Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What's your Philosophy on life? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your Philosophy on life?
Member # 8200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herecomestheson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think BruinDan was kind of making a joke of the phrase, not of you. Many people will give off an image of something they'd like to be associated with (Keep in mind I'm not talking about you) but it isn't who they are at all. I've encountered many people who supress themselves to look different in other people's eyes. That's the way I saw BruinDan's comment anyway.

Since this topic is about Philosophy I believe that it's up for debate whether people do this. I think they do. I think there are many people in this world who lie to themselves and others in order to make their lives more bearable. They clutch onto beliefs, viewpoints, idealisms to fill their lives with meaning until the day they die. Many people are born into it too I think, some know deep down that they're devoting themselves to something they don't actually believe in and I think that's a shame. To each their own.

[This message has been edited by herecomestheson (edited 01-27-2003).]

Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygrrl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sorry for the way i reacted I was in an off mood.....sorry about that..i was in a really defensive/weird mood...i apologise.....

this is Babygur13 but i messed with my email address and for some odd reason cant get mail under the other email address

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.