to this one, antonio?

Is she trying to check me out ?
Is it true that women ....?
When a woman sees a hot guy...

------------------
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

[This message has been edited by SlowCookie (edited 05-02-2001).]

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks everyone.

and yeah I think I made posts similar to this one but whether they're shy or not, I completely don't know so that's why I ask.

abby and lynn.. thansk for your input too. I'll keep in mind whether the girls are shy or not. However, I have sparked conversations with them and it turned out rather well. Though, I could tell we all were shy.

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.