Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Top 5 Songs About Masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 5 Songs About Masturbation
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Semisonic last night, and Dan Wilson introduced this one song as a "wanking anthem." very cool. So in the spirit of Semisonic and the movie High Fidelity, I'd like to see your Top 5 songs about Masturbation.

5. "Get a Grip" Semisonic
4. "Grand Prix" Penelope Houston
3. "I Touch Myself" the Divinyls
2. "Basketcase" Green Day
1. "All I Have to do is Dream" the Everly Brothers (aww, stop it, you *know* that's what it's about!)

Now go get yourself a bowl of Corn Flakes, crank the volume on your stereo and enjoy

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I don't know about five, but I have one: "Good vibrations". No wonder the song's been around for so long... An oldie but definately a goodie .

By the way, wonderful topic! LOL.

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hee! Nice topic. I don't have five (I didn't even know of five songs that were about masturbation up until reading this), but I will mention Tori Amos' "Icicle."
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i can only name one

:blister in the sun: the violent femmes

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think of 5 either. I only have one, and it's not that great. It's really funny though. It's Adam Sandler's "Medium Pace." It's quite disgusting actually, but I think it's pretty funny.

------------------
"Meet me in outer space. We could spend the night..." -Stellar by Incubus

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna say "I Touch Myself" but I thought that was Jann Arden... ?? Oops.

------------------

Go LEAFS Go !!

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the bonus track at the end of the Green Day album (I think it's the one with Basket Case on it - I know it has 'longview' on it)? You know... "I was all by myself..."

------------------
When you get off work tonight, meet me at the construction site, and we'll write some notes to tape to the heavy machines, like "We hope they treat you well. Hope you don't work too hard. We hope you get to be happy sometimes."
-the Weakerthans

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about Turning Japanese?

although i don't think it's very apropriate slang...that song sure has to do with masturbation.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Plushies - "Me and My Vibrator"

I only heard it twice, it is more of a joke song than anything else...but I liked it

--Danny

------------------
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did I miss this?

I am such a geek about these things. And no, five is hardly enough to even tough that specturm, so here does.

You already got the Divinyls one. The rest, in no particular order...

She Bop Cyndi Lauper

The Perfect Kiss New Order

Darling Nikki Prince

Blister in the Sun Violent Femmes

My Ding-a-Ling Chuck Berry

Seether Veruca Salt

Pictures of Lily The Who

St. Swithin's Day Billy Bragg

Strokin' Clarence Carter

Be My Girl The Police

I'm Bored Iggy Pop

Do it one Time for Me The Reverend Horton Heat

Longview Green Day (since you asked....)

That's my list for now. Ah, to be a music and a sex geek. Hee.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlett, I have Seether on my Napster files and I had no idea what it was about. My dad's favorite band is the Who and I can sing every one of their songs.

Funny, the only song besides "I touch myself" that I thought of was "Blister in the Sun." We tought the seven year olds in our group at the day camp I worked at the words. They sang it all summer...oppsies lol. They loved it.

------------------
"Why do the good girls always want the bad boys?"

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"thinking about you" by radiohead.

i was also thinking of "blister in the sun" and "icicle", but those were already mentioned.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Neophyte
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
has anybody listened to the lyrics of Greenday Longview thats a song devoted to masturbation the chorus is:

Bite my lip and close my eyes
take me away to paradise
im tired and bored im going blind
and i smell like sh~t

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liquid Dreams by O Town...we all know it's about wet dreams!

Digital Get Down by N Sync because that's what cyber sex is...

and Toni Braxton's You're Making Me High.

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Flagpole Sitta" - Harvey Danger
"...run it up the flagpole to see, if someone looks but no-one ever does"

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend's still convinced that Duran Duran's The Reflex is about wanking, and my partner will be very glad that he's not the only one who has suspicions about Blister in the Sun. Seraphim, please, could you explain 'Turning Japanese'? I don't doubt you, but I never paid too much attention to it, as it just seemed like another one of the eighties songs relating to Japanese-ness (like Mr Roboto and Japanese Boy).
Anyway, to the list, though some might stretch it a bit . . .

Samantha Fox - Touch Me - 'You made me feel so good/Made me feel myself'

Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself

Three Dog Night - One (Is The Loneliest Number)

Lots of others from the eighties, too.

And the anti-masturbation song? Sex Shooter, by Apollonia 6 'I need you to pull my trigger, babe/ I can't do it alone'

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double post.

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 05-02-2001).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Turning Japanese" has the "incriminating" lyrics:

"I got your picture/ I got your picture/ I look at it when I'm all by myself/ I got a doctor/ to take your picture/ So I can look at you from inside as well"

and

"No sex, no drugs, no wine no women, no fun no sin no... (i forget after this point)

very much about the idea that he's turning "japanese," a so-perceived prudish culture where all the people don't know how to have fun.

on an aside, i think they've got that wrong, since the japanese have a thriving (and eccentric, from the viewpoint of westerners) sex culture.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-double post-

[This message has been edited by exit seraphim (edited 05-03-2001).]

