Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » My health

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My health
Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasnt really sure where to post this. Sorry it its not in the right place.

See, this is pretty much how it is. Im really weird when it comes to my health. If Im sick I wont go to the doctor but if Im not sick Im convinced that I have some really bad disease. Like cancer or something like that. I want to go to the doctor to get checked out to make sure there isnt anything really wrong with me but I dont know what to say to him. I just want to make sure Im healthy and that Im not dying and that I can have kids when I get older. Thats another thing. Im scared that there is something wrong with me that will keep me from having kids. I dont know, call me stupid but I just worry about my health.

If someone could give me some advice on what I should have done at the doctor and what I should say to him it would really help me alot.

------------------
~*Melea*~

Hugs and Kisses forever and always. xoxoxo

Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have annual physicals?

Because if you do, things will appear in a doc's observations and questions to let them know if you need any sort of testing. That's the purpose of physicals.

Can I ask something else: Melea, are you bored right now or depressed? That isn't a put-down, I am simply asking because those two things can actually contribute to someone feeling very fatalistic, or in some sense even WISHING there was something wrong with them, just to break the monotony of things and give them something important to deal with.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you are sick, ignoring it will NOT make it go away. that's something to think about.

but it is in your best interest to get checked out if you think there's something wrong.

And Miz S had an excellent point about how your state of mind can affect you as a whole.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I went to the doctor was when I felt that bump in my lower stomach. Or whatever it was. He told me I was normal. Thats one of the reasons Im scared there is something wrong with me. It wasnt there and then it was. And no its not a hernia.

Well I guess I am bored right now but I have been alot worse off. For the past couple of weeks I have been in a really good mood. The best I have been in for awhile. So its not any of that. I dont wish I was sick to change things around. I pray that Im not sick. My mom has lupus and cancer runs in our family. I see my mom in the hospital all the time. I guess I just dont want to see that happen to me.

I just have a feeling that there is something wrong with me. I would just like to make sure Im healthy and if Im not I want to find out how to change that before its too late. I know it sounds like Im depressed but really Im not. Just a little weird.

------------------
~*Melea*~

Hugs and Kisses forever and always. xoxoxo

Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's all understandable, and I'm sorry about your Mom.

We can get subcutaneous lumps and bumps that do just come and go and are nothing to worry about, but why not go ahead and have a full physical right now, and tell the doc your concerns.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.