Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Baby Names (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baby Names
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BOYS-Silas, Samuel, Javon, Ontario, Micheal, Noah, Thomas, Ishmael, Tyrone

GIRLS-Simone, Kyra, Aaliyah, Monica, Summer, Chantel, Diedre, Shannon (my name), Janice, Zaria, LeNoriah

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a girl's name I love Madison and for a boy I like Ashley Brent. I also love the names Cloe, Blaze, Hannah, Morgan, Kenna, and Makayla for girl names
Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil' GreenBean Nose
Neophyte
Member # 7016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' GreenBean Nose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my leadership class, we had to write a euology for ourselves. I spent forever trying to think of names for my kids. UGH. By the time I was finished, I was so annoyed with names. I'm way to picky though. Anyways... For girls, I like Kiley, Ariana, Adria, Leigh, and Jadeyn (Got this one from punkrocksweetheart, but when I saw it, I loved it.) For boys, Scott, Daniel, or Ethan.
Posts: 10 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverBabe
Neophyte
Member # 6983

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SilverBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were going to have a baby, I would want to name him/her after people. So, if the baby were a girl, I would name her Elle, Tiffany, or Deadre, because those are the names of my best friends. And of the baby were a boy, I would want to name him either Ben, after my boyfriend, or Jesse or Chris, after my guyfriends. These six people are the people closest to my heart!

------------------
In life, there are choices to make every where you go. Do your best to follow your heart and listen to the advice of people you love and trust.

Posts: 25 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*worried*
Neophyte
Member # 6442

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *worried*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my favorite girl name has to be [valdamerca]
but i also really like the names
autumn
twilight
frost
bliss
and for a boy it just has to be [trevor]
also i gotta agree with kistune_vixen for the names seraph and seraphine heh

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, I absolutely love this topic! My favorite names are:

girls:
-Holly (which is what I'm definitely going to name my first girl)
-Madison
-Leah
-Katherine (I like it with a K)
-Amber

boys:
-Clayton William
-I like the name Jeremy!
-I like Ryan, but much too common

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 02-26-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, 2 girls: jacy dawn, javelin marie
2 boys: carter shay and aton michael

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PeaceAngel
Activist
Member # 7466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeaceAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to have a boy and a girl when I get older. 'Tis my idea of a perfect family!
As for names, let's see...
For girls I like the names Rachel, Christina, Monica (after one of my best friends) Natalie, and Angel (I have a dog named Angel!)
For boys I like the names Nick, Josh, Christopher, Dylan, and Michael.

------------------
~It takes all kinds of people to make our world interesting and it takes acceptance to make our world peacful.~

Posts: 46 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to have two girls, Siobhan Jessica and Alyson Louise. Siobhan after my P.E. teacher and Louise after a girl I once knew...
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalale
Neophyte
Member # 7726

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lalale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooooooh I couldn't help but reply to this...

For girls I like:
Serenity Neptune
Olivia Saturn
Severine Pluto

And for boys:
Lewis Mercury (Lewis pronounced "Louie")
Shinji Jupiter

All the planets are middle names, and I changed the girls' names to English, but I want them to be French since that's what I am.
So, what do you think?

------------------
Questions, questions...

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha lala, that's kinda cute, although as a teenager I'm not sure if I would really want my name to be Jupiter

Serenity Neptune is sorta pretty, though.

------------------
Don't Mess With Texas.

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
When I was younger I wanted to name my first daughter "Chlamydia." And then I found out what it was...

--Danny

That is so friggin' hilarious, Danny. Just thought I'd tell ya that it made me laugh my arse off

------------------
My SiTe

~*Only God Knows Why*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Country Girl
Activist
Member # 3380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Country Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to have either two or three kids (preferably girls but I'll take what I can get )... I only have two names so far... Cadence (girl) and Connor (boy). I'm sure I'll be looking more when I get to that stage in my life.

------------------
"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

Care to read my thoughts?

Posts: 80 | From: VT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SignatureGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SignatureGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've thought about this subject several times before and I think its really cool to wonder about what you'll name your kids some day. Here are the names I like best:
For a girl- Shasta, Autumn, Kirsten, Vanessa and Portia.
For a boy-Michael, Adam, Jacob, Josh and Christopher.

------------------
"The thing that separates us with from animals is our ability to accessorize."
-Steel Magnolias

Posts: 5 | From: SanDiego,CA,USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 3 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to have 3 children. I would like the first born to be a boy. I want the younger children to have the older brother I never had. Their names would be:

Boys:
Seth Brayden
Brandon Trey

Girls:
Jadeyn Nikole
Aaliyah Christian
Briana Elizabeth

The first two, Seth Brayden and Jadeyn Nikole are DEFINITELY keepers. The other ones are just names I thought up randomly. Aaliyah would be, of course after the late singer Aaliyah. Anyways, these are my baby names. I more than likely won't be needing them soon, but at least if I so happened to get pregnant, I'd have cute names picked out.

