Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » help with college project

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help with college project
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I didn't know where to post this, so if you want you can move this where it fits better ehhe

My sister is studying Medicine, and she's doing a project (not sure about what specifically), but she asked me to help her find websites that had work done on suicides, like stats, or anything really (as long as it's professional/scientific).

So, if you can help, that would be really great. (I'll try to do some search in search engines, but it's always difficult as hundreds of matches don't match at all with what we're looking for ehhe)

Plus, she's looking for a computer programme called "Health For All". She said it was about health, and I think it should be somewhere freeware, since as I gathered it's common to get it on the net. I did a few searches and nothing came up, so anyone who know something about that, get in touch too

Thanx a lot in advance for all the help !!

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sall, have you checked out http://www.google.com yet? It's the best search engine that's around and comes up with the best results.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Sallynha,

Well suicide is supposedly the 9th leading cause of deaths in the U.S and it accounts for almost 1.4% of deaths.
here are some statistics that i found

-6o% of suicides in men/woman involve a firearm

-less woman then men die by suicide

-white men commit almost 75% of all suicide

if you have aol here is the web site where i found this............ www.Statistics on Suicide: Online Psych

i hope this can help

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mack
Activist
Member # 2322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have the stats for suicide of Japanese teens? I heard they have the greatest number out of all the "civilized" nations. Yet they have no firearms.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.