Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Missing a friend...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missing a friend...
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been friends with this guy, Justin since school started this year. He's a junior, I'm a freshman... well after a while, I started to like him... alot. I liked him for his smile... it always made me melt. He was also in a local band, and I would always watch them play... I still have one of his songs stuck in my head. He began to be the reason I would wake up every morning... he made me happy. Well about a month ago, I noticed that we hadn't been in class for about a week or so. I asked his friend, Jesse where Justin was. He told me Justin had gotten kicked out of school b/c he skipped school too much... I knew this had to be true... Justin cared more about music than anything else... he is like me... music is our life... well anyways... I haven't seen him in over a month. I miss him terribly... I cry about him so much... we sat by each other in geometry, and it's hard for me to look at that chair and realize he's never gonna be there again. He is going to alternative school now, and I haven't seen him since... it upsets me so bad... b/c he was Justin.. he was my everything... the light in my life is gone... he was such a good friend to me... he would take time to talk to me about anything... but since I'm 14, I don't have a license... I can't just go over to his house... and he doesn't have a phone... I dunno what to do! All my friends are telling me to get over it, he's just a boy... but that's not what he is.. he's Justin...

------------------
"There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend, it will help you carry on, in the end."- Creed (the song,"Inside Us All")

"And how can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you? Could you tell me, how could it be, any better than this?" Lifehouse (the song, "Everything")

-Shanna-

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe try sending him a note in the mail? Just to say hi and that you've missed him in class.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Am I nervous? Am I scared? Is it worth it? Should I even care? ...Man I like this guy, I really like him alot!"
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~9 days till M-day~*~

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss my friends. I miss all of them - they're currently 22 hours away by plane. These are people I've known for years - a guy I've known since I was 5, and people I've gone through hell with. People I'd trust with my life.

You're not alone.

How do I deal? Phone, email, and hopefully once I get my fat *** into gear, letters!

Seriously, write to him. Ask him to hit a pay phone or something. (Well, not literally) Even ask your parents to drop you off...

------------------
Cranial space for rent.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Missing friends is hard, I'm away at university and I'm 18 hours drive away from my old friends. If you want to see him, why don't you go to see him play again? Or, you could drop by, do you have public transit? Does he live close enough to walk or bike to? Or do you have mutual friends that could arrange for all of you to get together. Good luck
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.