------------------
My SiTe

------------------

Oh, I'll confess,
I don't know what to make from all this mess
don't have much time for sympathy,
but it never happened to me
you're feeling down now,
I don't know where I'll be when you come along,
and now it's time to make a choice...
and all I wanna hear is your voice

------------------
~*Only God Knows Why*~

[This message has been edited by justagirl04 (edited 05-08-2002).]

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 6 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For girls, pretty much jewish names. I'll even write what they mean in Hebrew:

Zahava- gold
Malka- queen
Tova- good
Tzippora- a little bird
Shira- song
Tikva- hope
Nitza- blossom
Naomi- pleasant
Gila- joy
Ayala- deer
Varda- pretty

Boys names:
Abraham- father of many
Ezra- a helper
Saul- asked for
Solomon- peaceful
Zev- wolf
and Nick and Andrew (Andy)

Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe.

this is a cool post. i don't plan on having kids for a looooooong time, but about 5 years ago i picked out names for if i ever have 2 daughters and i still like them today, so there is a good chance that if i have 2 girls, these will be their names:

Maura Amelia

Grace Olivia

i've always liked the name Maura. i knew a girl named Maura once and always thought she had the coolest name. kind of like Laura, only with an M and much cooler sounding.

Amelia because sometimes people named Amelia are called Amy for short and that is my name. also, i just think its a pretty name.

Grace because its my sister's and grandmother's middle name.

Olivia because i have just always thought it sounded pretty and now the cool twist is that my boyfriend's mom's name is Olivia so that is a neat coincidence.

some other names i like for girls:

Isabelle
Madeline
Bethany
Erin

boy names:

Jeremy
Christopher
Paul
Matthew
Bronson
Micah
Andrew (my brother's and dad's name)

and also i almost forgot:

Abegail- what i am going to name my new bulldog puppy when i get her in a few months. i think Abegail Georgia (you know, University of Georgia Bulldogs and UGA)

hehe

okay, i'm silly. that's all.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never ever wanna have kids.

But......

Boys: Theo, Alekszander or Simon

Girls: Imogen, Tabitha or Sydney

Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah I forgot two boys names, they are Tyson and Kayden.
Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pomgirlKelly05
Neophyte
Member # 8383

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pomgirlKelly05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna name my kid LKUOIUJHJKHJHDFJH. When people ask how it is pronounced, I'm gonna say, "Jason". haha jk. I like the names Brooke (girl), Tanner (boy), and Reagan (girl).

------------------
~*Kelly*~

Posts: 17 | From: Georgetown, Alabama, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
girls names:
Eliana Ai <--Ai means love in japanese.
Katerina Hope
Jewel Spirt

boys:
Anduril Cansil<--my boyfriend's idea(men are idiots)
Charles David
Jeremey something-or-other

------------------
me myslef and i

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drAmA quEEn
Activist
Member # 8332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drAmA quEEn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aww what a perfect topic considering my aunty had a baby last night :-) on the due date actually, which is quite weird.

hmmm anyway, id like 1 girl and 1 boy, then maybe some more, dont really mind what sex. i like the names.... lee, chris, travis james (TJ) and caitlin

Posts: 65 | From: uk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkElephants
Neophyte
Member # 8409

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PinkElephants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok-all my friends think that this is the weirdest name but i want to call my daughter Ithaca (as in the greek island) coz i think it sounds really beautiful and exotic.
4 a boys name i like Antonio (westside story) but i would call my son Tony coz he would get soooo slagged at school for Antonio-I could just call him that in secret :-)

Posts: 9 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading a 2001 name book in a book store last week. I looked up my name [Melissa, although I go by Lissa always] and it said this:

Once popular throughout the mid 1970s to late 1980s the name Melissa is typically out of use now and is considered dated.

Hmph! I have an 80s name I guess. I don't have favourite names really, but my boyfriend and I have decided:

BOY: James Raine [his first name, plus a name he likes]

GIRL: Amelia Jane [only name we could agree on and my middle name]

Why are girls so obsessed with picking out names? LOL

------------------
~Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the names:
(For a girl or boy)
Supafly Isuzu -man I marries last name here-
....................It's entirely possible I will never procreate. How could I do that to a poor innocent baby???
Now seriously for a girl I love the name Caeli I always have and for a boy Dmitri or Damien.

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boys- Travis,Andrew,Ben,Derek,Matthew,Ryan,Scott,Shaughn
Girls- Desiree,Vic(Victoria),Alyssa,Jade,

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

quote:
Originally posted by pomgirlKelly05:
I like the names Brooke (girl), Tanner (boy), and Reagan (girl).

I love the names Reagan and Kennedy. Weird how president's names can have such a large impact on you, isn't it?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.