Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Baby Names (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baby Names
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody! Ever have that parenting or family living class and have to pick out names for your kids? I was just kinda curious about what kind of names were floating around these days. So, what would you name your kids and why? Also, how many kids do you want to have?

Personally, I want to have 3 boys and 1 girl. I have 4 boy names picked out though. I'm only 18 and I know these are gonna change, but sometimes it's fun to think about it.
Boy Names: Sean Wesley
Dante Michael
Jaden Scott
Matthew Cole
Girl Names: Taylor Allison

Well, that was fun! Another thing that I was thinking about was what my parents would have named me if I was a boy. They would have named me Sean Wesley. My mom wanted to name me Margaret Ellen, but my dad said "no". Thank goodness! Btw, my name's Rebecca Jo.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing all of your replies. Keep smilin'

Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...i never had to do that, but i have thought about how many kids, and baby names. I wanna have maybe, 2 or 3 kids, i don't care if they are boys or girls.

My fave girls names are Bronwynn, Autumn, and Lorna.
and my fave guys names are James, Ian and Nicklas.

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few threads on baby names in the Pregnancy and Parenting forum You might want to go and have a look at those..

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanelyn
Neophyte
Member # 2545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanelyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i am about to have a baby and my boyfriend and i have decided if it's a girl we will either name her Riley Brooke or Marissa Elizabeth and if it's a boy the name will be Jordan (not sure about middle name yet). What do you think?
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ive always liked the name zara for girls. n e thing with a z in it. i think theyre cute and quirky.
i think emma is nice and so are james and david.
and billy. but for a girl
aww congrats on ure baby!!
call it wateva u feel like but those r cute names!

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! well I'm from Portugal, so here the names we use (as the whole language too) are different, but I quite like some "english" names, such as:

for boys- David (which is the same in my language), Kevin, Mark, Jamie..

for girls- Sally, Kathleen, Melanie, Sarah..

Just for those of you who are wondering, I'll tell you my favourite names in Portuguese:

boys- David, Diogo, Bruno, Ricardo, Henrique, Pedro.

girls- Inęs (my name ) can't really think of another name as favourite

what do you think about these names? do they sound lke "weird" to you? hihihi

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I like the names Elijah, Micah, Christian, Alex, Dane, Bryce, Nolen, Casey, Patrick, Scott, Jason, Liam, and James for boys names. For girls names I like Shelby, Hannah, Vanessa, Molly, Cecily, Leea, Darcy, and Phoebe. Not the usual names you see lately, but I want my future children to have uncommon beautiful names. I especially like Darcy, Casey, Elijah, Leea, Bryce, and Vanessa though. Mostly because my cousin's name is Vanessa, my best friends name is Leea, and I just think the rest are cool names.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cats31_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great names!

Hanelyn, have you thought about Andrew, Dane, or Nicholas for middle names? Just some thoughts from my miniscule mind.

I want to name my kid's w/"weird" names. It's makes them unique. You don't want to have 4 Ashley's or 3 Megan's in your class like I do. Common names are boring.

Posts: 23 | From: Kansas | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want any kids, but I do have favorite names. (I've actually been collecting names for future pets, lately.) Off the top of my head:

Boys: Gabriel, Adrian, Darien, Colin, Winston, Dante, Etienne

Girls: Ariana, Charlotte, Clara, Juliet, Victoria, Lillian, Gabriella, Guenevere (does that have an i in it somewhere?), Anastasia

Yeah, I've got weird taste. I'd never actually saddle a kid with some of the names on my list, though.

[This message has been edited by Lynne (edited 04-04-2001).]

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope really really much that i have girls...
ive always wanted 3; rosie, lily, and daisy

i like the name isabella too, and for short izzy or belle ( like in beauty and the beast )

boys names? i haven't really thought about it.

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did i mention my name was luciana?
( loo-chee-ah-na )

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Italienprincess, I didn't even know the name "Luciana" existed, and I just want to say that I think it's beautiful.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!! I have always loved dolls/babies, so you gotta have names for the dolls right?? Well...my personal faves are
Girlz-Sierra, Brooke, Jessica
Boyz-Damon, James, Gabriel, and Kurt
SO...if I have 7 kids, I will be prepared. LOL

Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls Names

Veronica Marie
Cecilia Rebecca
Cindy Nichole
Darcy Anne

Boy Names

Paul David
Johnathan William

Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Camzie, my best friends name is Curt! I forgot to add that to my post, but if I have a boy when I decide to have children, I was going to name him after my friend Curt. And the middle name would probably be Elijah or Patrick.

Hmmm.... Curt Elijah

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Cats. My mom was going to name me Sean, too, if I was a boy . She LOVES Sean Connery, so she thought she'd name me after him! LOL. Thank goodness I turned out to be a girl (nothing against the name Sean... I'm just not a big fan of Mr. Connery ::shivers: .

Anyway, here are names I like:

Boys: Becher, Isaac, and Bradely
Girls: Sheeva, Mary, Margaret, Macy, and Leslie

Very common, I know, but I like 'em . By the way, Lucky, I like Phoebe, too. That's an awesome name!

------------------
"Straight it boring," ~Loreal Le Grande Curl commercial

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boys name is justin michael my girls name is hailey renee. i dont want any more kids but if i have one i will name a girl genisus leigh and i dont know what i would name a boy yet but prebably jeremiah.

------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juice
Activist
Member # 3325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like this topic!

i don't want any kids, so i haven't thought much about my fav names. but i have kinda a funny story about names (st least i think it's funny ): my mom has a friend who is a little on the ditzy side and when she found out she was pregnant w/ triplet girls she started thinking of names. April, May, and June are now 15 and not at all happy w/ their names. but wait, it gets better: they were born in July!

i've never met anyone, or heard of anyone with my name. it's Jessie, NOT jessica. no one ever believes me that my given, official, first name is just Jessie. when i was little teachers would argue with me trying to convince me that my name was a ctually Jessica! grrrr...

