Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Childhood Memories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Childhood Memories
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What activities did you like to do when you were young? Or are there any little memories you'd like to share?

When I was little, I never had the coolest toys or latest video games so I always played outside. My cousins and I used to dig up dirt and make cakes or we'd use leaves and make egg rolls. One time, we mashed up the leaves, put them in a big bottle and filled it up with water. We went door to door, trying to sell it as a perfume. We were young, we actually thought someone would buy murky green water. I think one of our neighbors finally bought it for 25 cents after we told her it was a beauty potion.

Another time, we round up all our books and decided to open a neighborhood library. We sat outside of my cousin's house with a fluorescent sign and a table filled with books. Kids came by and picked whatever books they liked. We asked them where they lived and they'd point in a general direction. Needless to say, the library idea lasted a day and we never got any of our books back.

We also thought we could tell the future. There was this big tree in the front yard where my cousins and I sat for hours. We would pick up the seeds that fell and open them, inside laid the future. I think we knew it wasn't for real. The seeds were like apple seeds, nothing you could open. We pretended to open them and we pretended to see what was inside. I even remember my cousin telling me she didn't want to play anymore because she didn't want to use up all her imagination.

That's enough from me, now it's your turn. Come on, go ahead, they can't be anymore silly than mine.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants dont help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, there are so many.

First off I remember wearing my white nitegown when I was around 5 and I would get my cousin to be the one who holds the end of my skirt and I would pretend that I was getting married.

And I loved to read when I was young. And my mum told e that I was in a bookshop once reading when this little boy came up to me and stared at what I was reading. I was reading out loud and he just gave me this "god, you are so weird" look and walked away. Apparently I wasn't reading from the book but from memory so it didn't make sense to the boy.

And there are so many but I should let others have a chance huh?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, i love childhood memories. Our neighbours from across the street have a daughter who is a year older than me, and 2 sons around my older brothers age, so we would play with them a lot. They had a ton of lego and we used to make a huge lego city in their basement, it was soooo fun. One of the boys collected model cars, and all the lego people would drive them around.

Another thing we used to do there was take a bunch of blankets and old tables and make a huge fort in their basement. That was really kewl cause it took up the whole basement, and everyone had their own room, and the TV fit inside, so we would sit inside watching movies and stuff.

When i was in grade 3 or 4, we decided to put on a tennis tournament outside of our houses. It was called The Kane Kids Tennis Tournament. We even went to a trophy place and had special trophies made up just for the occasion. It was really fun and we had a big party afterwords.

We know all our neighbours around our houses, and there was another girl who we played with and sometimes at night, we would play this huge game of hide and go seek tag, really fun, cause we had about 5 peoples yards to hide in and a back lane.

hmm...i'm just trying to dig out as much as i can...now that i'm remember them, sowwy if i bore ya.hehe

Another thing we used to do, was go on there garage roof, make a little table, bring up music, snacks,drinks, sun umbrellas, and towels, and just sit there all day.

We used to make a whole mall in their basement, and someone would run a restaurant, and some sorta store and a bank. We also did radio shows, and talk shows, and we video taped the talk shows, which just made me remember another thing.

When i was in grade 4 we decided to make a movie. It was A Kane Kids Production(kane is the street name) and it was called secret in the closet. It was the funniest thing, and we still have it.

When i was really young, we used to put on rock concerts in their basement, and both our families would come, and we lip-synch to new kids on the block and stuff, and then our families would have dinner together after.

WOW! That was very long winded, oh well, i love childhood memories!

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite game to play would be "line up the crayons" My mom thought I was nuts, because she would give me a piece of paper and crayons...and ya know...expect me to draw with it? But instead I would imagine that all the crayons were waiting at the train station. Some of them were on one side of the train, and the others were on the other. Then I would pretend that they'd "find" eachother and line them all up together in color coordinated order. This was when I was two, and I still remember exactly what I was thinking in my head when I played it. I was pretty independent. Heh

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine how sad we would be if we knew that that would be the last day we'd have those memories, or the last day we'd be playing with those friends.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A memory that really sticks with me is a bit silly! When I was about 6, I kept trying to read what was written on my mum's trainers. It said OLYMPUS but I kept saying Olli... Olli im... Olli imps... I got sooo frustrated!!

Oh, one other happy (or perhaps not so happy)memory was when I ate a quince off my garden hedge! UUUUGGHHH !
*Badger*

[This message has been edited by badly_behaved_badger (edited 06-10-2002).]

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was little i remember coloring those white rocks that u find in garden beds with markers and attempting to sell them. they were actually a semi-hit and earned a few but very pretty pennies

------------------
later rox.
shorter signature, yes?

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember climbing a lot when I was a kid. Trees, walls, fences, bars, anything I could lcimb I was up the top of, my nick name was Monkey Murphy!!

And Lego, oh my God, Lego was just my world, I used to have castles and little forts and carts and my litttle lego men running around kiling each other with swords and stuff.

My brother once rolled me down the stairs in a laundry basket, which was one of the less pleasant aspects of my life.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i remember playing Mermaids, which is exactly what it sounds like - you're a gorgeous mermaid and you're dating a gorgeous merman (lol i said mermaid first). so you swim around with all your little fishy friends and life is peachy. it was fun.

and then we played Animorphs when we were 9 or so, which was just acting out the TV show and books basically... also we played with Barbies and tea sets and that sort of thing. nothing too original, i'm afraid.

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

[This message has been edited by Sh!mmeR!ng*staR (edited 06-12-2002).]

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.