Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Fishies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fishies
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halo!
i was at the easter show tonite and i got two little fishies from an exhibit an di ahve no idea wat to name them
theyre both guys so guys names and i dont really like cute little ones like bubbles and scales and stuff and was wondering if u guy had heard of any kick *** fish names that they might appreciate! if i kepe them alive that long of course.well yeah.
theyre both just normal gold fish.. gold and all
oh well.
appreciate ure help honies Luv ya
Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend had three fish that she kept in a ceramic vase for two years. What's even worse is she fed them goldfish crackers .

I never named my goldfish, because they didn't live very long. I'm not good with fish. But, why not give them people names? I always think it's funny when someone names like, their dog or fish something like Steve.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one day last year me and my two friends bought 15 goldfish. We named them all people name's like Albert, John, Stewart, and funny one's like that. They lasted a week and a half...... so maybe the curse of the people's name is not a good idea.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

[This message has been edited by lilnerd (edited 04-15-2001).]

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I named my goldfish Fluffy and Fluffy is the coolest fish to ever live in a glass bowl.

aside from "Fluffy" I have a tendency to name pets after philosophers. Fluffy had a bowlmate named "Soren" (after Soren Kierkegaard), but Soren died two days later.

Here are some fish names:
Dog
VishnuFish
Sparky
Tallulah
Theodore
Kitty
Biscuit
Phinneas (Fin for short, get it? haha )
Thom Yorke
Santa's Little Helper
Charlie
Frankenstein
Frankenfish
Safeway
Born Slippy
Jumbo
Ewan
Keanu
Devi (means "goddess" in Sanskrit)
Akira
Maki Maki
Sushi
Sashimi
Nigriri (the above 4 are words found on a sushi menu)
Pumpkin
Jose
Sancho
Darwin

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theo and Riley

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ted N Terry. My mom and I used to have little baby froggys named Ted N Terry, Ted died and so I set Terry free. I cryed when Ted died and when I had to let Terry go, the were such good froggys.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe!
When my brother girlfriend got a kitten he told us some of the names she was thinking of calling it, and i think they're hoolarious, so, here they are.
1)Batman
2)Bobbles(not bubbles)
there were more, but i can't remember them. Good luck on the names!
*Smiles*

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend used to have a fish named Phish. It wasn't a goldfish though, it ate goldfish.

Anyway, I don't think I'd name a fish after a person, cause fish do tend to die fast occasionally. Names I like for fish (or any other pet): Caspian, Oscar, Maleeni, Nisei (10 points for anybody who knows where those last two came from ), Princess Izzy, Mica, Arbuckle, Noodle, Flake, Norman, Mr. Fish.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know!! Those last 2 words came from none other than X-FILES!! I'm so good! Whoop, der it is! Heheh ... I'm a dork.

Moving on ... I really liked VishnuFish. When I grow up, I'm gonna have a fish named that.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, 10 points and a roll of masking tape for you...heck, since you were so good about playing the game, I'll even throw in a giant space slug and a handful of robotic cockroaches!

I'd rather like to have a fish I could name "The Amazing Maleeni"...only I'd really need two, and one would need to have a detachable head.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Go robotic dung eating cockroaches! Wow ... this is the best day of my life!! Heheh ... oh, I'm so unnecessarily wired right now.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fishies died. Hehe, I kind of forgot to feed them, so they ate each other. Oh well, if you don't clean their tank they'll just eat the alge.

Well, I had about 20 fish at once and they were all named Fred George Bob.

------------------
"You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older... You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older
And now you're older still..." -Older by TMBG

"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well And that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself, and so I'm having a wonderful time..." Whistling in the Dark by TMBG

"Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address.."
The World's Address by TMBG

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*StarGazer*~
Neophyte
Member # 2066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*StarGazer*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my school carnival in 3rd grade, I won three goldfishes. I named all of them Bob. Two of the Bobs died within the next 2 weeks.

But do you know what's amazing?

I still have the third one. And I'm almost in 9th grade. 5 years and going strong, WOOHOO!

------------------
These tears on my face/Are for you/I wish that I could hold you/Touch you, feel you/My heart is bleeding/Can't you see/I wish that you could hold me/Touch me, feel me

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purple Lemonade
Activist
Member # 2674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Lemonade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm....naming goldfish....something I'm good at!!
Alfonso (my late goldfish), Alfalfa (another late goldfish), Catchitori, McGee,
Bloaty, Koombaya, Scrap, Mufasa, Grace, Bubbles, Gummy, Mickey, (Fishing) Rod,
Bailey, Flounder, Karma, Galileo, Einstein, Lydia, Pesky (short for pesados-fish in spanish).....my brain is drained.

Posts: 54 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
scooby doo
seadoo
killer
surf dude
dash
tommy boy
marco polo
king titus
dewey
masimo
nacho
sharky
snoop dog
sunny
captin hook & peter pan
king george
vanilla ice
diego

Or if you can't find the perfect names you can just call them both the Dubi Brothers.

Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All mine had names that matched with their fates. Bubbles made bubbles and swirly well he swirled.
but I have a cat named bait and I wanna get a **** -tuz and name it Tackle

bait and tackle (isn't that cute) hehe

------------------
*~ Daisy ~*
"It's 8am and today I wanna save the world.
.....I'll start from my bed."

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a fish in my living room called Mr. Fishy. This is a haven of originality.
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a siamese fighting fish (he's sooo purty)...my mom named him "Spanky". I really like the names "Captain Hook and Peter Pan" that that one person suggested though.

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All these funky names make me want to go buy fishies just so I can name them. You have some good names there GG but I'd feel so bad if I called a fish "sashimi".

I had a couple of gold fish when I was younger but I don't think I named them. They didn't live for very long. I remember laying each of them on a tissue in a plastic easter egg and then burying them in the backyard. No toilet flush burial.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants dont help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.