[This message has been edited by Juice (edited 04-18-2001).]

Posts: 45 | From: Toronto, Ontatio, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saroo
Neophyte
Member # 3455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya guys, I'm a newbie, but I hope you won't hold that against me

Well I always love thinking about names that I would call my children when I have them. At the moment, my fave boys names are: Bailey, Zachary, Jack, Jimeoin (pronounced Jim-owen), Milton, Finner, and Drazic. My fave girls names are: Isobel, Aurora, Imogen (or Imogyn, I haven't decided yet..), Stevie, and Eloise.

I have no idea how many kids I want.. one of each would be good, though.. But we'll see what happens..

------------------
~*~Lisa~*~

Posts: 3 | From: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astrogirl
Neophyte
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astrogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd like to name one of my girls molly. and maybe another one of them emily. my boyfriend (who i'm going to marry ) has all kinds of interesting names picked out...olandis, rufus, jebakar...i think i will be the baby namer
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was younger I wanted to name my first daughter "Chlamydia." And then I found out what it was...

--Danny

------------------
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billabong_baby
Neophyte
Member # 3547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billabong_baby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 boy 1 girl
boy--
joshua alan ( the name of my current bf)
girl--
destiny marie

------------------
~*~Josh's baby girl~*~

Posts: 7 | From: strongsville,ohio 44149 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purple256
Neophyte
Member # 3566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple256     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, BruinDan. Anyway, it's kinda early to be thinking about baby names right now (I'm only 16) but thinking about it, Trevor would be a cool name for a boy, and I like Blaze for a girl's name.

------------------
Note: Best viewed in font Sarcasm.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm currently pregnant, and names in the running are:

boys:
noah
cade
ian
colin (my boyfriend's name. i love it, but he doesn't want to become colin senior.)

girls:
jade
colin (i contend that it can be a girls name!)
violet
hannah (i just realized how much i adore this name..)

i need to think of better girls names.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

[This message has been edited by lostcat (edited 04-30-2001).]

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuu
Activist
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first girl must be named Phoebe, after the girl in The Catcher in the Rye.
First son, ****ed if I know. Ian does sound like a good name though.

[This message has been edited by Ryuu (edited 04-30-2001).]

Posts: 82 | From: Colorado, US | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cats31_01
Neophyte
Member # 3167

What do you guys think of the name Brayden Christopher? Personally, I like Hannah Katharine. Good luck on the name choosing!
~*frEe*~
Neophyte
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*frEe*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm.. i would love to name my daughters "tiffany anne" and "janine ashley".. "dawn chloe" sounds nice too though... =)
and my sons will be named "timothy james" and "michael lance"...
Dun really think i would want 5 kids.. maybe 2 girls and 1 guy?? lets leave it to fate.. =)

------------------
~*i nV prOmIsEd u a hAppy eNding, yOU nV sAed yOu wOUldn't mAkE mE crY..*~

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte
Member # 3780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want a two girls twins sandi jean and one named angel. and a boy named zachary john.

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

Posts: 20 | From: crystal lake il. USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punkrocksweetheart
Neophyte
Member # 3798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for punkrocksweetheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the names Adrian, Seth, and Bradon for boys. I like the names Jadeyn, Briana, and Cbristiana for girls.

------------------
S h a n n a

Posts: 1 | From: Clinton, OK 73601 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icegurl
Neophyte
Member # 3871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icegurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the names i would like for girls r pretty strange... like aurora, ruby, sonia, crystal and most of all i would like to alter the spelling somethin like krystle? however there are some name that r unisex.. i dun really like those... like mine for guys i like names like nick, ryan, joey and all those names that r not soooo long.... short and sweet
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy_Kitty14
Neophyte
Member # 1179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy_Kitty14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had been a boy my mother would have called me Jonathon....So therefore, if I have a boy I'm going to name him Jonathon Douglas.
And on girls i like names that can be shortened to sound kinda guyish...like Alison to Al or Joanna to Jo.

By the way, my name is Kate and everyone always thinks its short for something like Kathy or catherine...but no, Its just Kate, not Katie or another variation...just Kate...Teachers never understand this.

Posts: 20 | From: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were a boy, my Mom would have named me Paul Christopher.

My sister has a unique name... Tamarac (like the tree, only the tree is spelled Tamarack). We call her Tammy for short.

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't remember who said it... probably a comedian? Anyway, he or she said that when choosing a baby name, go to a place in your house and shout it as loud as you can. That way you know if you like it that way, as that's how you'll hear it the most.

------------------
"So I speak to you in riddles, cause my words get in my way" -Aaron Lewis of Staind, in Epiphany.

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kistune_vixen
Neophyte
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kistune_vixen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy or Girl Names (I have quite a few, I'm fikle)
Talyn
Ravyn
Onyx
Aura
Willow
Wolf

Girls:
Skye
Eclipse
Icys
Seraphine

Boys:
Timothy Wayne (the only one that's not weird ^.^())
Ebon
Connor
Drake
Seraph
Foxyn
Pheonix
Elijah
Rio

NOTE: I do NOT plan to have these many kids!

------------------

You aint goin' crazy; it's all in your head.

Posts: 14 | From: lala land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euphorickitty
Neophyte
Member # 6425

Icon 12 posted      Profile for euphorickitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh... I love this topic!
My favorite names,which I plan to name my future children, are Ava Isabella and James Aidan. Only two for me thank you, but I suppose the reality of my vision must be left to fate.

Posts: 38 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.