Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Is this a word??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a word??
Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the other day I was really hyper and in a really really good mood and was talking so fast I said medification. I'm not sure if its a word or not. My friend said it is a religion but he is kind of stupid. I'm going crazy with it though. I spell it all the time and when I get mad I just say medification instead of a bad word. LOL. I'm telling you I'm in love with a word!

------------------
~*Melea*~

Hugs and Kisses forever and always. xoxoxo

Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it is not (but that doesn't mean you can't use it anyway, after all, that's often how language develops).

When in doubt -- as many a librarian says every day -- look it up, gal.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 04-07-2001).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tifa528
Activist
Member # 1484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tifa528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's still cute though. Kinda like me using the word "spificated".
Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love making up words and I do it all the time, but the I can never remember them. A favorite, though, is conspicious.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh...I say so many made up words I forget what half of them are. Like...complimicated. Or philosophomy. Ok, those are kind of...extensions...on already existing words. Its all good...they sound cute when you say 'em.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downward...

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
towel, my boy toy says things like that all the time. i can't think of an example right now, but it's adorable.

i say things like "confoozle" and "ridunculous." i know they're not real words, but i amuse myself. heh heh heh.

em

------------------
Tout est au mieux dans la meilleure des mondes possibles

Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
-Voltaire

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, 'confoozle' is a great one, too. One of my favorites that my girlfriend says is 'oopies'. It's sooo cute!!
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think its a word.
But hay, there nothin wrong with making up your own language.

Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless its lazybonics or script-kiddie-speak...

Lets face it, the last thing the world needs is more "Ph33R mY 5k1LlZ!!!!".

------------------
Stuff© - try some today!.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like all the words on my Tigger PJ's like Tiggerific and Splendiforous. Hehe.

Making up words is so much fun! One of my friends and I like to rename things. Fir instance, a weighing machine instead od a scale. Well, that example is because I forgot about the word scale. HEhe. It's just so fun!

Well, TTFN!

------------------
"You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older... You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older
And now you're older still..." -Older by TMBG

"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well And that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself, and so I'm having a wonderful time..." Whistling in the Dark by TMBG

"Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address.."
The World's Address by TMBG

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.