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

personally...i think the "turning japanese" reference was more about orgasm, not the culture's sexual backgrounds. a stereotype of the way the eyes look when reaching a sexual peak. (or the shape of japanese people's eyes)

-{masturbating to a picture and reaching orgasm}-

I've got your picture/Of me and you/You wrote "I love you"/I love you too/I sit there staring and there's nothing else to do

Oh it's in color/Your hair is brown/Your eyes are hazel/And soft as clouds/I often kiss you when there's no one else around

I've got your picture, I've got your picture/I'd like a million of you over myself/I asked the doctor to take your picture/So I can look at you from inside as well/You've got me turning up and turning down and turning in and turning 'round

----
[i]No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark
Everyone around me is a total stranger
Everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger
Everyone

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"dancing with myself"

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yea! I get to tell my fun story about "I Touch Myself" by The Divinyls. Riot Grrrl New York City, a rocking young feminist collective that I belong to, had an Anti-Valentine's Day Party. In fact, it was only anti- the commercialized heterosexist hallmark card version of it. We're all for love. So to reject mainstream media, we made it an official grrrl-love and self-love fest. I was the lead singer in the house band. So of course . . . we did "I Touch Myself." Even with some minimal choreography- nothing too inappropriate. It was sooooooo much fun. Definitely the most fun I've ever had performing. I'm so sad that I don't really know any of the other masturbation songs named. We could do a whole set of them at the next anti-valentine's day party. Oh yeah, thought of another masturbation song. Not that any of you have ever heard it. It's called "The Roach's Revolt" by Gina Young. She's an indie folk-punk friend of mine who's also in RGNYC. Forgetting my point . . . time to stop talking I guess.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My all-time favorite is "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls. It's kind of an inside joke with me and my friends-NOT LIKE THAT! NOT LIKE THAT!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: All your base are belong to us!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's some breakup song by Weird Al, and it contains the lines,

"I'm standin' all alone/At the gas station of love/and I have to use the self-service pumps!"

Interpret it as you wish.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: All your base are belong to us!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'orgasm addict' by the buzzcocks. also 'amongst women only' by momus.

'For my clumsy butter fingers she abandoned me
And all my brutal masculinity
Now I like to think of her forgetting me utterly
Abandoning herself much more skilfully'

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this song isn't about masturbation, but I think "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears is about sex.. she is asking the guy to hit her one more time, lol

------------------
When all else fails... look up!!!

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwipunch9
Neophyte
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwipunch9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent heard anyone mention Sublime - Caress Me Down! Out of all songs... this one you know has some sexual meaning!
Maybe it's not about wanking, but there were other people who got off subject

"So she told me to come over
And I took that trip
And then she pulled out my mushroom tip
And when it came out it went drip drip drip
I didn't know she had the G.I. Joe kung fu grip
And it went uuh
And the girl caress me down
Uuh that's that lovin' sound
And it went uuh
And the girl caress me down
Uuh that's that lovin' sound"

------------------
"There's an old joke, I just made up. How many of me would it take to screw up your life?" --Ben Folds, Kalamazoo

Posts: 13 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camryn
Activist
Member # 1242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't come up with five either but here's
one (a little sad) by Billy Bragg (St Swithin's Day):

With my own hands
When I make love to your memory
It's not the same
I miss the thunder
I miss the rain
And the fact that you don't understand
Casts a shadow over this land
But the sun still shines from behind it.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, fun!

My dad was the person who taught me that She Bop (Cyndi Lauper) was about masturbation. Looking back on that I am slightly disturbed. Since then I have been telling tons of people, including the boyfriend the other day when we heard it in a movie. He wasn't all that impressed since he didn't know the song... That made me feel OLD! (And he's actually older than me, figure that one out!)

I was going to mention that one and Icicle (Tori Amos)... so instead I will just tell you that although this one isn't ABOUT masturbation there's masturbation IN it...

Precious Things by Tori Amos:

Holding onto his picture
Dressing up every day
...so you can make me cum,
it doesn't make you Jesus.

---

Good angry-day song. *I say as I straighten my halo...*

I haven't listened to that song in a long time and now it's in my head. Doh.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metaline
Neophyte
Member # 4058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for metaline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are my top five:
- Bad Idea - Ben Folds Five
- That Thing You Do -(from the movie)
- I Touch Myself - Divinyls
- Criminal - Fiona Apple
- Little Earthquakes - Tori Amos(it's about orgasms, but c'mon, it counts)

oh, and a local band I know of USED to have a song call Jon's Right Hand. SO much fun.

------------------
->->--Metal--->

Posts: 1 | From: cobourg ontario canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amaranthine
Neophyte
Member # 4243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amaranthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one at the end of the "Dookie" CD by Green Day lol!
Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd have to say that "icicle" by tori amos and "pictures of lily" by the who are my favorites, though i know they've already been mentioned.

if you want to really hear something interesting, try to find a recording of "tea with the waitress," an interview with tori amos on the BBC done just before "under the pink" was released. she and the interviewer discuss the songs on the album, including "icicle," and it is really fascinating to hear her discuss the meaning in the lyrics and her opinions on masturbation and religion.

anyway, it might be hard to find, i'm not sure, i have a bootleg of tori rarities that happens to include it. but if you ever come across that or any other interviews, it's fun to hear her talk about her music...

------------------
make no mistake: i am the queen of the dorks.
http://dead-dog.diaryland.com

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
izziel1923
Neophyte
Member # 4271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izziel1923     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Turning Japanese' is about orgasam, not masturbation, so says Pop-up-Video.

------------------
~*~Sarah~*~
Take my hand and we can fly higher than the stars.

Posts: 27 | From: Asheville, NC - Freak Capitol of the US and proud of it | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.