Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I'm rather nervous...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm rather nervous...
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I'm nervous you guys. Really really nervous. So, in case you haven't been keeping up with the unfolding drama that is currently my life...my boyfriend is coming to visit me for the first time ever on Friday. I'm incredibly excited about seeing him, but I am totally freaking out at the same time. What if I don't like him? What if he doesn't like me? What if I throw up on his shoes? So many questions...

So anyway, it's only Wednesday, and I'm already freaking out...anybody got any tips on how to control the nerves?

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Am I nervous? Am I scared? Is it worth it? Should I even care? ...Man I like this guy, I really like him alot!"
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~2 days till M-day~*~

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breathe in.

Now... breathe out.

Wasn't so hard, was it?

The first time I met my partner Allan, I don't think I slept the last two nights before. Same with my sweetie David. Oy. Nerve city.

I think what helps me is focusing on getting waht I need to do done before I see a partner (including preparing for their arrival) and letting myself express the happy and excited feelings that I'm having and also the fears to someone. Like us here at scarleteen.

Feel free to ICQ me.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Erin...I think I'm probably being entirely too silly about this. But sheesh, this is a huge step! lol, Being excited and terrified at the same time is an interesting experience. I'm so ready for this to happen...I think it's just the waiting that's making me nutty!

Oh, and you should authorize me, I never know when you're on ICQ!

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

You can do this, Kitto. 'tis a big step, yes, but you'll two will turn out just fine, I know it (I'm psychic, haven't you noticed!). You'll get through Thursday by getting the groceries (don't forget the bagels!), and a little bit of Class (to get that CS project as much out of the way as posible) and hoovering the carpet and getting out the good rug. Tonight, if desired, we'll chat and I'll keep you entertained and busy. Friday, you'll do the last bit of room tidying (clean sheets and all), won't eat from 2pm on (so you don't throw up), throughout the afternoon, you eeeep a little, at 5:30, you'll make your way to the airport (just so that you won't be late and have enough time to get really nervous looking at that arrivals board) - and ta-daaaaaa. There's your boy.

You can do this, girly. Definitely. Geez, I'm so excited for you, too!

*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh so will I sweetie. I will keep you entertained.

I think I'm quite good at that.

And how could he not like you sweetie? That is near impossible. Tsk.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's tomorrow then! Good luck!

I'll tell you how you'll feel, very nervous, you feel like you're gonna throw up, butterflies, and then you'll meet him, you'll still be a little nervous, then you'll start talking, you'll have lots to talk about, and then you'll wonder what you were so nervous about in the first place!

Then you'll tell us all about his visit!! I'm sooo excited for you!!

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember, if you weren't nervous, you probably woudn't care. Nervousness is a good sign

------------------
"A free society is a place where it's safe to be unpopular."

- Adlai Stevenson

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Oh my gosh you guys, today is the big day! I'm so nervous...I threw up this morning already! (lol, it's good to be me, isn't it?) Everything is going to be fine though...just fine...
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there girly!

And grab some ginger tea. Settles the butterflies.

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel
Activist
Member # 2870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be fine. Don't worry about it, that's all there is to it
Posts: 105 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

*hugs* Thanks so much for all the support...I know that people do stuff like this everyday, and I shouldn't be freaking out about it, but it's still difficult to remain calm. I keep telling myself that it's going to be just fine. I just rather hope I don't throw up again...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.