Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Test on Self Appreciation!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Test on Self Appreciation!!!
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am branchin off on Lin's what makes you beuatiful. This is a test to see if anyone can say what they love about themselves. My post is: what do you love about you? And when I say this, I mean both physically and emotionally.
Physically I love my eyes and my legs. My eyes are dark blue with tyedye flecks...its FUNKY . and i love my legs, because they are long, and i think they are perfect, but they still show that i can play like a boy with a few scars. LOL
Inside, I love how all my friends call me their therapist because they know that I am down to earth, and will listen to all their probs, and will never judge. I also love how i can look on almost anyhing with a optimistic attitude. Keep the posts coming!!!

Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love how I'm intelligent. I love how I have unique viewpoints. I love how I'm rational and logical. I love how I can think for myself. I love how I'm good at debates and verbal sparring matches. I love that I've got the guts (or is it stupidity?) to yell back (both figuratively and literally) at authority figures when they're making bad decisions, and to break stupid rules in protest. I love my inner strength. I'm also proud of the fact that I'm good at editing things.

Now, the only challenge is to make other people appreciate these qualities.

Physically... let's not go there. I've treated my body badly lately, and it's extracting its revenge.

------------------
To the rational mind there can be no offense, no obscenity, no blasphemy, but only information of greater or lesser value.
-- Jennifer Diane Reitz

[This message has been edited by Lynne (edited 04-12-2001).]

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like my:
Sick and twisted sense of humour.
Robustness. It helps, cos I always seem to walk into doorframes...stupid doorframes!
Strength. Its fun picking my girly up. Especially when I spin her round and she squeals at me, then yells "do it again!".
Ability to write long lists.

------------------
Stuff© - try some today!.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm...what do i love about me...so many things!

Physically: I truly think i'm beautiful, and i know that sounds bitchy, but what i mean is, i think everyone is beautiful, no matter what they look like.
This past year i've learned to love myself soooo much. I love my eyes, because they're such an interesting colour, kinda brown/hazel, and dark.
i love my hair, cause it's so soft, and fun to play with, hehe.
i love my body, because it's not perfect, and i have scars, and things that tell story's(soooo corny, eheh)

mentally: i love that i don't fret on things too much, and that if i get in a fight with my friends, i can talk it out with them, without getting angry or yelling.
i love that i have my morals and values, and that i've never given into peer pressure, and that i can be myself so easily.
i love that i can love myself, because i think that i'm perfect no matter how i look, and i believe that i'm accepted because of my mind and personality and nature, and not because of how i look. i feel i can dye my hair blue(frequently i might add) wear outragous outfits, that aren't exactly in style, and just go crazy and my friends and family still love me, and so do i.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.