Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » divorce

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: divorce
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my parents are getting divorced, and reading one post, i just realized that it hasn't made an impact on me at all.
am i supposed to be upset? to tell you the truth i am kinda happy.
is this normal?
for the people that have divorced parents, how did you feel when they finally ended it?

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sweetie, that's great for you. Divorce effects every person differently. Sometimes it can be a very positive thing afterall. No more fighting...yelling... tearing hair out of your head listening to it... sometimes I think my parents should.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it's not. I have a close friend whose parents got divorced quite some time back and the only thing she could really feel was alot of relief.

When they were together, there were only screaming matches and fights. Maybe now, things will be more peaceful.

Loving your parents is different from wanting them to be together. Some people just are not meant to be together because of things like personality clashes. You can love your parents. That doesn't change. All that has changed is that they are no longer a couple but inidividuals.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone deals with problems differently, so it seems pretty normal. If it was hard for you to handle your parents fighting (if they did) and just wanted it all to end, then you probably just feel relieved. It's O>K not to be upset about it- it may not seem so terrible to you. Your parents are finally happy and all the strife has ended, and basically everything has worked itself out, so you don't necessarily have to feel upset about it. And hey, because it isn't upsetting you, I bet you've saved alot of stress and worry. But it sounds fine to me, if that's how you honestly feel, just keep feeling that way. Don't worry yourself about not being more upset.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.